"Lebron, that letter from 4 years ago, didn't mean a word of it"

Your #1 fan,
Dan Gilbert

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
How many number 1 draft pick does Cavs have in their roster now? Madness.

I wonder, had Cavs knew, would they still pick Wiggins or would they trade him to fill another hole..

By the way, if they keep Wiggins, Bron is this the best thing that could happen to his development. He will learn from the best.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Sounds like Wiggins might be trade bait for Kevin Love. If Love goes to Cleveland you'd probably have to name them favorites to win it all.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I am surprised Bosh stayed in Miami. Rockets would have been a good fit for him, a team that has a true center.

The Heat r gonna replace LBJ with Deng:laydownlaughing

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It appears that Melo is staying in the big Apple, I knew he would nt turn down the big $ and plus an opportunity not to win a title

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Yep, pretty much shows what Melo's priorities are in a way. Great player but doesn't strike me as the ambitious, fierce competitor in the least.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Wizards get Pierce for 2 years. Really? Maybe one year but two? I don't see it. Of course there might be more to the story, long term. We'll see.

That's doesn't make sense unless they are looking for some veterans leadership

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Pierce seems ageless. If he signed for 2 years I guess he expects to play 2 more years. He never relied on athleticism that much so he has aged well. Certainly better than poor KG aged.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It's been almost 15 years since Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and PJ left da Bulls. What a joke that organization is, they should have amnesty Boozer, cut Dunlevly and dangle draft picks to get Melo. My thoughts were in February that the bulls organization wasn't going to land a top 5 player , well they didn't. Now cheap mizer Jerry R has his top free agent pick up EVER, a Boozer 4 life:laydownlaughing

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Crazy, can't help but think he is trying to make a "perfect Hollywood story" here.

But as I said, at this point you could put him on a team with high schoolers and they'd still be favorites to win the East. Though I suppose if Melo goes to Chicago and Rose comes back decent you might give them the edge over Cleveland. One things for sure, the teams out West just breathed a big sigh of relief. They had to worry about a team out there getting him and they also had to worry that he might somehow go to a decent East team making the task much harder in the Finals.

Darth, what the hell are you talking about?

Anyone who watched Cleveland at all this season can clearly see that they are far superior to what LeBron had around him in Miami. Frankly it's not even close. A Big 3 of LeBron, Irving, and Waiters is a true Big 3, unlike the mythical "Big 3" of LeBron, an injured Wade (who has to get 4 hours of therapy just to play a game because of a surgery while he was at Marquette), and Chris Bosh (one of the most overrated players in the NBA).

Cleveland is a team with great athleticism and a youthful spirit. Kyrie has a nasty handle, and Waiters is an all-around scorer. He is a boss.

LeBron has just joined a better team than the collection of stiffs and miniature role players he was just surrounded by. And for the first time in his career, he will be playing alongside a true point guard, who also happens to be an elite point guard.

Cleveland is a better team right now than Miami just was in the Finals, so they would be more of a threat to any Western Conference team. Put LeBron with Waiters and Irving out on the court, and they are more potent than the sorry Miami team that just made the Finals. Most casual fans don't realize this yet because they haven't seen Waiters enough to appreciate his ability.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Apparently Cavs might have a decent chance at Kevin Love. That would change things.

I only partially agree. Love is one of the most overrated players in the NBA, but he could be a helpful complement (in a BS way) to LeBron. Trading Waiters to get Love though would be a huge mistake.

Waiters is an excellent complement to LeBron - too good to give up.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey Darth - try telling me that anyone on Miami this year (including Wade) was this good. Please - be my guest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To0JIyG9UC0

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
It appears that Melo is staying in the big Apple, I knew he would nt turn down the big $ and plus an opportunity not to win a title

Stupid post.

Carmelo has a better chance of winning a title with a Knicks team that has the immense talent of Amare Stoudemire, JR Smith, Cleanthony Early, Tim Hardaway, Jr., and Shane Larkin, plus Phil Jackson as team president, than he does with Chicago, the worst offensive team in the NBA with the worst offensive coach in the NBA.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ Yep, pretty much shows what Melo's priorities are in a way. Great player but doesn't strike me as the ambitious, fierce competitor in the least.

