NFL 2016-2017

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Shit performance from the Raiders... Carr and the receivers looked like it was the first time they'd set eyes on each other.... Carr's worst performance of the season by far. Chiefs played well. Deserved it. Now top the AFC West and will win any tiebreaker with the Raiders.

Carr was really off. He might have been bothered by that taped little finger, they showed it he didn't put it on the football at all, when throwing or passing the ball.

Chiefs defence came through, again. It was a bit sloppy in the 2nd half for their offence, 2 turnovers, punts, tentative, protecting the result. But a win is a win.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Impressive win for Kansas City. I too was wondering if Carr's injured finger would become an issue. He had a couple good outings with it before last night but that doesn't mean it's not a factor. I remember Favre playing a whole season for GB when he had ligament damage in the thumb of his throwing hand, and he struggled pretty badly.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
It's a big setback for Chiefs as their main man on defence, the leader of that team, the middle linebacker Derrick Johnson is out for the season with a left Achilles' tear. It happened in the 2nd quarter of the Thursday game against Raiders, no contact freak accident.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Big time win for the Giants. That guarantees that Dallas will be playing hard for at least two more weeks which is good news for the Packers. Detroit is definitely losing one or both of those games.

GB played outstanding today and if they take care of business the next two weeks the last game of the season will be for the division.

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just watched the Packers highlights... Rodgers stepped up to the plate big time, but huge kudos to your O-Line - they laid the foundations. Not a match the Seahawks will look back on with many positives... tons of errors.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah the Seahawks haven't been blown out in something like 5 years until yesterday and that defense has never been shredded quite like that. Rodgers actually hurt his right calf on the first td, quite an awesome strike to Adams for 66 yards, but it didn't seem to bother him much. Hopefully it is not an issue going forward. Unfortunately with the way things have played out the last couple weeks the Packers flat out have to win the rest of their games. 9-7 has pretty much no chance for the wild card and it likely won't win the division either. If they get in and are reasonably healthy they become extremely dangerous. It's good to see Rodgers playing like he did before the year plus of terrible play from him starting in the middle of last season. It gives hope going forward that he might be "back" which means even with all the deficiencies this team can sleepwalk to 11+ wins a year. Hopefully it isn't too little too late for this year because the one potential benefit of the Packers missing the playoffs (gutting the coaching staff and GM) is unlikely to play out.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Well you obviously didn't watch the pathetic match that Seahawks last played on road against Buccaneers before last night. They managed whole 5 points in that game. Russell Wilson was even worse last night, but it wasn't just him; the whole team sucked. Career day for interceptions for RW.:cry:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The Seahawks have always struggled on the road. It's a much different team when they are at home, moreso than most or all the other teams in the league.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
7 Raiders in the Pro Bowl. Might be a tad generous. Cooper's production has dropped off a lot in the last few weeks. Anyway, I'll take it.

Love this time of year with the playoffs on the horizon... even more when my team is in contention... and it's been a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wildcard Weekend

NYG travel to Lambeau.

Raiders travel to Houston.

Miami at Pitt

Detroit at Seattle.

I think Seattle take Detroit. The Seahawks are on the money at home.

Pittsburgh take Miami.

I'll take GB over New York.

Raiders/Houston is a toss up, but I'm backing the Silver and Black to get it done... and turnovers will make a difference.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Pitt over Miami is the only easy one to call IMO.

I give the slight edge to Houston due to HFA (sorry BB but the good news is they've often won when I picked against them)

I do think Seattle wins but it will be close. I don't think Seattle has it this year, the offense is not the same without Lynch and even the defense is struggling lately. I think they'll be mincemeat in Atlanta if they get there.

And GB "should" win, they are on fire and the Giants offense has struggled. But we've seen them transform into a juggernaut around playoff time before and their defense is playing better than anyone.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Raiders O-Line banged up. Penn is out (Pro Bowl LT)... Things are getting worse by the day.. Anyway, we will see... not long until proceedings get under way.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Terrible start for Oakland. If they have any chance of winning this then they'll have to trust Cook more than just calling screen passes.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry BB. Just awful luck with the Carr injury. Without that they aren't even playing tonight and they'd have had a good chance vs Pitt at home in round 2. It's a shame but it's still a young team and Carr will come back strong.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sorry BB. Just awful luck with the Carr injury. Without that they aren't even playing tonight and they'd have had a good chance vs Pitt at home in round 2. It's a shame but it's still a young team and Carr will come back strong.

Yeah, would have been a different game with Carr for sure. Can't blame Cook... it was his first pro start and he wasn't getting ANY reps before Carr's injury - not even with the scout team. Play calling was poor in the first half.

Raider D was OK considering... the rest of the Raider offense really came up short... Cooper and Crabtree were both poor.

Anyway, I'd have taken 12-4 and a wildcard at the beginning of the year. After 14 years in the playoff wilderness it was nice to watch a Raider game that mattered at this time of year.

I'm rooting for the Chiefs now.

Don't think the Texans will go deep. Chiefs or Pats will take care of them in the next round.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Detroit is pretty terrible. Against a decent team tonight the Hawks would've been in trouble. A lions win would've helped GB because their chances vs Atlanta is better than Dallas. Even with GB's momentum, which will be even greater IF they win tomorrow, I don't think they would beat Dallas next week. It's a bad matchup, Atlanta would be tough but I see that being close to 50-50

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think you're selling Seattle a little short mate. Some of their players haven't been back long from injury. They might peak at the right time.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
We shall see, even the game last night was 10-6 late in the 3rd against a very bad team. I wouldn't mind seeing Seattle in the NFC title game if GB gets there. Talk about the ultimate revenge game.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
britbox Other Sports 224
DarthFed Other Sports 116