2014 NBA Draft/Free Agency

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ I saw that. Good call Mr. AP!

I still say that they'd be foolish to make that trade vs. what Cleveland is proposing. Gibson and Butler aren't stars and won't be stars. Wiggins could become one...

I would rather have Wiggins and his upside.. Still baffles me why the Bulls didnt ammesty Boozer earlier before they made the pitch to Melo. I think Phil must have guranteed that he can deliver CP3 or another big name free agent next yer.. not a good move career wise by him.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Melo wants the money and the ball. I like him but staying in New York kind of shows where his heart is at. Would be different if he was 25 but at age 30 if he wants to be a big contributor on a contender it'd have to be in the next few years. That's not happening in New York.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Melo wants the money and the ball. I like him but staying in New York at kind of shows where his heart is at. Would be different if he was 25 but at age 30 if he wants to be a big contributor on a contender it'd have to be in the next few years. That's not happening in New York.

Melo is destined to be present day Dominic Wilkins..

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Decent comparison. Both are/were great scorers but little else and neither sniffed a ring. Awesome players to watch though. Dominique is a HOF'er and Melo will be as well.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
The Bulls aren't savy or smart enough to land Kevin Love..
:approved:
They aren't savvy enough to get anybody of real value. Look at all the boneheaded picks/trades they've made over the years (Tyrus Thomas, Loozer. Now they have an aging Pau Gasol. His brother would have been a better pickup). And when they actually had someone of potential, they give them away (Aldredge and Tyson Chandler come to mind).

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
:approved:
They aren't savvy enough to get anybody of real value. Look at all the boneheaded picks/trades they've made over the years (Tyrus Thomas, Loozer. Now they have an aging Pau Gasol. His brother would have been a better pickup). And when they actually had someone of potential, they give them away (Aldredge and Tyson Chandler come to mind).

Preach my sista, Preach:angel:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:

And they don't have enough value either. It'd have to be something like Gibson, Butler and 3 1st round picks for them to want that over Wiggins, Bennett, and a first rounder.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:

And they don't have enough value either. It'd have to be something like Gibson, Butler and 3 1st round picks for them to want that over Wiggins, Bennett, and a first rounder.

Now I am hearing that Kevin love is saying he wil not sign a long term deal with any team other than Cleveland. In essence, Kevin love is going to be sign to a contrract deal with Cleveland next July. No team is going to rent that guy for a year and give up so much.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Watching some footage of Team USA in Vegas training camp on NBA tv and I am extremely happy to see D Rose looking really strong.

Agreed. Bravo. It appears that Drose has his hops back.. Great to see him back in the mix.. the young man has been through a lot the past 3 years

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes it would be great if he comes back strong and stays that way. Even before the injury last year it was not the same D Rose as before so I'm skeptical. Hope he helps lead Team USA to slaughter the lesser teams at World Championships. Decent way to come back, probably only play 20-25 minutes/game.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Yes it would be great if he comes back strong and stays that way. Even before the injury last year it was not the same D Rose as before so I'm skeptical. Hope he helps lead Team USA to slaughter the lesser teams at World Championships. Decent way to come back, probably only play 20-25 minutes/game.

That team is very heavyly guard loaded, I am sure Coach K has been told by the Bulls management and Drose's family management team not to play Drose more than 10-15 mins a game.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Have they made the final cuts yet? I'm interested to see what the team ends up being.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ Have they made the final cuts yet? I'm interested to see what the team ends up being.

Well, Paul George will not make the team.. He suffered a devastating lower leg fracture at the beginning of the 4th quarter.. I wouldnt advise anyone to watch the reply.. I hope that the Bulls seriously pull Drose out of this USA competition ..Yes,, that injury can happen anywhere but Drose doesnt needs to participate in non NBA season activites.. As for Indy, Bird is looking like an idiot for not resigning Lance.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
^Too late...Damn that is a bad break...So much like the Garbajosa injury that I saw live. Trying to block a dunk/layup...

These guys are big and when they run fast, they always hit the base of the basket. How bout moving it 2-3 feet back?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
That might be the worst one I've seen yet. Hopefully he can recover but that's just too bad :(

A freak play but maybe what Murat said should be considered.

Also, I'd say this is a good time to revisit whether or not the US should be sending NBA stars for the international competition. From my recollection this is the first time there has been a serious injury while competing in the World Championships or Olympics but this should drive home the point. The NBA and a chance at an NBA championship is much more important. These guys have little to gain and much to lose. I'd like 2016 to be the last time they're sending the NBA superstars. Either send college all stars or guys from NBA D-league.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
That might be the worst one I've seen yet. Hopefully he can recover but that's just too bad :(

A freak play but maybe what Murat said should be considered.

Also, I'd say this is a good time to revisit whether or not the US should be sending NBA stars for the international competition. From my recollection this is the first time there has been a serious injury while competing in the World Championships or Olympics but this should drive home the point. The NBA and a chance at an NBA championship is much more important. These guys have little to gain and much to lose. I'd like 2016 to be the last time they're sending the NBA superstars. Either send college all stars or guys from NBA D-league.

Agreed.. Very good talent in the D league that could easily get the JOB done against World competition