• Poll closed .

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
world-cup-tournament-bracket.jpg

Last 4 teams standing.
Argentina vs. Holland
Germany vs. Brazil

Strange enough, Argentina, Germany and Brazil are favored more than the Dutch to win it! The Dutch made the finals last time.

As for our office pool, out of 25 total people competing, only 2 are 12-12 after the quarters, there are 4 more matches left.
Yours truly went 9-12 but I do have all the semifinalists right!

I am sticking to Argentina to win it all.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't like this inferior long-ball Brazil team, but I prefer them to Germany.

Any permutation of the four teams is guaranteed to be interesting. Messi has been influential for Argentina and I think he's going to be the key against Holland.

Let's hope for two great semis, and see where we are afterwards...

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
I don't like this inferior long-ball Brazil team, but I prefer them to Germany.

Any permutation of the four teams is guaranteed to be interesting. Messi has been influential for Argentina and I think he's going to be the key against Holland.

Let's hope for two great semis, and see where we are afterwards...

Yeah what I want to see is some great football at the end. If we get some great matches to finish it off, then we will forget most of the boring matches taken place in the knockout phases earlier

Brazil will be weak here without their best striker and their best defender for this match. It is a real uphill task for them

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Brazil are weak anyway, but Neymar has been up for it in every match, and he;s going to be missed. Hulk and Fred will need to get stuck in. I know. I know! Fred. UnBrazilian name, unBrazilian footballer.

Still, Hulk showed signs of getting angry in the last couple of games.

Realistically, the Germans should beat them handily, but it's a huge match, in Brazil. There's massive pressure always on Brazil, but I expect them to play a bit better than they have, maybe even because Neymar is missing...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
Brazil are weak anyway, but Neymar has been up for it in every match, and he;s going to be missed. Hulk and Fred will need to get stuck in. I know. I know! Fred. UnBrazilian name, unBrazilian footballer.

Still, Hulk showed signs of getting angry in the last couple of games.

Realistically, the Germans should beat them handily, but it's a huge match, in Brazil. There's massive pressure always on Brazil, but I expect them to play a bit better than they have, maybe even because Neymar is missing...

They're an emotional squad. Either they embrace this, and play for Neymar, or they go down. The Germans won't be intimidated by the home crowd.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
1. Brazil has no chance against Germany. The end of the road has come for the host
nation. I thought they were not all that impressive even before the two critical
pieces of news came. Neymar out due to injury and the captain Thiemo out due to
yellow card.

2. While many may not agree with me, I believe Netherlands will win against Argentina.
Messi is my favorite as an individual player; However, I don't think he alone
can deliver victory to Argentina.

We will have a final between two European countries, even though WC is being held in SA.

Germany will win it all.

Argentina will win the 3rd place by beating Brazil.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
"No chance" is a bit strong, but I'd have Germany as favourites. It's still a home tie for Brazil, and they're unbeaten at home in competitive matches for 39 years, which is incredible. So they won't go down easily, but missing two of their stronger players - and keeping so many mediocre ones - is going to be hard to overcome.

Set against this, they've had the Twelfth Man in all their matches, blowing whistles in their favour and protecting them from the worst of it, so that might be decisive.

I hope Argentina win, if only to get that dirty cheating bass turd Robben out of contention, but the Netherlands look stronger all round the park. But they won't have the kung fu fighter de Jong to try cripple Messi, so that's a plus. I think they'll go through to face Germany, which might put me in a similar position to the one I was in with the Wimbledon final: hoping they both lose... :laydownlaughing

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's almost scary. Not the Germans - the Brazilians. They're that bad...

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kiu said:
I have never seen anything like this.
Brazil is being embarrassed.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I have never seen that many goals scored so quickly in such a huge match, perhaps any match. That it is Brazil on the receiving end of this makes it almost other worldly. This is a German blitzkrieg on the pitch.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good grief....what a match...for the tennis fans,its basically like Kvitova v Bouchard at Wimbledon final.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
Good grief....what a match...for the tennis fans,its basically like Kvitova v Bouchard at Wimbledon final.

I picked Germany for the title but this is shocking...

Can imagine riots all over Brazil after this.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
fashionista said:

I picked Germany for the title but this is shocking...

Can imagine riots all over Brazil after this.

Great minds,I also picked Germany for the title....agree this is just woeful from Brazil.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:

It is actually much worse and more shocking. You may never see such a dynasty dismembered like this again. We are talking the Brazilians--and in their home country!!! It is unbelievable!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, that's it, Shawn, the home of the Beautiful Game. Garrincha, Gerson, Tostao, Zico, Socrates. The genius of Brazilian football, snuffed out humiliatingly.

There's gonna be trouble after this. 7-0! :nono

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I cant believe what I am watching....Germans are merciless....this has been a Mauling

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Could have been 10-1 , thats the scary part. One of the worst brazilian sides ever. Really missed Thiago Silva today