NFL 2016-2017

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Harbaugh is one of those coaches that clearly makes a big difference anywhere he goes. Michigan was struggling for 5+ years compared to their usual standard. And he goes there and they are immediately great. The guy is a difficult asshole but I'd love him coaching my team any day of the week. It's a pipe dream but obviously I'd be pumped if we send McNugget out of town after this horrid season and then somehow pry Harbaugh away.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Damn that Jerry Jones! As a Giants fan I loathe the Cowboys, but the way he's been equivocating about Dak has made me root for him. Anyway it's 2 more games before the visit us. Hopefully the lose one, and if we win our two very winnable games then the NFC East is still a possibility for us. To be honest I wouldn't even mind that much if we went through on a wildcard, although I'm a bit scared of the Seahawks. It would be just poetic to get another Giants vs Patriots match up in the superbowl. Eli seems to be toxic to Tom Brady in finals :D

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Raiders improve to 8-2... not overly impressive but get the job done. The AFC West is shaping up to be a dog fight going down the final fairway.. Oakland, Kansas and Denver... even the Chargers aren't a bad team.

Green Bay look a busted flush @Twisted... no playoffs this year buddy.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
If it gets rid of the three stooges (Ted Thompson (general manager) Mike McCarthy (coach) and Dom Capers (defensive coordinator) I'm all for it. This team might lose out, even when Rodgers plays well this year like Sunday (which has been rare) they still get decked. Not making the playoffs is pretty pathetic, even though I figured they wouldn't do as well as the experts were saying I never pictured they wouldn't even make the frickin playoffs at the start of the year. For any decent franchise the playoffs are a given every year. Time to clean house and get rid of the retards running things.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If it gets rid of the three stooges (Ted Thompson (general manager) Mike McCarthy (coach) and Dom Capers (defensive coordinator) I'm all for it. This team might lose out, even when Rodgers plays well this year like Sunday (which has been rare) they still get decked. Not making the playoffs is pretty pathetic, even though I figured they wouldn't do as well as the experts were saying I never pictured they wouldn't even make the frickin playoffs at the start of the year. For any decent franchise the playoffs are a given every year. Time to clean house and get rid of the retards running things.

What are your thoughts on the Raiders this year?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
They are doing very well. They may make some noise in the playoffs if they hold onto win the division which also figures to give them the #2 seed. But I think the defense will hold them back from being true contenders to win it all this year.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They are doing very well. They may make some noise in the playoffs if they hold onto win the division which also figures to give them the #2 seed. But I think the defense will hold them back from being true contenders to win it all this year.

Right now they are the #1 seed in the AFC as it stands... but I'm with you on your thoughts... although I have to say the defense is getting better - big improvement from the secondary in recent weeks. I was hoping for a wildcard at the beginning of the season, so what's transpired has been way beyond what I was expecting... One thing I do like, is that the offense are spreading the love - Carr is clutch and a megastar in the making, but with the other players - different players are making critical plays to win games each week. They are finding different ways to win each week... but the bottom line is that they keep winning.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

The Pats defence isn't stellar either is it? I'm not saying that the Raiders could beat them, just saying they're not invulnerable. Ravens are probably a more serious threat

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah I was actually thinking after I wrote that that the Raiders might be #1 seed right now. Either way I do not expect that to last as they play the Chiefs and Broncos on the road still. Winning the division is still doable and that'd be a huge step for them.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The Pats defence isn't stellar either is it? I'm not saying that the Raiders could beat them, just saying they're not invulnerable. Ravens are probably a more serious threat

Pat's defense is quite a bit better than the Raider's D. Also I don't think the Ravens are any kind of a threat this year, they are currently 5-5 and fighting with the Steelers for that division. I think it's actually a fully healthy Steelers team that would be the biggest threat to the Evil Empire this year in the AFC.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Pat's defense is quite a bit better than the Raider's D. Also I don't think the Ravens are any kind of a threat this year, they are currently 5-5 and fighting with the Steelers for that division. I think it's actually a fully healthy Steelers team that would be the biggest threat to the Evil Empire this year in the AFC.

Oh I'm not disagreeing. I was just making the point that I think... and this is in the context of any given Sunday... the Ravens could conceivably mount a bigger challenge than the Raiders. Just because what they're good at is more likely to cause the Pats problems

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah I was actually thinking after I wrote that that the Raiders might be #1 seed right now. Either way I do not expect that to last as they play the Chiefs and Broncos on the road still. Winning the division is still doable and that'd be a huge step for them.

Kind of agree... I still think we'll get usurped for the division title, although having said that, we're 5-0 on the road (6-0 if you count the Mexico home game)... but it's something like 15 years since we made the playoffs, so I forget... but let's assume the Raiders finish 11-5, win a wildcard and play a divisional winner who were 10-6... who get's home field advantage? The Division winner or the wildcard with the better record?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The division winner always gets HFA over the wildcard regardless of record. In this case that wouldn't happen anyways because whoever wins the AFC West is almost certainly getting a top 2 seed. Raiders have been road warriors but their schedule is tough to end the year, they play all three division foes on the road and their home games are all against fairly dangerous teams that are in desperation mode for trying to make the playoffs.

Reactions: britbox

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh I'm not disagreeing. I was just making the point that I think... and this is in the context of any given Sunday... the Ravens could conceivably mount a bigger challenge than the Raiders. Just because what they're good at is more likely to cause the Pats problems

It's possible, mainly that Baltimore's defense could give the Pats more problems and they have a lot more playoff experience than Oakland. Also there is history there, the Ravens always seem to give the Pats problems in the playoffs. I think it is 2-2 over the past 7-8 years and the Pats could easily be 0-4 vs. them.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Lions do it again. Matt Stafford is pretty decent actually

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Redskins always seem to get away with what looks like pass interference to me! Don't get me wrong, I hope these teams both lose. But they did the same stuff to OBJ, very annoying!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Nice win for Oakland. I caught some of it and figured it'd be a tough one despite Carolina's record. That was the Panthers last gasp so I figured they'd come out fighting. Oakland definitely would've preferred Denver beating KC though. The division may come down to that game.

Nice to see the Packers show up, almost certainly too little too late. First time in over a year Rodgers has had 2 good games back to back. I'm not expecting a third.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Nice win for Oakland. I caught some of it and figured it'd be a tough one despite Carolina's record. That was the Panthers last gasp so I figured they'd come out fighting. Oakland definitely would've preferred Denver beating KC though. The division may come down to that game.

Nice to see the Packers show up, almost certainly too little too late. First time in over a year Rodgers has had 2 good games back to back. I'm not expecting a third.

Aren't you being a bit harsh on Rodgers? That team around him isn't good. Even before this game, only a few QBs were outperforming him right?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
britbox Other Sports 224
DarthFed Other Sports 116