NFL 2016-2017

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Well if AR doesn't want to be there, then that is a different thing. When your mind and heart is not in it, it rarely succeeds. If you were the GM, who would you bring to Packers instead of AR, @Twisted

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well if AR doesn't want to be there, then that is a different thing. When your mind and heart is not in it, it rarely succeeds. If you were the GM, who would you bring to Packers instead of AR, @Twisted

It's about grooming a replacement which could be a process of a season or 2. They had a promising rookie talent that they foolishly released before the season but they still have a 2nd year guy backing up Rodgers now. Maybe he will pan out. If Rodgers goes on and has a poor year and the Packers miss the playoffs it'd be time to think about the future and rebuilding. He had a respectable game Thursday (and I was there) but it was against a horrible Bears team. Let's see if he steps up in the coming weeks against decent teams

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
@Federberg - Are you going to the Rams/Giant game?

I was too tired to even consider it mate. Had a nice long rest this weekend. Twickers is on the other side of London from me. Wembley is much much better for me actually. Watched it on tv. Finally the D is starting to warm up. Maybe we can move forward from here

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
It's about grooming a replacement which could be a process of a season or 2. They had a promising rookie talent that they foolishly released before the season but they still have a 2nd year guy backing up Rodgers now. Maybe he will pan out. If Rodgers goes on and has a poor year and the Packers miss the playoffs it'd be time to think about the future and rebuilding. He had a respectable game Thursday (and I was there) but it was against a horrible Bears team. Let's see if he steps up in the coming weeks against decent teams

Yeah, the 2nd half was very good. I am glad you got to enjoy it in person.:good:

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, the 2nd half was very good. I am glad you got to enjoy it in person.:good:

Thanks @Billie

I've been to 5 games now over 4 different seasons and they are 5-0. My favorite was last year's Monday night game vs. your Chiefs. I guess I should go more often. Rodgers threw the ball well but still had a ridiculous unforced turnover that handed the Bears a TD and a brief lead. He hasn't put together 4 good quarters in a very long time as I mentioned. The next 5 weeks for Green Bay will be telling. They play Atlanta, Philadelphia, Washington and Tennessee on the road and Indy at home. None of those 5 teams are great but 3 are pretty good and Indy is also dangerous. If they go 3-2 or better that'd be decent, and would show they may have some potential for a mediocre/decent year. Looking at their weak ass schedule so far no Packer fan would be happy with 4-2. Should be 5-1 at the worst if they were playing well.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Thanks @Billie

I've been to 5 games now over 4 different seasons and they are 5-0. My favorite was last year's Monday night game vs. your Chiefs. I guess I should go more often. Rodgers threw the ball well but still had a ridiculous unforced turnover that handed the Bears a TD and a brief lead. He hasn't put together 4 good quarters in a very long time as I mentioned. The next 5 weeks for Green Bay will be telling. They play Atlanta, Philadelphia, Washington and Tennessee on the road and Indy at home. None of those 5 teams are great but 3 are pretty good and Indy is also dangerous. If they go 3-2 or better that'd be decent, and would show they may have some potential for a mediocre/decent year. Looking at their weak ass schedule so far no Packer fan would be happy with 4-2. Should be 5-1 at the worst if they were playing well.

Yeah, you should keep the streak going for as long as possible, help out the team and go and see more games this season. I would think attending Sunday games would be easier, considering the travel time back and forth. The next 5 games are critical and will tell you more about their chances and the state of the team more clearly, I agree.:-)2

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Every game is sold out and the waiting list for season tickets is over 20 years long. The only thing to do is StubHub and with such demand for the games you get ripped off badly if you want to get a ticket. My parents had season tickets to the games that used to be in Milwaukee (4 games a year) but sold them just before the Packers got Favre in the early 90's. Safe to say it is one of their greatest regrets in life!

Reactions: britbox

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Goodness me, I didn't know that tickets were in such a high demand. Is that for almost all teams?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Goodness me, I didn't know that tickets were in such a high demand. Is that for almost all teams?

It's not that way for all teams that's for sure. The Packers are religion in this state.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Brother, if I knew I'd go tell him the solution myself. He fell off a cliff after week 6 last year and has been an average NFL QB since then.

I hope like hell Olivia Munn breaks up with him, maybe that'd help. I know Brady has Gisele but athletes can react differently.

Aside from that I honestly don't think his physical abilities have diminished, he just flat out misses a lot of passes he used to hit in his sleep and he has been much more turnover prone than he used to be. He had a solid game this past Sunday, by far the best he's played since the Chiefs game last year, but that's followed about 20 games over the course of 2 seasons where he's looked unrecognizable.

And as always I hope the Packers get rid of their coach and GM, it's time they both took the short bus the phuck out of town. Half a decade of severe underachieving should be enough. Good riddance.

Reactions: brokenshoelace

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You follow NFL much @brokenshoelace ?

I've always paid "some" attention to it although I would have never called myself an NFL fan until 2014. That was the first season I took close interest in and have been following carefully since. Wouldn't call myself very knowledgeable about it as I'm still rather new...

A Patriots fan so... No idea why, I remember watching Brady in the 2007 season and being in awe, and they were "my team" since (although like I said, I was a casual observer at best at the time). Twisted will be thrilled to hear, I'm sure. Another thing him and I can disagree on :D

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
EVERYONE outside of the New England area hates the Pats in the States here. A lot of it is envy including from me. They or maybe the Spurs are the best franchise in the major sports over the course of the last 15+ years. They are frankly what I think the Packers could/should've been with Rodgers starting the past 10 years. It is a quarterback league and if you have a great QB you should automatically be a SB contender year after year. That's the case with Brady and it was with Manning too. But with New England I think Belichick is the straw that stirs the drink. Brady is awesome, with stats and rings he is either the GOAT or 2nd greatest to Montana, but New England is now 14-6 in 2008 and 2016 in games where Brady hasn't played. And that's with career backups. Belichick is probably the greatest coach in NFL history (from a fan whose team had Lombardi) and the end of the Patriots will be when he quits, even if it's after Brady retires.

Rodgers up until last year was playing the position the best it's been played. His playoff numbers are pretty damn good too despite what a lot of people say (his team averages 28 PPG in the playoffs but the awful defense averages giving up 26 PPG). Compare that as well as overall stats with Brady whose team averages 26 PPG but only gives up 20 PPG in the playoffs. The fact that he's only been to one SB is pretty criminal and it should've been the death knell for the coaching staff many moons ago. And now you have a GM who doesn't have a Win now mentality when he has a first ballot HOF QB who is aging. He drafted Rodgers and has gotten a pass for many years now but it's time he moves on too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
britbox Other Sports 224
DarthFed Other Sports 116