2022 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa needs to play Carlos NEXT week and afterwards. AO is the goal
Well that is not on either players schedule before the AO, Carlos is playing 2 exhibition tournaments, before the AO and Rafa is playing the United Cup, in Sydney before the AO.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The LTA has been fined $1M by the ATP for having banned Russian and Belarusian players from the British summer grass events in 2022, with a warning, they could lose their ATP membership in case of a similar decision for the next season.
The LTA said it was considering its response to the latest sanction and accused the ATP of a 'lack of empathy' over the sanction in Ukraine.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

tented

Administrator
Reactions
The LTA has been fined $1M by the ATP for having banned Russian and Belarusian players from the British summer grass events in 2022, with a warning, they could lose their ATP membership in case of a similar decision for the next season.
The LTA said it was considering its response to the latest sanction and accused the ATP of a 'lack of empathy' over the sanction in Ukraine.
They decided to wait until December to do this? OK …

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
They decided to wait until December to do this? OK …
Agree, late, better late than never I guess.
The WTA fined the LTA and AELTC $1m earlier this year, a decision which is subject to appeal.

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agree, late, better late than never I guess.
The WTA fined the LTA and AELTC $1m earlier this year, a decision which is subject to appeal.
Not "better late than never." Pointless, limp. At least if the WTA did it earlier, but still. So I guess this means that, no matter the state of the war in Ukraine, the LTA will admit all players to Wimbledon?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
First round matches Diriyah Tennis Cup,
First round matches are best of 3 match t/breaks sets.There will also be a doubles tournament the 8 players who will lost tomorrow will compose 4 couples,

D.Thiem vs A. Zverev
S.Wawrinka vs M. Berrettini
C. Norrie vs N. Kyrgios
H. Hurkacz vs D. Stricker

The four top seeds get a bye 1st round. Tstsipas (1) Medvedev (2) Rublev (3) Fritz (4)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nick Kyrgios on Davis Cup and his decision to sit out ( via AAP)

'Maybe if Australia embraced me a little bit more, I would play it and bring home the trophy, but who knows?
It's not always easy for me to erase everything in Australia that's said negatively about me. feel this is the first year I've earned respect when it should have been given when I first came on tour".

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Australian tennis player John Millman,

"Having hit with the AO 2023 Dunlop balls the last week my general observation is they are light and quick, especially when new. Not the easiest to control initially even in the humid conditions where I am in Brisbane".

Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Nick Kyrgios on Davis Cup and his decision to sit out ( via AAP)

'Maybe if Australia embraced me a little bit more, I would play it and bring home the trophy, but who knows?
It's not always easy for me to erase everything in Australia that's said negatively about me. feel this is the first year I've earned respect when it should have been given when I first came on tour".
Boohoo Nicky. Sounds like a petulant child. Cry me a river already...

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
And the award for self-proclaimed most accomplished player without many accomplishments goes to...Nick Kyrgios.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dominic Thiem confirmed on German Eurosport that he will receive a main draw wild card for the AO if he dosen't enter directly ( 7th alternate atm).

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Results of 1st rd QFS ......Driyah Tennis Cup, Saudi Arabia.

S.Wawrinka d M. Berrettini 5-10 10-4 10-6
A. Zverev d D.Thiem 10-8 10-7
H. Hurkacz d D. Stricker 10-7 10-5
C. Norrie d N. Kyrgrios 10-6 10-6

2nd QFS results,
S. Warwrinka d A.Rublev 67 62 10-6
D.Medvedev d A. Zverev 6- 64
C.Norrie d S.Tistsipas 64 64
T. Fritz d H. Hurkacz 76 75

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Friday 9th SFs Diriyah Tennis Cup,

S. Wawrinka vs D. Medvedev ( from 14.00 CET)
Berrettini/Rublev vs Thiem/Zverev

C. Norrie vs T. Fritz ( from 18.00 CET)
Kyrgios/Tsitsipas vs Stricker/Hurkacz

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Polish player No 77 Kamil Majchrzak has tested positive in anti- doping controls in October- November period.
He has stated that he has never knowingly taken any banned substance , and will fight to prove my innocence and to return to the sport I love.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think what Nick doesn’t understand is that there is certainly a level of understanding and compassion that people can have for your situation; however, that doesn’t mean people have to sit there and take any abuse you have to offer because you are going through something.

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Results of 1st rd QFS ......Driyah Tennis Cup, Saudi Arabia.

S.Wawrinka d M. Berrettini 5-10 10-4 10-6
A. Zverev d D.Thiem 10-8 10-7
H. Hurkacz d D. Stricker 10-7 10-5
C. Norrie d N. Kyrgrios 10-6 10-6

2nd QFS results,
S. Warwrinka d A.Rublev 67 62 10-6
D.Medvedev d A. Zverev 6- 64
C.Norrie d S.Tistsipas 64 64
T. Fritz d H. Hurkacz 76 75
wow, Stan having some good results. Hope he can transfer this over to events that count for ranking points......

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think this is a bad decision. I thought that banning the players was bad, and the ATP reaction to that was unnecessary, and now they’re thinking of compounding all these bad ideas, and guess what? The tyrant is happy that a revered tradition in the west is stumbling about looking bad, then worse. Mission accomplished, and he didn’t even have to do anything…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think this is a bad decision. I thought that banning the players was bad, and the ATP reaction to that was unnecessary, and now they’re thinking of compounding all these bad ideas, and guess what? The tyrant is happy that a revered tradition in the west is stumbling about looking bad, then worse. Mission accomplished, and he didn’t even have to do anything…
The LTA have a right to respond to this fine, apparently from further reading they will respond. So we will have to wait and see, also if they are going to let Russian and Belarusian players compete at all grass tournaments including Wimbledon next year, I also read the ATP will donate the fine to the Ukraine Humanitarian relief fund.I agree with your thoughts banning players this year was totally unnecessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.