2014 NBA Draft/Free Agency

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
If Wiggins is going anywhere it figures to be Minnesota. Minny has clearly played hardball with Cleveland and called their bluff that they wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love. It is probably a good trade for both teams.

Gibson and Butler would be two solid role players but I don't think Minny wants role players for Love and they know Cleveland is pretty desperate at this point to get that trade.

Gibson Butler and the sharp shooting 6-8 rookie from MIchigan State,I think that's a good swap for KLove..KLove is a good player with limitations, he is no Larry Legend

That's a trade they'll make as a last ditch effort to get something for Love so he doesn't walk for nothing

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Now I hear that Cleveland is offering Wiggins, a current player and draft picks, nobody can compete with Dan Gilbert, that smuck gets whatsoever he wants..

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Read special's thread titled "they are way out of line".

According to that Labron James had decided as early as March to go to Cleaveland
and the media was just creating drama projecting uncertaiity. Is that true? I am not
so much into basketball and so am asking?

The evidence cited are

a. Labron put his house in Miam on sale in March itself.
b. There was some twitter announcement by his wife about going home.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The tweet from Lebron's wife was after the NBA finals and it was in regards to the family taking a vacation to Akron, Ohio where they are from.

As for putting his house on sale...yes, in retrospect that seems like it may have signaled he wasn't coming back to Miami. It's a moot point but I wonder if he would have made the same decision if the Heat won this recent finals. Instead they got trashed and once he opted out you knew he was gone.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Now I hear that Cleveland is offering Wiggins, a current player and draft picks, nobody can compete with Dan Gilbert, that smuck gets whatsoever he wants..

That sounds like a lot to give up. But Minny is in a good place to get the most out of a trade because you have two contenders (Cleveland and Golden State) that want Love badly so they can sit back and trade him to the highest bidder. Cleveland seems more willing to potentially overbid for him to appease Lebron.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
The tweet from Lebron's wife was after the NBA finals and it was in regards to the family taking a vacation to Akron, Ohio where they are from.

As for putting his house on sale...yes, in retrospect that seems like it may have signaled he wasn't coming back to Miami. It's a moot point but I wonder if he would have made the same decision if the Heat won this recent finals. Instead they got trashed and once he opted out you knew he was gone.

Actually, if he had already decided, as the placing his house on sale as early as March indicates,
the word would have surely gotten out to his team mates and that might have reduced the
morale of the team and might have led to the loss.

p.s. Some folks claim the tweet refers to moving back and the vacation story is just an
explanation to cover up the real intentions.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ There's no way he would have told the team in the middle of the year that he would be gone. That would naturally be a detriment to the team. If Lebron had already decided he would've kept it to himself until after the year. Lebron, Wade and Bosh all met with each after the NBA finals and it led to Wade and Bosh opting out (Lebron had already opted out).

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
All of this fuss over a guy who has just two more rings than all of us..I guess the Spurs dismantling of the Heat didn't show us that One man can't win a championship all by himself.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well he won the ring by himself last year more or less. Having Lebron on your team is at least a 20-25 game difference as the Heat and Cavs will find out. And a team automatically goes from contender to nothing if you're the Heat or from garbage to a contender if you're the Cavs. I'd say the fuss is well worth it. Lebron has 2 rings at age 29 same as Jordan. The only question at the end of his career is where he ranks between 2-5 all time IMO.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Well he won the ring by himself last year more or less. Having Lebron on your team is at least a 20-25 game difference as the Heat and Cavs will find out. And a team automatically goes from contender to nothing if you're the Heat or from garbage to a contender if you're the Cavs. I'd say the fuss is well worth it. Lebron has 2 rings at age 29 same as Jordan. The only question at the end of his career is where he ranks between 2-5 all time IMO.

Nope, he didn't win the Ring by himself, that is a lot further from the truth. If "Jesus" Sutterswofth (Ray Allen) plus the combination of a incredible dumbfounded coaching blunder by Coach Popavich that allows absolutely brilliant rebound and pass to the named open shooter, this would be a one ring king. Sure , LBJ had a great game 7 but the Spurs were mental midgets by that time. The first ring the argument that Dwade could have been championship series mvp. Your comparison to MJ is also far off, MJ came into the league at age 21-22,.while LBJ started at 19.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
There was no argument either year who the Finals MVP was.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2012_finals.html

