2014 NBA Draft/Free Agency

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
calitennis127 said:
DarthFed said:
Crazy, can't help but think he is trying to make a "perfect Hollywood story" here.

But as I said, at this point you could put him on a team with high schoolers and they'd still be favorites to win the East. Though I suppose if Melo goes to Chicago and Rose comes back decent you might give them the edge over Cleveland. One things for sure, the teams out West just breathed a big sigh of relief. They had to worry about a team out there getting him and they also had to worry that he might somehow go to a decent East team making the task much harder in the Finals.

Darth, what the hell are you talking about?

Anyone who watched Cleveland at all this season can clearly see that they are far superior to what LeBron had around him in Miami. Frankly it's not even close. A Big 3 of LeBron, Irving, and Waiters is a true Big 3, unlike the mythical "Big 3" of LeBron, an injured Wade (who has to get 4 hours of therapy just to play a game because of a surgery while he was at Marquette), and Chris Bosh (one of the most overrated players in the NBA).

Cleveland is a team with great athleticism and a youthful spirit. Kyrie has a nasty handle, and Waiters is an all-around scorer. He is a boss.

LeBron has just joined a better team than the collection of stiffs and miniature role players he was just surrounded by. And for the first time in his career, he will be playing alongside a true point guard, who also happens to be an elite point guard.

Cleveland is a better team right now than Miami just was in the Finals, so they would be more of a threat to any Western Conference team. Put LeBron with Waiters and Irving out on the court, and they are more potent than the sorry Miami team that just made the Finals. Most casual fans don't realize this yet because they haven't seen Waiters enough to appreciate his ability.

:laydownlaughing

If the team was that good they wouldn't be picking #1 every fu**in year pal. This isn't rocket science. Irving is a talented but injury prone point guard and the rest of the team is not good RIGHT NOW and that's the issue. Also, Irving is a shoot first point guard so I'm not sure where you think he is a "true" point guard if you even know what the definition is.

This is a young and potentially good team if Wiggins pans out and others continue to grow but for the next year or 2 this will not be a good supporting cast unless Cleveland lands Love. If they get Love they are favorites to win it all IMO. Without him...they better hope SA gets knocked off and that's if they make the finals.

Darth, you are so oblivious to basic realities and you obviously have amnesia.

First of all - as you yourself say all the time, the NBA is a league of stars. Rosters are constructed around them. And team's fortunes swing with either acquiring or losing designated star players (the vast majority of the time, with some rare exceptions like when Denver got better in 2011 after trading Melo and having JR be more of their #1 option). This is why Cleveland went from being the #1 seed in the East in 2010 to posting a 26-game losing streak in 2011, all because they lost LeBron. This is also why Boston went from Eastern Conference doormat to East #1 and NBA champion in one year after acquiring KG and Ray Allen.

Now let me ask you: if the Heat roster this season had no LeBron, do you seriously think they would have even made the playoffs? Wade missed almost half the year and Bosh never once led his Toronto teams to the playoffs, being the sensational Big 3 "superstar" he supposedly is.

So what exactly makes you think Cleveland can't make a huge jump next year? If Itving and Waiters hadn't been hurt so much, they would have made the playoffs comfortably, and unlike LeBron's former Cleveland and Miami supporting casts, the Cleveland roster is actually athletic. They are not a perfect team by any means, but they are athletic, and with Waiters and Itving, they have much more of a real Big 3 than the Heat did with an injured Wade and a pseudo-star in Bosh.

As for Love - of course you love him. He is exactly the type of player who statheads blindly worship.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
We agree that Miami's team around Lebron was garbage. But the problem is he didn't get an upgrade in Cleveland...yet. Cleveland may develop a good team around him but that is probably 2-3 years down the road. Irving and Waiters are no superstars and aside from that you have a decent role player in Varejao and a couple developing players in Wiggins and Bennett. You'll see next year. Lebron is great enough to win the East with a group of paraplegics but come the Finals it will be tough sledding.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
^ Isn't that what happened before when Lebron got to the finals against SA? Didn't the Cavs get swept?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yep they have laid the smack down on Lebron and his teams twice and dang near won the other time too. Pops is great at not letting one man beat his team.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Lance Stephenson going to Hornets is a big deal...A sizable loss for Indiana I think. He is an offensive spark, talented dude. A bit of a loose cannon but he can play. How many triple doubles did he have last year? He was right at the top I think.

Good for Charlotte.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Lance Stephenson going to Hornets is a big deal...A sizable loss for Indiana I think. He is an offensive spark, talented dude. A bit of a loose cannon but he can play. How many triple doubles did he have last year? He was right at the top I think.

Good for Charlotte.

Pacers didn't need him since LBJ left South Beach..

