2014 NBA Draft/Free Agency

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
In DC, we are trying to sign our Polish Hammer a new contract.
We need him back badly, me thinks.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I like randle a lot too, I think he will be an above average player at the very least with potential to be a great player in the league. Very little bust potential there barring injury.

Agreed. I think the 76ers made a huge mistake by drafting Embiid over him, but consensus around the NBA was that Embiid was the better "prospect". Given the NBA's groupthink mentality, it was pretty much inevitable that the 76ers would take Embiid instead.

But Randle is the better, more talented, more gifted, more skilled basketball player and a far more natural scorer.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
calitennis127 said:
1972Murat said:
Curious as to who Lakers pick at 7. Picking Smart at 6th . was I think a good one for Celtics.

...and Lakers get Julius Randle. Strong lefty.

Best player in the draft in my opinion, along with Cleanthony Early.

Smart or Randle? They are both pretty solid.

Randle.

Smart is a unique physical specimen and also very talented, but I question his perimeter game and aspects of his mindset.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Lowry stays with the Raps, 4 years 48 mills. He played out of his mind last season (contract season!) and he deserves what he gets, but we will see how it will work out. Ujiri might still trade him because you never know what Ujiri is going to do.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently Bosh and Wade are unaware of Lebron's plans on whether to resign with the Heat or not. Lebron also wants max money which makes it even more unlikely he is staying with the Heat because they would have no money to bring in any serious help unless they'd let Wade and Bosh walk (not necessarily a bad idea). Other than that...Lakers are courting Melo and Thunder are making a pitch for Pau Gasol. That'd be a very good pickup for them if they get it.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Apparently Bosh and Wade are unaware of Lebron's plans on whether to resign with the Heat or not. Lebron also wants max money which makes it even more unlikely he is staying with the Heat because they would have no money to bring in any serious help unless they'd let Wade and Bosh walk (not necessarily a bad idea). Other than that...Lakers are courting Melo and Thunder are making a pitch for Pau Gasol. That'd be a very good pickup for them if they get it.

The Lakers need a point guard , I would take deron Williams in a heart beat if the nets let him walk like they did Kidd, I never felt that was a good marriage when they hired him as a coach..why are the Bucks so high on him

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Sounds like the owners are high on him. I am no fan of him personally but he was an awesome point guard, a true point guard as well (which you know I like), and I can see him being a good coach for a young, developing team. The problem is how long will it be before he wears out his welcome or makes crazy demands?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Cavs are saying they have 90% of a deal for Lebron in place.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I think he is crazy to go back. Not sure if it's trying to make it right with his hometown or if he is trying to come up with some Hollywood style story but there is a reason the Cavs have been drafting #1 so often the past 4 years. When Lebron opted out I figured it was with the intention of going to a decent team. But he is nothing if not unpredictable.

That said with the state of the Eastern Conference this would automatically make the Cavs the favorites out East. That's how much he matters and that's how bad the East is.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Cavs just cleared a lot of cap space yesterday so they have the room to sign him. At this point, I don't see anything happening that will cause this to fall through. He's meeting w/ Riley today, but I can't see Pat being able to match the Cavs $$.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Well that's not true. The Heat should be able to offer him more money than anyone else. I'd think he would leave Miami for a clearly better/younger team. The Cavs fit the latter but not the former and Lebron will likely be declining in another year or two so I'm surprised he'd want to go to a developing team.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ Well that's not true. The Heat should be able to offer him more money than anyone else. I'd think he would leave Miami for a clearly better/younger team. The Cavs fit the latter but not the former and Lebron will likely be declining in another year or two so I'm surprised he'd want to go to a developing team.

How can the Heat afford to give him the max and pay Bosh/Wade what they want as well?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
They can't, but the point is they can still give him all the $$$. If they were smart/unloyal they would get Lebron on board, maybe and I mean maybe keep Bosh at a discounted rate and let Wade walk. They'd then have space to chase after some other decent free agents. The Heat's problems are point guard, the weak bench, and poor rebounding/inside defense. An old hobbled Wade doesn't do much to fix that. But to be honest Miami and Cavs are not good supporting casts at all and don't figure to be in the next 2-3 years. If he went to a team like the Clips, Houston, Chicago, or even teams like Washington and Toronto, it'd be scary.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I don't see him staying in MIA if Wade/Bosh aren't there. This could all be a lot of smoke blowing. In the end, he may do what Melo is doing and stay where he is.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Whatever Lebron said to Bosh has made him look more into Houston apparently. That makes me think James is not going to stay in Miami. You think Melo is definitely staying in New York? Has there been any word on that? Last I heard he is also waiting for Lebron's decision to see how that might affect things.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ Whatever Lebron said to Bosh has made him look more into Houston apparently. That makes me think James is not going to stay in Miami. You think Melo is definitely staying in New York? Has there been any word on that? Last I heard he is also waiting for Lebron's decision to see how that might affect things.

Yesterday, it was announced it's between the Knicks & Bulls. But I think he will stay in NY because of LaLa.

Lebron has made his Cleveland return official.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Crazy, can't help but think he is trying to make a "perfect Hollywood story" here.

But as I said, at this point you could put him on a team with high schoolers and they'd still be favorites to win the East. Though I suppose if Melo goes to Chicago and Rose comes back decent you might give them the edge over Cleveland. One things for sure, the teams out West just breathed a big sigh of relief. They had to worry about a team out there getting him and they also had to worry that he might somehow go to a decent East team making the task much harder in the Finals.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently Cavs might have a decent chance at Kevin Love. That would change things.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Dan Gilbert really must have :heart: LBJ rear to get him to return.. I really didnt expect it occur. It would be a travesty :nonoif the Bulls cannot land Melo..:nono