NFL 2016-2017

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I hate to be right about Rodgers but I think I am. He looks washed up. I still think he is very skilled but he has lost a lot of accuracy and I don't think the arm is quite as strong. Most of his best plays are being made with his feet. There might be a mental aspect to it too where he's lost confidence but right now he isn't even an elite Qb or close to it. I still hope like hell he breaks up with Olivia Munn and maybe that helps, we know in tennis that athletes respond very differently to serious relationships. He also used to play with a big chip on his shoulder and would be at his best if he felt slighted or was ticked off with himself over having a bad game, etc. Unfortunately he is not receiving any criticism from the papers here or commentators across the country. It's like he is just going through the motions and people who haven't watched closely are still calling him the best qb in the league.

The Packers defense isn't great but the sad thing is it was decent enough last year and likely this year that if Rodgers was still Rodgers we'd be talking about a serious SB contender.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^woah there! break up with the hotness that's Olivia Munn, nooooooooooo!

What you think of Dak Prescott?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Hey, I'm not saying it'd be smart for him personally but maybe that'd help his game out and that's what I'm most concerned about as a rabid Packer fan :) We've seen many QB's play at a very high level into their late 30's especially with the pussified NFL rules protecting QB's from pretty much any big hits. It's tough to accept that Rodgers may have completely lost it all in his early 30's but it truly is looking that way. He is missing multiple throws every game that he would have hit in his sleep, with many coming in the big moments. And the decision making/ball control is even starting to become an issue, I've never seen him as careless with the ball as he was last night.

Prescott seems to be pretty solid. I don't watch preseason at all but I heard he did great those games and the first couple starts he has been pretty good. I saw some of the game yesterday, nice win for the Cowboys. They still have a bad defense and the problems of youth will be there but they might be on the rise.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^I hope not. By giants haven't really convinced me yet, but I'll take the 2 wins

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Giants seriously p1$$ed me off this last weekend. How many yards do you give up in penalties before you realise you need more discipline. We lst that game, the skins didn't win it. Props to their special teams for that 55 yarder though.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
@Twisted ? Thoughts on this debate... Wentz or Prescott. Personally Wentz looks terrifying to me, haven't Prescott looks good as well, but his thing is more that he isn't really making mistakes. Wentz looks like he wins games. Not happy with an NFC East having that sort of talent coming against us...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another win for the Raiders on the road. Carr takes them on a 4th Quarter game-winning drive. Great catch by Crabtree to haul it in.

I see Denver's game got suspended due to the weather.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Impressive win by your Raiders. It's still very early but they have gotten through a fairly tough stretch and are sitting well at 3-1. Denver is surprisingly still great. Pittsburgh, not withstanding a disaster last week, is also very tough and then there is the Patriots. The AFC looks a lot stronger than the NFC so far.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Vikings are about to go 4:0 and all this without Teddy and AP. That is impressive.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bradford is playing well, much better than Bridgewater would have, and that defense is incredible. AP is likely washed up, especially after the recent injury. The Packers should take a look at what a well-coached, well-run team looks like.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes Brady is back. Too bad the Pats couldn't have lost another game but Arizona (who they beat in week 1) has really taken a step back. Given they've had a weak schedule to start I don't see them recovering and making the playoffs this year. I'm not as surprised that Carolina is struggling, they all played above themselves last year, particularly Newton. Packers have Giants, Cowboys, and Bears at home. Anything less than 3-0 and this looks like another pathetic 9 or 10 win season that may or may not be good enough for the playoffs. I still have the same rallying cry as I've had for the better part of 5 years now "Fire McNugget"

Reactions: britbox

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I was very pleased with Chiefs after that disaster in Pittsburgh two weeks ago. A bye week did them a lot of good. Charles is coming back nicely and Ware has been a running devil. I needed some good news after Nole and Blue Jays debacles recently.

