Mercedes Cup, Stuttgart, Germany, ATP 250, 2019

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great win by Felix. Tight match. No breaks in the match that I saw until 2 in the 3rd.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
When you serve and volley on every point, it takes the surprise element out. So, Dreddy should mix up a little bit.

Reactions: Fiero425

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA will most likely face Raonic next. That may be tough for him.

But, I am now rooting for FAA to win this tourney.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Dreddy could not only get into MD of Halle/Queens, but also to the Quals of Halle/Queens.

But, he being from Germany, I am hoping Halle would give him a WC, preferably in MD, but if not at least in the quals.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It will be a Milos vs. Felix all Canadian SF. Proud of them.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
It is a costly loss for Dreddy, especially considering he was serving for the match.

Not only that he lost the money and the points, more importantly if he had won, he could have gotten a spot in Halle MD by virtue of special exemption.

Halley has already announced all three wildcards: two Germans not named Brown and to Tsonga.

Halle has given Dreddy a wild card into the doubles event (playing with another German Tim Putz). Most probably, they will give him WC into the qualifying of singles which starts tomorrow. Should not be too hard to get there considering it is about five hours drive.

Last edited:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Dreddy indeed got WC into the qualifying of Halle. He needs to win two matches in the quals to get into MD.

As said before, he also got WC into the MD of doubles event in Halle.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dreddy is the talk of the tournament :) I think he found himself comfortable occasionally winning challengers instead of loosing early rounds in bigger events. As it was mentioned it could also be partly due to lack of commitment. I don't know how the guy can play with a hair that long, seems like his dreadlocks are so long that he could run faster without it. I like the guy. Watched the highlights against Zverev, he made some really good shots. I've read somewhere that his back is bugging him for some time already.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA is currently ranked 21. He made it into the MD of GSs only once, in USO 2018 when he had to retire mid-match (from a leading position) due to heart palpitations. I cannot think of some other player who is ranked so high without even playing in slams. Does anyone know is this some kind of record.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
FAA is currently ranked 21. He made it into the MD of GSs only once, in USO 2018 when he had to retire mid-match (from a leading position) due to heart palpitations. I cannot think of some other player who is ranked so high without even playing in slams. Does anyone know is this some kind of record.
He was supposed to play at RG, but he got injured sadly right before.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Very nice fast grass court like Halle. If only Wimbledon was like this. Really hope Dreddy makes it to Wimbledon this year.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Nick Kyrgios already out. Lost 3, 4 to Matteo Berrettini. Good thing he skipped RG and went straight to grass prep. SMH.

Surprised no one bothered to mention it but he had a knee brace on and his movement looked really bad out there. Doesn't look fit so no wonder he lost.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Surprised no one bothered to mention it but he had a knee brace on and his movement looked really bad out there. Doesn't look fit so no wonder he lost.
I didn't see it, only the result, so thanks. I do wish that boy would stay healthy. And focused, I guess.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dreddy is the talk of the tournament :) I think he found himself comfortable occasionally winning challengers instead of loosing early rounds in bigger events. As it was mentioned it could also be partly due to lack of commitment. I don't know how the guy can play with a hair that long, seems like his dreadlocks are so long that he could run faster without it. I like the guy. Watched the highlights against Zverev, he made some really good shots. I've read somewhere that his back is bugging him for some time already.
Some folks get a certain nostalgia for Dreddy this time of year. ;)