2022 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No no you are misinterpreting what my intent. It was not his draw but his draw of opponents. He didn't face one of the top players besides Rudd.
I understood what you meant, I could also quote another player in a GS that didnt face a top player either Novak at Wimbledon this year?
Point being is what going on presently in Alcaraz game? yes he is very rusty, he had a nasty ab injury, just returning to tennis, he needs match play, I dont feel playing 2 exho's before the AO is in his best interest that is all.

Reactions: tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I understood what you meant, I could also quote another player in a GS that didnt face a top player either Novak at Wimbledon this year?
Point being is what going on presently in Alcaraz game? yes he is very rusty, he had a nasty ab injury, just returning to tennis, he needs match play, I dont feel playing 2 exho's before the AO is in his best interest that is all.
Noted

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
No no you are misinterpreting what my intent. It was not his draw but his draw of opponents. He didn't face one of the top players besides Rudd.
He can only play who's in front of him. That being said, he won 3 consecutive 5 set matches. One against string bean who had his number this year and the other against Foe and the US crowds.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ivan Ljubicic has made his first move since Roger Federer's retirement, he has been signed up by the FFT to 'guide young French players along their chosen career path'.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Just put Novak and Rafa on the opposite side and the GOAT tennis gods will handle the rest.

Well at least you acknowledge Roger's out of the conversation! If he had retired sooner, there may have been musings of "what if," but he hung on too long & now we know for sure! Federer has a losing record against Nadovic and most of his ATP records have been broken, including some having to do with longevity & consistency as they have somehow kept up their fitness to compete closing in on 40! :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy::thinking-face:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Juan De Potro Hints of a potential return to tennis

https://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/ NET-Posts/December-2033/Del-Potro-Hints-at-Potenial-2023-return
2AD3C153-BFCB-41A6-BA6B-5909ECB5EB10.gif

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well at least you acknowledge Roger's out of the conversation! If he had retired sooner, there may have been musings of "what if," but he hung on too long & now we know for sure! Federer has a losing record against Nadovic and most of his ATP records have been broken, including some having to do with longevity & consistency as they have somehow kept up their fitness to compete closing in on 40! :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy::thinking-face:
I never quite understand this idea that someone's records might have been better if they'd retired earlier, particularly if they improved on them by hanging in. Roger won 3 Majors post 35, and made finals of at least one Wimbledon. What's bad about that? When would YOU have had him quit?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I never quite understand this idea that someone's records might have been better if they'd retired earlier, particularly if they improved on them by hanging in. Roger won 3 Majors post 35, and made finals of at least one Wimbledon. What's bad about that? When would YOU have had him quit?

Gawd, how many times have we gone over this? You have to be just trolling me! If you can't understand what I posted, I'll have to suspect willful ignorance! I already have said the best time to retire would have been after 2012 Wimbledon! The best examples of what early retiring does to a legacy is so obvious with a player like Borg! In football it was Jim Brown who held the rushing record for almost 30 years even though he only played 9 years and limited to 12 games! In basketball it was Jordon who retired twice only to return with limited success the 3rd time around! He hurt his legacy too and ended up doubly tragic when his management of a basketball team came into question! He's been the worst GM in the league! If you're still saying "duh, IDK WTF," sorry bout that! I've never dealt w/ "special needs!" :fearful-face: :thinking-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gawd, how many times have we gone over this? You have to be just trolling me! If you can't understand what I posted, I'll have to suspect willful ignorance! I already have said the best time to retire would have been after 2012 Wimbledon! The best examples of what early retiring does to a legacy is so obvious with a player like Borg! In football it was Jim Brown who held the rushing record for almost 30 years even though he only played 9 years and limited to 12 games! In basketball it was Jordon who retired twice only to return with limited success the 3rd time around! He hurt his legacy too and ended up doubly tragic when his management of a basketball team came into question! He's been the worst GM in the league! If you're still saying "duh, IDK WTF," sorry bout that! I've never dealt w/ "special needs!" :fearful-face: :thinking-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
If Roger had retired after 2012 Wimbledon, he'd have 3 fewer Majors. Why is that better? And forgive me if I haven't memorized, or even read, all of your posts.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
If Roger had retired after 2012 Wimbledon, he'd have 3 fewer Majors. Why is that better? And forgive me if I haven't memorized, or even read, all of your posts.

It did him little good adding those 3 majors He ended up being surpassed by 2 players anyway! He's srill in 3rd place behind Nadovic! Like Borg, we might have been able to muse "what if" instead of Roger limping out of the game embarrassing himself! :fearful-face: :thinking-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
No no Roger is a goat regardless of his current status

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Quite frankly I cannot see him playing tennis, he already stated he still has pain in his knee and cannot drive his car for a long period, due to pain. Thinking about it, maybe he might do some coaching in tennis, just my feelings.
Sometimes the thought of those fat tennis checks may lessen the chronic pain in the knees and other parts of the body.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This WTL doesn't seem to have a lot of crowds.. Events like this shows that if Rafa, Federer or the Williams Sisters show, it may be sold out. Too bad because the tennis has been good.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
This WTL doesn't seem to have a lot of crowds.. Events like this shows that if Rafa, Federer or the Williams Sisters show, it may be sold out. Too bad because the tennis has been good.

I wasn't even aware these kinds of events still went on; last ones in Asia League! It confuses me when top players complain about a long tennis season, then go for money grabs to play all kinds of exhibitions grinning from ear to ear on how much fun they're having! :facepalm: :rolleyes::slap::yawningface:

Status
Not open for further replies.