Mercedes Cup, Stuttgart, Germany, ATP 250, 2019

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a bit of a late comment, but when filling out my draws for upcoming, I was reminded of Daniil Medvedev throwing a wobbly during his first match here v. Pouille, which he lost in 3. Did anyone see that? I feel that I've seen him do a bratty turn before, but I haven't followed him enough to have much of an opinion either about his comportment or his again. Anyone else have an opinion?

Reactions: don_fabio

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I saw the highlights posted on YouTube. Felix seemed to serve very well and his groundstrokes were also very good, equally strong from both sides.
What I have seen, his net approaches were not the best, he was passed easily a few times.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a bit of a late comment, but when filling out my draws for upcoming, I was reminded of Daniil Medvedev throwing a wobbly during his first match here v. Pouille, which he lost in 3. Did anyone see that? I feel that I've seen him do a bratty turn before, but I haven't followed him enough to have much of an opinion either about his comportment or his again. Anyone else have an opinion?
I couldn't find what really happened there, but I see that was a 5th match that Medvedev lost in a row, so if he was frustrated I could understand why. He looks calm on the outside, but remember last year when he played Tsitsipas for the first time and accused him of taking long toilet break. He was furious and wanted a response from the greek after they shook hands at the net saying ''look me in the eyes'' and threw in some more of the strong words. What's most bizarre is that happened when he won a match. BTW he is 4:0 against the greek so far, they played 3 times after that incident. Looks like Dannil is extra motivated to beat him. I guess we all need to see more of him, but he obviously has a fire flaming in him.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I couldn't find what really happened there, but I see that was a 5th match that Medvedev lost in a row, so if he was frustrated I could understand why. He looks calm on the outside, but remember last year when he played Tsitsipas for the first time and accused him of taking long toilet break. He was furious and wanted a response from the greek after they shook hands at the net saying ''look me in the eyes'' and threw in some more of the strong words. What's most bizarre is that happened when he won a match. BTW he is 4:0 against the greek so far, they played 3 times after that incident. Looks like Dannil is extra motivated to beat him. I guess we all need to see more of him, but he obviously has a fire flaming in him.
Yes, I think that's the incident I was vaguely remembering. You give him a generous accounting. You're very kind. I just called him a brat.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, I think that's the incident I was vaguely remembering. You give him a generous accounting. You're very kind. I just called him a brat.
I need a bit more time to decide is he a jerk or not.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I need a bit more time to decide is he a jerk or not.
Fair enough. That's kind of why I asked the forum...wondering what we think. I'll stand by for a larger sample size from him.

Reactions: don_fabio