2016 NFL Playoffs

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Figured it was time to open a thread for the playoffs.  Since there are only 4 games each of the first 2 weeks it makes sense to predict them all.

KC @ Houston - I think KC wins but Houston is quietly a hot team as well. KC is riding a 10 game winning streak but they've barely gotten by the last few weeks against bad teams.

Pitt @ Cincy - Pittsburgh to me is the darkhorse in the AFC.  A serious threat to any team and I think they'll knock off Cincy here.

Seattle @ Minny - Probably the easiest one to call.  Seattle is red hot and they have all the experience, they also won @ Minnesota 38-7 in November.

Green Bay @ Washington - The 2nd easiest one to call.  GB is the worst team in the playoffs and even an average Washington squad will be able to handle them easily at home.  It's not an exaggeration to say that Green Bay looked like one of the 10 worst teams in the league the past 10 weeks.  They got in due to starting the season 6-0 when Rodgers was Rodgers.  Now Rodgers is playing flat out terrible, not just bad for his standards, terrible overall.  I hope he isn't washed up but it is a worry at this point.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I am still undetermined about Pittsburgh and Cinncy.  The Steelers have playoff experience on their side, they know how to win when it matters, so I am leaning towards them as well.

I'll go with Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks, Redskins.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
So here's how the playoffs will kick off this weekend. Make your prediction or discuss the playoffs in this thread:

AFC Wildcard Saturday
Chiefs @ Texans - 4:35 EST on ESPN
Steelers @ Bengals - 8:15 EST on CBS

NFC Wildcard Sunday
Seahawks @ Vikings - 1:05 EST on NBC
Packers @ Redskins - 4:40 EST on FOX

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I actually think the Texans have a pretty good shot. They are quietly hot right now while KC is obviously on a great streak. I will pick KC but don't be surprised by a small upset there.

I think Steelers take care of Cincy. If Dalton was playing it'd be more of a battle and if Dalton had been healthy Cincy would probably be the #1 seed

Seahawks take out Minny. Don't let 11-5 and the NFC North title fool you, Minny is not that good. Way below average offense and a way above average defense. Seattle will win.

Packers @ Redskins. It could be Packers @ Alabama and I wouldn't pick them to win. There are probably 10 + teams that didn't make the playoffs that would beat GB on a neutral field at this point, no joke. Washington by 14 and next year we will see if AR rebounds or if this year was his sudden end. He has been horrific pretty much all season.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
KC. This will probably be the best game of the weekend.
Pitt, but I think this one will be close.
Hawks. They picked up their game recently. Don't worry I'm not fooled by 11-5 records in the North. Bears have held that record several times winning the North, only to get bounced out in the first round. They weren't a good team either. :nono
I want to pick the Pack, but they are just bad right now. Gotta go w/ the Skins too.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Reminder to @britbox and @Moxie to get your picks in.  The first games start on Saturday both this week and next.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I have been Recessitated a bit, with Jim Tomsula firing .I have been watching the NFL and hear are my thoughts

KC vs Texans, who cares but KC is tough and Texans QB is not good. I am gonna stick with AndyReid and his game manager qb of Alex Smith CHIEF'S

Steelers vs Bengals. Steelers have too much offense, the Bengals Dalton is still injured Steelers

GB vs Skins, ARod will figure this one out , the Skin's Cousin will be exposed. Packers

Seahawks vs Vikings, even Pete Carroll dumb coaching antics will not be allowed to screw this one up .Hawks.

Btw.TB was totally gutless to fire Lovie Smith, that organization is a pure pathetic joke.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OK, thanks for the game, and the crib sheet, Twisted.  I'd easily vote the same as you and Billie, but that wouldn't be any fun, now, would it?  So, I'll take Houston for the home advantage, and my love of Texas.  I'd also pick Cincy, to be contrarian, but every time I pick against the Steelers, they win.  And I can't pick against my Redskins.

Houston

Steelers

Seahawks

Redskins

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks @twisted for setting this up.

My picks are as follows:

Houston

Cincy

Seattle

Green Bay

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I was surprised by his firing too. If anything the team overachieved this year and seems to be setup nicely to improve. On the other hand I was not surprised Chip Kelly was canned. If you make that many stupid personnel decisions and it blows up in your face you deserve to get fired.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yeah. No love for Lovie in the NFL right now. Maybe he could take his defensive prowess to the Giants organization.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
If it is OK with everybody I'd like to change my pick from Redskins to Packers.  Now everybody has different picks :)

Final picks:  Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks, Packers.  :yahoo:

Good luck all!

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Chief's coach, Andy Reid (Eagles) vs. Texans coach, Bill O'Brien (Penn State) is a sentimental one for me.

Picking Houston.

Steelers

Seahawks

Packers

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Welcome to our NFL playoff challenge EG :yahoo:   Interesting that you picked Vikings, I also think this might be a tighter game than most people think.

I know it is just the start of the Chiefs and Texans game, but I couldn't have scripted a better start for Chiefs.  Let's keep it going, guys.  I am excited about this team.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Chiefs start w/ a bang. A kickoff return that immediately puts 7 pts on the board. 7-0 after 1 period

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
13-0 KC at the break. Texans can't get anything going on offense.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
13:0 at halftime.  Chiefs should have done better.  Nothing on offense, just 2 long field goals.  At least Santos is on.  Is the 2nd half going to be a defense fest? :scratch:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This is like watching paint dry. Chiefs have a great defense and they are going against a high school level Qb.

I actually want Minny to win tomorrow but the cold won't save them. Id be surprised if they lose by less than 10.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Well you said that Texans were a hot team, twisted.  I knew Chiefs were a much better team, but anything can happen.  After this interception in the 4th, Texans might not score a point.   The 8-game playoff losing streak is over for the Chiefs.  Yay, my guys did well today! :yahoo:

I really hope that Maclin is not badly injured.  They need him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Other Sports 229
DarthFed Other Sports 15
the AntiPusher Other Sports 8
britbox Other Sports 224
britbox Other Sports 228