12. Diego Schwartzman
13. Marin Cilic
14. Roberto Bautista Agut
15. GrIgor Dimitrov
16. Reilly Opelka
17. Gael Monfils

Rogers_Cup_Semifinal_2009_-_3.jpg

The Tournament:

The Canadian Open, also known as the Canada Masters, and currently branded as the National Bank Open presented by Rogers for sponsorship reasons, is an annual tennis tournament held in Ontario and Quebec. The men's competition is a Masters 1000 event on the ATP Tour, and the women's competition is a WTA 1000 tournament on the WTA Tour. The competition is played on outdoor hard courts.

Prior to 2011, they were held during separate weeks in the July–August period; now the two competitions are held during the same week in August. The events alternate from year to year between the cities of Montreal and Toronto. Since 2021 in even-numbered years the men's tournament is held in Montreal, while the women's tournament is held in Toronto, and vice versa in odd-numbered years. The Toronto tournament is held at Sobeys Stadium and the Montreal tournament is held at IGA Stadium.

About Montreal:

Montreal is the second-most populous city in Canada and most populous city in the Canadian province of Quebec. Founded in 1642 as Ville-Marie, or "City of Mary", it is named after Mount Royal, the triple-peaked hill around which the early city of Ville-Marie is built. The city is centred on the Island of Montreal, which obtained its name from the same origin as the city, and a few much smaller peripheral islands, the largest of which is Île Bizard. The city is 196 km (122 mi) east of the national capital Ottawa, and 258 km (160 mi) southwest of the provincial capital, Quebec City.

Montreal_Montage_2020.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadal has withdrawn. :cry:
Why doesn't he LEARN. Good LORD. He should have taken the entire month of July and first week of August off .Just as he did in early this year playing IW, it's only so many matches left on his body.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSicilian

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz, who will be No 2 seed at Montreal, now also has a realistic chance to be No 2 seed at US Open

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Montreal Update,
OUT: Rafa Nadal
IN: Mackie McDonald

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Projected seedings for QFs,

Medvedev (1) vs Hurkacz (8)
Ruud (4) vs FAA (6)
Sinner (7) vs Tsitsipas (3)
Rublev (5) vs Alcaraz (2)

Last edited:

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Big opportunity for one of these guys to either regain their mojo (Alcaraz, Medvedev, Tsitsipas) or make a good impression (Ruud, FAA, Hurkacz, Rublev, or Sinner) going into the US Open.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A bit sad that Jannik did not play Citi Open this year, he goes into a HC Masters Tournament with no warm up on HC, after winning Umag

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A bit sad that Jannik did not play Citi Open this year, he goes into a HC Masters Tournament with no warm up on HC, after winning Umag
The way the Citi Open is being played this year (extreme humidity, rain delays and etc…), I am actually glad he didn’t play Citi Open this year. Also, I think Cahill believes that playing Clay court tennis will be an easier transition to HCs than playing from HCs to Clay courts. He believes that playing on Clay allows players to build physical stamina especially during the hot, humid days of NA HC swing. I do think winning Umag will give Sinner a lot of confidence going into NA HC swing,

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The way the Citi Open is being played this year (extreme humidity, rain delays and etc…), I am actually glad he didn’t play Citi Open this year. Also, I think Cahill believes that playing Clay court tennis will be an easier transition to HCs than playing from HCs to Clay courts. He believes that playing on Clay allows players to build physical stamina especially during the hot, humid days of NA HC swing. I do think winning Umag will give Sinner a lot of confidence going into NA HC swing,
Being the defending champion, I thought he would have played, he did withdraw from a clay court tournament before Umag, ankle problem from Wimbledon, anyway it worked out well in the end, winning Umag. I take your point with the rain delays and extreme humidity at the Citi Open this year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Medvedev v Kyrgios if it happens should be an interesting & tough opener for Med
It will be interesting to see if Nick who just won singles and doubles titles in Washington can keep up his form for Monteral, meeting Med,who also won a title, his first this year,

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSicilian

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Sir Andrew Murray vs Fritz match has been moved to Tuesday
it would be not proper to have such a great "Knight" to have to play very late evening past his kids bedtime.

I hope De Minaur take out the Canadian version of Dennis mama's boy menace.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
it would be not proper to have such a great "Knight" to have to play very late evening past his kids bedtime.

I hope De Minaur take out the Canadian version of Dennis mama's boy menace.
Alex apparently has a H2H 2-1 against Dennis the Menace, thankfully he dosent look like a younger Hitler anymore, shaved off his mo.