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
From Larry Legend to Air Jordan. If Lance can't get straightened out a bit the next few years he is a lost cause. Big blow for Pacers. And AP it doesn't matter than Lebron left South Beach, the Pacers aren't beating whatever team he's on at this point.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Lance is No Body.. Darth, what's your thought about Pau Gasol going to the Bulls. I think on paper its looks like an upgrade but it really depends on Drose and how much of a bench the Bulls can develop this season. I dont understand why the Bulls waited until this week to ammesty Boozer if they really wanted Melo. Man, I just dont like that organization.(My peeps tell me that Drose may walk in 2 years unless things changes there).

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
the AntiPusher said:
Lance is No Body.. Darth, what's your thought about Pau Gasol going to the Bulls. I think on paper its looks like an upgrade but it really depends on Drose and how much of a bench the Bulls can develop this season. I dont understand why the Bulls waited until this week to ammesty Boozer if they really wanted Melo. Man, I just dont like that organization.(My peeps tell me that Drose may walk in 2 years unless things changes there).

AP, I am wondering why you think Lance is a nobody. Putting aside issues unrelated to basketball, the guy was second this year in voting for most improved player. He had the most triple doubles this season, which tells a lot about a player's dedication...I mean willing to rebound the ball, willing to share it in addition to scoring. Bird always said he was a great talent and obviously Jordan agrees.

Not too shabby for a second round pick, no?:huh:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Gasol would help but he won't push them over the edge at this point. The only question to note on that team is how well can Rose come back this time.

Stephenson is still an asset. There are/were a lot of problems in Indy not having to do with Lance; Paul George had some of those "young NBA star issues" last year and God knows whats up with Roy Hibbert. Indy just got quite a bit worse now IMO.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
the AntiPusher said:

AP, I am wondering why you think Lance is a nobody. Putting aside issues unrelated to basketball, the guy was second this year in voting for most improved player. He had the most triple doubles this season, which tells a lot about a player's dedication...I mean willing to rebound the ball, willing to share it in addition to scoring. Bird always said he was a great talent and obviously Jordan agrees.

It was a contract year.. Eg.. look at the World's greatest player in the World.. JR Smith.. he is was the 6th man of the year winner a few years ago and now he cant shoot the ball into the Atlantic Ocean.. If Lance was a real difference make, Bird would have kept him.. Larry Legend is a better evaluator of talent than MJ(btw.. that's where Lance landed as you know)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The Lakers get Boozer, wow how the Mighty Lakers have fallen.I wonder if Jim Buess can be sent over to the Ukraine as a peace diplomat

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
the AntiPusher said:
1972Murat said:
the AntiPusher said:

It was a contract year.. Eg.. look at the World's greatest player in the World.. JR Smith.. he is was the 6th man of the year winner a few years ago and now he cant shoot the ball into the Atlantic Ocean.. If Lance was a real difference make, Bird would have kept him.. Larry Legend is a better evaluator of talent than MJ(btw.. that's where Lance landed as you know)

I hear you AP, but the kid is 23 years old. He is still a pup really. He might not be the next best thing, but he might grow into a good player in this league.

JR Smith...? I will let you and Cali work on that...;) . he has a grand total of 0 (zero) triple doubles in his career by the way...Lance is way ahead of the game there.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Wiggins may be on the move, typically a 3rd team gets involved.. I think GS and the Bulls have the most to offer in this type of scenario. A backcourt of Rose and Wiggins would 've been legendary.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
What do the bulls have as trade bait aside from Noah?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Not Noah, straight up but I would if the Bulls can get back Wiggins in return.. To answer your question, I would think they could package Taj Gibson, Butler and the new draft pick to Minnesota similar what GS is offering(thompson, Barnes and etc) but they are trying to get Love instead of what I am proposing.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
If Wiggins is going anywhere it figures to be Minnesota. Minny has clearly played hardball with Cleveland and called their bluff that they wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love. It is probably a good trade for both teams.

Gibson and Butler would be two solid role players but I don't think Minny wants role players for Love and they know Cleveland is pretty desperate at this point to get that trade.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
If Wiggins is going anywhere it figures to be Minnesota. Minny has clearly played hardball with Cleveland and called their bluff that they wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love. It is probably a good trade for both teams.

Gibson and Butler would be two solid role players but I don't think Minny wants role players for Love and they know Cleveland is pretty desperate at this point to get that trade.

Gibson Butler and the sharp shooting 6-8 rookie from MIchigan State,I think that's a good swap for KLove..KLove is a good player with limitations, he is no Larry Legend

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Guys , is it a good idea to get rid of Wiggins (who can be your future for the next 10 years or so), for KL, who may or may not help Bron to another ring? Wouldn't it be great for Wiggins, (and the Cavs) to learn from the best (Bron) and develop there?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I doubt they are doing this to get just one ring. Love is ready to go right now and is a better asset to have around Lebron in general. It is something that could look stupid if Wiggins turns into a huge superstar and the Cavs don't win at least 2 rings.