Ray's shot saved the Heat but that was one shot bro. That was mostly a one man wrecking crew all playoffs last year. The bottom line is "only" 2 rings at 29 isn't that bad. He will likely have 4+ when all is said and done and with the stats and other accolades that puts him top 2-5 IMO. MJ obviously is and will remain greater, but he will be in a group with Kareem, Russell, Wilt and Magic.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Someone who can put contenders over the top or so they hope. I have a tough time seeing Cleveland winning a ring next year with their current roster. They'd probably win the East but whoever emerges from the West takes care of them. Having Love could change that. For Golden State they are trying to take the next step and a big force inside (all due respect to David Lee and the eternally fragile Bogut) could put them as a serious contender in the West.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
the AntiPusher said:
Lance is No Body.. Darth, what's your thought about Pau Gasol going to the Bulls. I think on paper its looks like an upgrade but it really depends on Drose and how much of a bench the Bulls can develop this season. I dont understand why the Bulls waited until this week to ammesty Boozer if they really wanted Melo. Man, I just dont like that organization.(My peeps tell me that Drose may walk in 2 years unless things changes there).

AP, I am wondering why you think Lance is a nobody. Putting aside issues unrelated to basketball, the guy was second this year in voting for most improved player. He had the most triple doubles this season, which tells a lot about a player's dedication...I mean willing to rebound the ball, willing to share it in addition to scoring. Bird always said he was a great talent and obviously Jordan agrees.

Not too shabby for a second round pick, no?:huh:

Hey Muhat, Stephen A and Skip agreed with you that loosing Lance is going to cripple the Pacers.. Again.. I stand corrected(not too any posters will admit that they are wrong)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Skip agreeing with Murat might be a bad sign :)

I think the Pacers will clearly take a step back without Lance. I still think they'll be top 3 (record-wise) in the East by default. The Wiz or Raps could make a move next year too though. The latter was a 3 seed last year though not a real force yet.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Skip agreeing with Murat might be a bad sign :)

I think the Pacers will clearly take a step back without Lance. I still think they'll be top 3 (record-wise) in the East by default. The Wiz or Raps could make a move next year too though. The latter was a 3 seed last year though not a real force yet.

I agree with you about Skip Howeve ,, he was correct saying that Larry legend was a bit careless as a GM..He should have kept Lance

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I agree. The Hornets got him cheap too, if Indy could get him for 3 years/21 million that is perfect. Not too long of a contract if he turns out to be more trouble than he's worth and definitely not that much money for the potential positives he can bring.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
the AntiPusher said:
1972Murat said:
the AntiPusher said:
Lance is No Body.. Darth, what's your thought about Pau Gasol going to the Bulls. I think on paper its looks like an upgrade but it really depends on Drose and how much of a bench the Bulls can develop this season. I dont understand why the Bulls waited until this week to ammesty Boozer if they really wanted Melo. Man, I just dont like that organization.(My peeps tell me that Drose may walk in 2 years unless things changes there).

AP, I am wondering why you think Lance is a nobody. Putting aside issues unrelated to basketball, the guy was second this year in voting for most improved player. He had the most triple doubles this season, which tells a lot about a player's dedication...I mean willing to rebound the ball, willing to share it in addition to scoring. Bird always said he was a great talent and obviously Jordan agrees.

Not too shabby for a second round pick, no?:huh:

Hey Muhat, Stephen A and Skip agreed with you that loosing Lance is going to cripple the Pacers.. Again.. I stand corrected(not too any posters will admit that they are wrong)

No worries bro...and you might be right in that he might turn out to be not much of a player...you know, like, when you listen to the ads of financial companies, they go something like " Past performance is not an indicator of future success" or whatever...

But the guy is young, 23 years old. I think Bird let him go too easy.:nono

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
If Wiggins is going anywhere it figures to be Minnesota. Minny has clearly played hardball with Cleveland and called their bluff that they wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love. It is probably a good trade for both teams.

Gibson and Butler would be two solid role players but I don't think Minny wants role players for Love and they know Cleveland is pretty desperate at this point to get that trade.

Gibson Butler and the sharp shooting 6-8 rookie from MIchigan State,I think that's a good swap for KLove..KLove is a good player with limitations, he is no Larry Legend

That's a trade they'll make as a last ditch effort to get something for Love so he doesn't walk for nothing

Now.. ESPN is reporting the Bulls are in play for the rights to Love with what I proposed a last week..

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I saw that. Good call Mr. AP!

I still say that they'd be foolish to make that trade vs. what Cleveland is proposing. Gibson and Butler aren't stars and won't be stars. Wiggins could become one...