WTA News and Gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It´s good to see the payers together worried about Suhai situation but I hope another entities get involved too, President Biden has some words already, China has to give some explanation ......

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good to see - AO with spectators to all the matches

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Further news regarding Peng Shuai,

WTA says there will be no events in China next year without proof that missing tennis star Peng Shuai is safe.Global Athlete- a body which represents the interests of competitors has criticised the IOC for 'staying slient'.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Further news regarding Peng Shuai,

WTA says there will be no events in China next year without proof that missing tennis star Peng Shuai is safe.Global Athlete- a body which represents the interests of competitors has criticised the IOC for 'staying slient'.
Okay ..I will be looking forward to going to the Chi for some live tournament playing..I assume Kamau Murray and Co are all Over this...

One day the people are going to have to revolt against that communist government or whatever they are .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay ..I will be looking forward to going to the Chi for some live tournament playing..I assume Kamau Murray and Co are all Over this...

One day the people are going to have to revolt against that communist government or whatever they are .
The longer this goes on,the more I fear for Peng Shuai

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tennis is back at Adelaide Memorial Drive for 2022,

1st event WTA500 January 2nd - January 9th January
2nd event WTA500 January 9th - January 15th January.

• Love
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Venus Williams,Martina Hingis,Simona Halep are some of the players coming to South Africa to play in the Africa Cares Tennis Tournament taking place on the 18th and 19th of December,2021.The event aims to not only promote tennis in South Africa but will be used as a vehicle in the fight against Gender Based Violence.

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Venus Williams,Martina Hingis,Simona Halep are some of the players coming to South Africa to play in the Africa Cares Tennis Tournament taking place on the 18th and 19th of December,2021.The event aims to not only promote tennis in South Africa but will be used as a vehicle in the fight against Gender Based Violence.
Awesome

Reactions: Ellentonboy

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
That is incredible. Right before Christmas these ladies are taking time out of their holiday schedule and flying to South Africa to play an exhibitionism. That is very classy.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Due to ongoing challenges created by the pandemic,it has been decided that Brisbane will not host any of the Australian Open lead events in 2022.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Confirmation of tournaments in Australia in 2022,

Sydney Tennis Classic WTA500 January 9th - January 15th.

Melbourne Park from January 3rd - 9th January
2 WTA250 tournaments.

Australian Qualifying Melbourne Park 10th January - 14th January.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Is Serena practicing or anything on the tennis courts? If she going to use the same ole routine as she has the past 4 years her results may be similar.

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
So I guess by now most posters have heard Hsieh/Mertens have split. I wonder who dropped who? Mertens probably wants to concentrate on singles but she does have a new partner, I believe Kudermetova, but who Hsieh will pair with I have not heard. Anyone know? I was joking she would try and pull Hingis out of retirement yet again, because neither of those two ladies will play with a losing partner. Or one of the Chan sisters? No, not possible considering their past. Any news is welcome folks!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
So I guess by now most posters have heard Hsieh/Mertens have split. I wonder who dropped who? Mertens probably wants to concentrate on singles but she does have a new partner, I believe Kudermetova, but who Hsieh will pair with I have not heard. Anyone know? I was joking she would try and pull Hingis out of retirement yet again, because neither of those two ladies will play with a losing partner. Or one of the Chan sisters? No, not possible considering their past. Any news is welcome folks!
Funny you mentioned Hingis...my little Swiss Miss was by far the best doubles player in the world at her first prime, she dropped Jana N because she said she was too old .I think she paired herself with Anna Kounikova for a few years. ( My LORD a guy only dream of life on the road with those two )..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Is Serena practicing or anything on the tennis courts? If she going to use the same ole routine as she has the past 4 years her results may be similar.
Well I know she intends to play at the AO in 2022,I would imagine she is practicing,to date I have not seen any video's.I do not know what pre- tournaments she intends to play before the AO.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

The only recent news I have read on Hsieh,she visited Prague recently with her boyfriend,and visited former doubles partner Babora Strycova and met her infant son Vincent.No mentioned of Hsieh new doubles partner as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.