I feel for you @Twisted. This afternoon's game against Dallas was really bad.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
If they could trade Rodgers for something like a first round pick right now I'd be all over it. But sadly after this year he will likely have little if any trade value given his contract. I think he is done mentally. That was a poor defense that he looked awful against. Some of those passes could've been completed easily by a high school QB. People are making a big deal about the audacity of Packer fans to boo the team and specifically Rodgers but tough shit. They deserved it, particularly him. I'm grateful for all that he did but you can't live in the past, he looks done since the middle of last year and it's time to start grooming a replacement.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was very pleased with Chiefs after that disaster in Pittsburgh two weeks ago. A bye week did them a lot of good. Charles is coming back nicely and Ware has been a running devil. I needed some good news after Nole and Blue Jays debacles recently.

I feel for you @Twisted. This afternoon's game against Dallas was really bad.

Not a good result for the Raiders... Carr fumbled the ball away a couple of times and they haven't got much on the ground with Murray out. Raiders defense was due that loss to Kansas... they've been bailed out by the offense every game... not today. Secondary needs a lot of work. Still, I'd have taken 4-2 after 6 games.... Oakland won't be a serious challenger until next year. A winning season and a wildcard will do me... haven't seen the Raiders in the playoffs for fricken years.

Reactions: Billie and DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
i just looked ahead at the Raiders schedule and, not to jinx your boys, but it is quite kind. Kansas City seems to have become that 8-10 win team that no one likes to see on their schedule. They aren't consistent but they have their big games. I thought them coming in at 2-2 after a bad loss would make it tough for Oakland.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Not a good result for the Raiders... Carr fumbled the ball away a couple of times and they haven't got much on the ground with Murray out. Raiders defense was due that loss to Kansas... they've been bailed out by the offense every game... not today. Secondary needs a lot of work. Still, I'd have taken 4-2 after 6 games.... Oakland won't be a serious challenger until next year. A winning season and a wildcard will do me... haven't seen the Raiders in the playoffs for fricken years.

I know BB and usually I root for your and Twisted guys, except when they play Chiefs. Even the best of teams have a bad game from time to time. We'll see what happens rest of the regular season. There are still a lot of games to be played.

Reactions: britbox

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
If they could trade Rodgers for something like a first round pick right now I'd be all over it. But sadly after this year he will likely have little if any trade value given his contract. I think he is done mentally. That was a poor defense that he looked awful against. Some of those passes could've been completed easily by a high school QB. People are making a big deal about the audacity of Packer fans to boo the team and specifically Rodgers but tough shit. They deserved it, particularly him. I'm grateful for all that he did but you can't live in the past, he looks done since the middle of last year and it's time to start grooming a replacement.

You would trade AR? Who would you like to see as Packers QB? Perhaps he is mentally fed up, but that happens to everybody. Sometimes a player needs to get knocked down in order to rise up again. The whole offence looked bad, but there were a lot of games where some good teams looked terrible in one of them and then came back good next time around. You probably guess I am not a booing type of person. Let's see how the next couple of games go before shipping him off to some other place.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
You would trade AR? Who would you like to see as Packers QB? Perhaps he is mentally fed up, but that happens to everybody. Sometimes a player needs to get knocked down in order to rise up again. The whole offence looked bad, but there were a lot of games where some good teams looked terrible in one of them and then came back good next time around. You probably guess I am not a booing type of person. Let's see how the next couple of games go before shipping him off to some other place.

Trust me when I say that this is not based off of a couple games. After week 6 of last year he has been one of the worst QB's in the league and that's not hyperbole, he literally has been near the bottom in many important stats. In the NFL a few bad games is a slump but when you are talking 17 games (including playoffs) played over 2 different seasons this is a new reality.

Rodgers is 33 in December and for QB's, even today in the wussified NFL where you can't hit QB's, that is considered advanced middle age. The encouraging thing is that there are many QB's that are older that are still playing very well but that doesn't mean Rodgers is going to turn it around and become one of them. I do think a lot of the problems are mental but it's hard to turn it around after so long. He probably is fed up with the organization and should be, he doesn't like McCarthy and for good reason. McCarthy and the GM Ted Thompson need to go after this year assuming they do nothing like they've done the past 5 seasons now. But going back to Rodgers it isn't just about the terrible throws and decisions he's making, the body language is screaming "I don't want to be out here" and when you're supposed leader is failing to lead it shows. Hopefully Munn breaks up with him and he gets back to just football, maybe that can save his career.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
britbox Other Sports 224
DarthFed Other Sports 116