2014 NBA Draft/Free Agency

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Thought I'd start a thread about this. The draft will be held June 26.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Few things of note:
1. We all know Lebron will make his choice soon
2. Melo has opted out of NY
3. Bosh will probably opt in
Unrestricted: Dirk, Lowry, Stephenson, Gortat, Pau Gasol, Paul Pierce, Deng, Ariza, Spencer Hawes, Shaun Livingston, Jordan Hill, Patty Mills, Vince Carter, Marvin Williams, Ramon Sessions, Shawn Marion, Diaw, Farmar, Meeks, Augustin, Chalmers, Ray Allen.

I won't list the restricted ones, but feel free to discuss anyone you wish.

On a sad note, this player would have been a 2R pick. :(
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/rare-genetic-disorder-ends-nba-draft-prospect-career-article-1.1839546

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It sounds like Melo wants to go to Chicago and they'd be foolish not to pursue him. Bosh and Wade will be crazy to opt out as their value has gone way down. Lebron's next "decision" is the big story, and of course the NBA draft. I will be interested to see how far Embiid falls. I always want a good wing player prospect in today's NBA over a good big player prospect and Embiid seems like he could quickly become the next Greg Oden. If Bucks end up with him as opposed to Parker or Wiggins I will be plenty pi$$ed.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Not going to be a good look for Lebron but part of that is due to the fallout from 4 years ago. Truthfully who can blame him? The Heat are a sinking ship which leaves him in an even worse position than he was in with the Cavs 4 years ago.

Now the big question is where does he go? I can't imagine him not having a big interest in the Clippers. They'd probably have to do a sign and trade with Griffin to make it work but if they have that option I'd definitely do it.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
^ He would want to much $$ to come to here. And Reinsdorf & company won't pay it. Instead they give millions of $ to ineffective "Loozer" and probably Melo who doesn't have a defensive bone in his body.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yea, kind of forgot about Chicago. I'd imagine they'll make a play for him. Melo and Lebron will both command the max so Chicago and everyone interested in Melo will obviously try to seduce Lebron first.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Maybe he will "take his talent" to north of the border?

Probably not...I am wondering who can afford him though. Not everyone has cap space or willing to pay huge penalties.

Rockets might be a good fit for him. He would be playing with someone that has legit inside presence for the first time, no?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
There will be plenty of sign and trade offers I'd imagine for teams without the cap space. Maybe the Bulls are the only decent team with enough space to pursue him? If Lebron makes it clear he has no intention to resign with Miami they will want a sign and trade. Griffin and picks in LA or Harden and picks in Houston could be decent offers.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It would be great if for once since Jordan left da Bulls that the top free agent show a legitmate desire to play with Drose, Noah and Taj Gibson\Jimmy Butler, but I would be very surprised. John Paxton and Gar Forman are idiots of the 1st order and Jerry R is as cheap of a miser as Donald Sterling. Remember Jerry Reinsdorf once said to Jordan when he sign him to the 1st series of 30 million annual contracts, "Somehow, I got a feeling I might regret this decision". Remember he was the owner that let his GM Jerry Krause once tell Phil Jackson, Jordan and Pippen that organizations Win championships not players. There is a lot of negative vibes that still lingers about those incidents plus the treatment of the above mentioned coach and the two hall of fame players.. Realize that Boozer is the highest profile free agent that the Bulls have ever signed and they are slow to amesty that clown. If it is a way to to screw this up, Jerry , Pax and da Bulls will screw it up. Also, Tyson Chandler was an orginal Bulls draft pick, look at his carerr since he left da Bulls(those clowns still havent even tried to get him back) Btw.. Rumor has it that Drose is looking to push on as well.:clap

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Knicks trade Chandler for Jose Calderon from the Mavs. Calderon is the ultimate team player and has always one of the best assist to turnover ratios in the league. He'll fit right in. I am not sure about giving up size though, as far as KNicks are concerned. As they say, you cannot teach that.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Knicks don't need to worry about competing anytime soon even in the East. At this point they might as well worry about rebuilding and that means focusing on the next 2-3 drafts and clearing cap space.

For the Mavs I think it is a decent trade. I think Chandler can still contribute if he stays healthy (the big if) and they still have a window of a couple years to possibly contend though it seems unlikely to me. I think they might be looking at what happened in the playoffs this year (they gave SA the biggest challenge by far) and may think they are better than they actually are.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Embiid is an amazing player with a huge upside but that foot injury right before the draft is going to hurt him. Or maybe not. I think he will go 3. Cavs will probably take Wiggins and Bucks get Parker ...or vice versa...This is a crap shoot really. Good talent this year.