NFL 2016-2017

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
A bunch of qb's have been outperforming him. Even after last night he is just 12th in qb rating. His Td's to interception ratio (27-7) is still very good but the completion % (15th in the league) and yards per attempt (25th in the league) are both poor. The team around him hasn't been good in many years, the difference between this being the annual underachieving playoff team instead of this debacle of a season is that he isn't anywhere near as good as he used to be. He's played well in 5 or maybe 6 games this year so far.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Looks like Gronk is out for the rest of the season. Got to be a big dent to Pats hopes. Still hoping for a Giants-Pats SB :D

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Definitely levels the playing field in the AFC quite a bit. Not to take away from Brady but he is not the same when Gronk goes down. Gronk is the biggest matchup nightmare in the NFL at this point, just having him out there is huge even if he is not 100%. I'd take a Giants vs. anyone but the fucking Pats Super Bowl :lightning:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dallas notched up another win... Seahawks are welcoming back a couple of O-Lineman back after injury this weekend. I still think Seattle may be tough in the playoffs as they get players back from injury... their defense is still pretty good.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Agreed. Dallas is not a shoe-in to the Super Bowl by any stretch especially given lack of experience. Their defense is still pretty shaky IMO but their offense is outstanding and with that running game they often win time of possession by a lot. I will say that it is hard to see past Dallas or Seattle representing the NFC. The Giants are always dangerous, and we've seen them make two improbable SB runs but I still would not expect it this year by any means.

I guess for the AFC I would like to see BB's team (Raiders) or Billie's team (Chiefs) make it. The AFC has been all Pats with a little bit of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Denver and Indy (when those teams had Manning) sprinkled in the past 15 years. It'd be nice to see some new blood.

Reactions: Billie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yup. I'll concede the Giants aren't convincing. If we beat the Steelers this weekend, my level of confidence will rise. Eli in January is fkg lethal!!!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
btw.. I think Skip and Shannon Sharpe put on a better show that the guys on ESPN first take. More entertaining. I find Stephen A Smith a bit hysterical sometimes

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless are both major clowns. Annoying and over the top. I always liked Shannon Sharpe, both as a player and commentator. He's no nonsense.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes agreed. Funnily enough I like Shannon on the show, and I also quite like Max Kellerman on the ESPN show. But then I'm a huge boxing fan

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The Detroit kitty cats keep on winning. GB needed them to lose yesterday because now it seems the Packers truly will have to win out to get the division. Detroit does have @ Giants and @ Cowboys after they get to munch on the Bears next week but I think they can take one of those road games in large part due to Dallas likely having the #1 spot wrapped up by week 16. If Detroit wins one of them (and overall 2 of the next 3) that means GB needs to win the next three games in order to make the week 17 game a matchup for the division. And GB has Seattle at home next week which they will probably lose. Rodgers has finally played pretty well these past few weeks but Seattle is going to cause issues on both sides of the ball. If GB finishes 9-7 they still may have an outside chance at a wildcard but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The only redeeming thing about this weekend for me was that Washington lost. But that's not enough to secure a wild card spot. I'm not optimistic about the game against the Cowboys but it's an NFC East game so anything can happen

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I will be rooting hard for the Giants this week because if they win then it is likely Dallas will have something to play for in week 16.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OAKLAND at KANSAS CITY

Huge Thursday night match at Arrowhead. Might go a long way to determining who takes the AFC West.

Raiders coming in at 10-2, Kansas at 9-3. Kansas beat Oakland at the Coliseum earlier in the season.

Biggest game for me since the Raiders last made the playoffs!

Still, I think Kansas City will take this by 7.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I actually think Oakland takes it. I'm pretty impressed the last two weeks that they won those games against teams fighting for their playoff lives. Last week they rallied from down 15 and won big. They are trending up, while the Chiefs have gotten lucky as all hell the past two weeks. Either way it should be a tight game. The winner probably takes the division.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I actually think Oakland takes it. I'm pretty impressed the last two weeks that they won those games against teams fighting for their playoff lives. Last week they rallied from down 15 and won big. They are trending up, while the Chiefs have gotten lucky as all hell the past two weeks. Either way it should be a tight game. The winner probably takes the division.

I hope you're right... Chiefs defense bothers me... I'm taking a pessimistic approach to the game so I don't feel so shit if it happens I think. This is the biggest game for a Raiders fan in 14 years...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I hear you, it is a huge one. This is still a huge season for Oakland even if they don't win the division as they are going to the playoffs for sure and are on the rise. A couple more guys on defense and this team is even more scary.

I will only allow myself to get excited about the Packers possibly making the playoffs if they win this Sunday. If they somehow worm their way into the playoffs they suddenly become dangerous due to momentum.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shit performance from the Raiders... Carr and the receivers looked like it was the first time they'd set eyes on each other.... Carr's worst performance of the season by far. Chiefs played well. Deserved it. Now top the AFC West and will win any tiebreaker with the Raiders.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
britbox Other Sports 224
DarthFed Other Sports 116