2022 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
wow, Stan having some good results. Hope he can transfer this over to events that count for ranking points......
In the SF match today Medvedev did defeat Stan 64 64 at the Diriyah Tennis Cup

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Results of SFs Diriyah Tennis Cup,

D. Medvedev d S.Wawinka 64 64
T. Fritz d C.Norrie 76(4) 46 10-6

Doubles SFs.

Berrettini/Rublev d Thiem/Zverev 63 76(3)
Hukacz/Strikcer d Tsitsipas/Kyrgios 76 76 73

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I must have missed something but I don’t understand kyrgios playing these things and skipping Paris. It’s like he’s slipped back to his bad old ways…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I must have missed something but I don’t understand kyrgios playing these things and skipping Paris. It’s like he’s slipped back to his bad old ways…
Good news, Nick will play RG in 2023, his girlfriend wants to see Paris in the Spring lol! Nick has never been a clay lover and quite frankly sucks on it:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He’s definitely not as serious as he was a few months ago…
It is the off season though he was playing in the Diriyah Tennis Cup in Saudi Arabia, today, for a good fee, even though he lost, good pocket money for Chrissy presents
Lets see if Nick gets serious again at the AO.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Saturday 10th, Diriyah Tennis Cup Finals,
Starting at 4pm,
Doubles Final,
M.Berrettini/A.Rublev vs H.Hubert/D.Stricker

Not before 6pm
Exhibition match

Starting at 8.00pm,
D. Medvedev vs T. Fritz ( winner will receive $1 million dollars)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
T.Fritz defeats D.Medvedev 76(5) 76 (3) to win the Diriyah Tennis Cup and picks up a cool $1 million for his efforts

In the doubles final,
Hubert/Stricker defeated Berrettini/Rublev 76(8) 36 10-7

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Polish player No 77 Kamil Majchrzak has tested positive in anti- doping controls in October- November period.
He has stated that he has never knowingly taken any banned substance , and will fight to prove my innocence and to return to the sport I love.
I await the day whenever a player comes forward to say, "Hell yeah I took the mentioned ban substance because I got tired of getting my ass kicked and I wanted to earned more money " Can you blame me?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The only thing good about December is Christmas and Hanukkah - I hate the "off season"!
And the frost and the snow and endless Bogart movies over Christmas. It’s my least favourite time of the year, except for the things I mentioned. Give me a hot sunny beach or a dense Roman piazza any time…

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Well, that's not a small compensation.

Mixed marriage w/ mixed religions made this part of season something to endure and get thru! As my new-stepad was Jewish we stopped putting up a Xmas tree when I was 14! We opened gifts Xmas Eve & the actually Day was dealing w/ family obligations on boths sides! After leaving home I tended to work thru the holidays allowing others with close-knit families to have the time off! Being a senior, it sneaks up on me since I barely think about what peope do traditionally! :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth: :yawningface:

Reactions: Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
And the frost and the snow and endless Bogart movies over Christmas. It’s my least favourite time of the year, except for the things I mentioned. Give me a hot sunny beach or a dense Roman piazza any time…
Well you are always welcome here Down Under, our Summer's are usually hot and swimming is a must to 'cool down' on our crowded beaches, being Italian I do pizza btw :)..... quite a contrast to European Christmas's though I must say I have always loved a 'white christmas".

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Well you are always welcome here Down Under, our Summer's are usually hot and swimming is a must to 'cool down' on our crowded beaches, being Italian I do pizza btw :)..... quite a contrast to European Christmas's though I must say I have always loved a 'white christmas".
Pizza, for Christmas dinner? That's a first for me! Australia is too far away for. It hasn't enticed me due to the distance, but I have family and friends who've loved their time there. A niece lived in Darwin for a few years, loved it and got her papers sorted to stay, then Covid hit and they disagreed with the states lockdown policies. They're back in Ireland now, much wealthier than they'd be in they never left here, but much colder too, and I'd say with fewer options for a better life for their kids. I suppose they can always return to Australia. Can't have been easy for their kids to come to Ireland, great as we are here... :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Borna Coric replaces Frances Tiafoe ( injury) at exho event in Abu Dhabi

Order of Play,

Friday December 16th,
Tsitsipas vs Norrie
Rublev vs Coric
Jabeur vs Raducanu

Saturday December 17 ( 5th place play - off 3pm)
Tsitsipas or Norrie vs Ruud
Alcaraz vs Rublev or Coric

Sunday December 18,
3rd place play off 1pm
Mens Final 3pm.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Borna Coric replaces Frances Tiafoe ( injury) at exho event in Abu Dhabi

Order of Play,

Friday December 16th,
Tsitsipas vs Norrie
Rublev vs Coric
Jabeur vs Raducanu

Saturday December 17 ( 5th place play - off 3pm)
Tsitsipas or Norrie vs Ruud
Alcaraz vs Rublev or Coric

Sunday December 18,
3rd place play off 1pm
Mens Final 3pm.
I still can't believe Rafa lost to Frances Tiafoe.. SMH2

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer
Status
Not open for further replies.