And going to play for a Chicago team that can barely score 72 points with Rose out of the line-up would show fierce ambition and competitiveness?

Thibodeaux is an awful offensive coach and that Chicago roster is a joke offensively. That was not a better choice than New York, in terms of winning.

New York was just a 2-seed the season before last, and if they had gotten in with the 8-seed this year, they would have beaten Indiana in the first round (given how bad Indiana is and how bad they were playing at the time) and Washington in the second round. They would have made the Eastern Conference Finals.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
DarthFed said:
Crazy, can't help but think he is trying to make a "perfect Hollywood story" here.

But as I said, at this point you could put him on a team with high schoolers and they'd still be favorites to win the East. Though I suppose if Melo goes to Chicago and Rose comes back decent you might give them the edge over Cleveland. One things for sure, the teams out West just breathed a big sigh of relief. They had to worry about a team out there getting him and they also had to worry that he might somehow go to a decent East team making the task much harder in the Finals.

Darth, what the hell are you talking about?

Anyone who watched Cleveland at all this season can clearly see that they are far superior to what LeBron had around him in Miami. Frankly it's not even close. A Big 3 of LeBron, Irving, and Waiters is a true Big 3, unlike the mythical "Big 3" of LeBron, an injured Wade (who has to get 4 hours of therapy just to play a game because of a surgery while he was at Marquette), and Chris Bosh (one of the most overrated players in the NBA).

Cleveland is a team with great athleticism and a youthful spirit. Kyrie has a nasty handle, and Waiters is an all-around scorer. He is a boss.

LeBron has just joined a better team than the collection of stiffs and miniature role players he was just surrounded by. And for the first time in his career, he will be playing alongside a true point guard, who also happens to be an elite point guard.

Cleveland is a better team right now than Miami just was in the Finals, so they would be more of a threat to any Western Conference team. Put LeBron with Waiters and Irving out on the court, and they are more potent than the sorry Miami team that just made the Finals. Most casual fans don't realize this yet because they haven't seen Waiters enough to appreciate his ability.

:laydownlaughing

If the team was that good they wouldn't be picking #1 every fu**in year pal. This isn't rocket science. Irving is a talented but injury prone point guard and the rest of the team is not good RIGHT NOW and that's the issue. Also, Irving is a shoot first point guard so I'm not sure where you think he is a "true" point guard if you even know what the definition is.

This is a young and potentially good team if Wiggins pans out and others continue to grow but for the next year or 2 this will not be a good supporting cast unless Cleveland lands Love. If they get Love they are favorites to win it all IMO. Without him...they better hope SA gets knocked off and that's if they make the finals.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Stupid post.

Carmelo has a better chance of winning a title with a Knicks team that has the immense talent of Amare Stoudemire, JR Smith, Cleanthony Early, Tim Hardaway, Jr., and Shane Larkin, plus Phil Jackson as team president, than he does with Chicago, the worst offensive team in the NBA with the worst offensive coach in the NBA.

You'll see pigs flying and J.R. Smith win an MVP before you see the Knicks win a title with anything resembling that current roster. Amare is done and not even the Zenmaster is working magic in the Big Apple.

Chicago with Melo and anything resembling a decent Rose would have been the #2 favorites to win the East and they could possibly have beaten the Cleveland Lebrons.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Stupid post.

It's amazing how you say the most assine post EVER. U r a complete Idiot. The Knicks were and are still pathetic. How can u call my post stupid, u r as dumbfounded in basketball as you ever made a bigger moron of yourself who for.about 5 years talked about a washed up underachieving loser like Nalbadian now you talk about JR Smith. He isn't a top 50 player in the NBA and never will be. Dude I will get ban if I respond to your post like I want too. Every expert or columnist stated the Bulls was the best fit for Melo but it takes a non athletics Fool such as yourself to come up with these slightly less than retarded posts.