2022 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Yeah I hope so. I don’t know why they’re deporting him, that seems excessive…
“A Home Office spokesperson told BBC Sport: "Any foreign national who is convicted of a crime and given a prison sentence is considered for deportation at the earliest opportunity."
Becker qualifies for automatic deportation as a foreign national who does not have British citizenship and received a custodial sentence of more than 12 months.”

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP 2022 Awards,
Necomer of the Year Holger Rune
Most Improved Player of the Year Carlos Alcaraz
Comeback Player of the Year Borna Coric
Coach of the Year Juan Carlos Ferrero
Arthur Ashe Humanitarian Award Andy Murray in recognition of his support for the humanitarian effects in Ukraine
Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award Casper Ruud

IW Masters 1000, Queens in London ATP500, Qatar ATP 250, have been named as Tournament of the Year in their respective categories in the 2022 ATP Awards.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Friday 16th Results at the Abu Dhabi exho,

Tsitsipas d Norrie 61 64, he will play Ruud tomorrow
Rublev d Coric 76(4) 64, he will play Alcaraz tomorrow.
Ons Jabeur defeats Emma Raducanu 57 63 10-6 to win the female exhibition match.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP 2022 Awards,
Necomer of the Year Holger Rune
Most Improved Player of the Year Carlos Alcaraz
Comeback Player of the Year Borna Coric
Coach of the Year Juan Carlos Ferrero
Arthur Ashe Humanitarian Award Andy Murray in recognition of his support for the humanitarian effects in Ukraine
Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award Casper Ruud

IW Masters 1000, Queens in London ATP500, Qatar ATP 250, have been named as Tournament of the Year in their respective categories in the 2022 ATP Awards.
Sir Andy should have fiero or FF3 present the award to him .

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I think it was very well deserved award. Since February this year Andy donated his prize money $630,000 to the Humanitarian Ukaraine Relief Fund to help children who are suffering in war times
That’s admirable, to put it mildly. He’s fortunate enough to be in the position to donate that much money, and does, instead of keeping it for himself.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Results of SFs at the Abu Dhabi exho

Tsitsipas d Ruud 62 62 to reach the final, 5 UFE in 2 sets, quite impressive

Rublev d Alcaraz 62 61....Rublev will play Tsitsipas in the final. Carlos was very rusty, which is understandable, first match back after his abdominal injury.

Not the best day for the US Open finalists, who will play for 3rd place tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Results in Abu Dhabi,

Ruud d Alcaraz 61 64 to finish in 3rd place

Tsitsipas d Rublev the defending champion, 62 46 62 to claim the Mubadala World Tennis Championship trophy.
What the hell is Alcaraz up to? He’s gone off the boil! He’s coming back from the injury? I know it’s only an exo but he’s leaking water at the mo..

Reactions: Fiero425

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What the hell is Alcaraz up to? He’s gone off the boil! He’s coming back from the injury? I know it’s only an exo but he’s leaking water at the mo..
He could be quite tentative because he might be nervous about reinjuring himself which if that is the case sit out and make sure you are fully healed.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
He could be quite tentative because he might be nervous about reinjuring himself which if that is the case sit out and make sure you are fully healed.

Maybe this, but I think we need to go to the usual suspect; "expectations!" Heaven knows I was highly impressed w/ his maturity and skill! He worked over the top players earlier in the season! Getting to #1 and keeping it solidified my belief that he could challenge some records, but the problem may be in him! Could be an early sophomore jinx along w/ breaking down because tennis is grueling these days! Pros can be pampered to death, but each match is a grind unlike in the past! :yawningface: :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well he has had some time off with his ab issue, he was rusty in both his matches
He will play Kooyong in January, another exho
Quite frankly I dont know if that is the way to go before a major , he needs match play, he could play in Adelaide where they are having 2 tournaments or Auckland, he would get a WC for sure.

Reactions: Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos didn't have a very difficult draw at the USO. No Tsitispas, No Sascha Zv , No Medvedev, no Djokovic No Rafa. I still feel he may be a bit overrated as El dude and some on this board has made him the NEXT Best but AO 2023 will most definitely show if he is better than I feel. I like his game but I need a larger sample size.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos didn't have a very difficult draw at the USO. No Tsitispas, No Sascha Zv , No Medvedev, no Djokovic No Rafa. I still feel he may be a bit overrated as El dude and some on this board has made him the NEXT Best but AO 2023 will most definitely show if he is better than I feel. I like his game but I need a larger sample size.
I dont think the USO draw has anything to do with his current form ,regardless who was in or out of the draw, his injury was quite severe, he is just coming back to tennis, he needs match play that is evident, I dont think playing exho's at this stage is the way to go before a major is in his best interests.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont think the USO draw has anything to do with his current form ,regardless who was in or out of the draw, his injury was quite severe, he is just coming back to tennis, he needs match play that is evident, I dont think playing exho's at this stage is the way to go before a major is in his best interests.
No no you are misinterpreting what my intent. It was not his draw but his draw of opponents. He didn't face one of the top players besides Rudd.

Status
Not open for further replies.