2014 NFL Season - Predictions

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well the best time of year is finally here. Season starts on Thursday with a boom - Green Bay @ Seattle.

What are some of the predictions this year? (I will start the Pick'em game in a separate thread).

In the AFC it's tough not to see Denver as the overwhelming favorite. And I've learned you can never discount New England but I think Indy might emerge as the biggest threat to Denver this year. Tough to see any other teams really rise up in the AFC this year though there are always some surprises.

In the NFC I think there are 4 legit threats, obviously Seattle, then you have SF, GB, and New Orleans. I do think New Orleans is on the outside looking in but if they get on a roll and somehow get the #2 or #1 they obviously have a good chance. As long as Rodgers is healthy all year GB should be near the top of the standings. San Fran will have a chip on their shoulders but no Bowman and no Aldon Smith for the first half of the year and Gore finally showed signs of age the last half of 2013.

I'm going with GB vs. Denver with GB winning (yeah I'm a bit of a homer but the league the past 10 + years has shown how hard it is to repeat). Seattle has lost a few guys and if GB can land 1 of the top 2 seeds I think they get it done this year.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
I'll go with the 49ers to narrowly beat the Patriots in a classic Super Bowl. I also look phor the Cardinals to make some serious noise. The Pats to depheat the Broncos in the A Eph C Championship and the Niners to depheat the Cardinals in the N Epf C Championship.

Hoping the Seahawks can repeat, though.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
My one prediction is the Seahawks will not repeat.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The next football player to be suspended will be a 49er is my prediction

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Way to go out on a limb. But you said it right after they found out Welker did some Molly at the Kentucky Derby. Talk about bizarre.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ Way to go out on a limb. But you said it right after they found out Welker did some Molly at the Kentucky Derby. Talk about bizarre.

Yep..BTW., what the heck is Molly ,, some type of upper? Wes needs to retire before he starts experiencing chronic concussions sympthoms

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It's supposedly similar to ecstasy AP.