WTA News and Gossip 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Is Sloane still with Kamau Murray..I may get to visit his academy this week while I am in town for the holidays.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
33 year old Indian tennis player Sania Mirza has announced her intention to return to the WTA tour,two years after taking a break to have a baby.Mirza is set for a return in doubles,will partner Ukraine's Nadia Kichenok,ranked No38 in doubles,at the Hobart International then play the Australian Open.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kiki Bertens married Dutch tennis coach,Remko de Rijke on November 30th,Rijke who has also served as part of Bertens' team as a physiotherapist,fitness coach and hitting partner.It is the second consecutive year Bertens has finished in the Top Ten on the WTA Tour.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kiki Bertens married Dutch tennis coach,Remko de Rijke on November 30th,Rijke who has also served as part of Bertens' team as a physiotherapist,fitness coach and hitting partner.It is the second consecutive year Bertens has finished in the Top Ten on the WTA Tour.

Looks like he lived up to that role perfectly. :laugh:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here is anice picture of them
EK2KPCrWkAEFVix.jpg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Surprised Ash is splitting w/ Vika. Maybe Vika plans to retire or limit her schedule next year as she let Wim go too.

I was also surprised,they both had good results as a doubles team this year.To get her ranking up to me she needs to play more tournaments,though her personal situation may not allow that to happen.You could be right she may plan to retire at the end of this year.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wonder where my latest comments have gone - have I offended anyone or done something wrong?

Well - one can open his eyes, but it might have been a good idea to write that there was a new thread - eh?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Wonder where my latest comments have gone - have I offended anyone or done something wrong?

Well - one can open his eyes, but it might have been a good idea to write that there was a new thread - eh?

Check your inbox. You should have received notification that they were moved to the new thread.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA Tournament,Player and Coach Award winners announced,

WTA Premier Mandatory Indian Wells

WTA Premier 5 Dubai Duty Free Championships

WTA Premier Porsche Tennis Grand Prix (Stuttgart) and St Petersburg Ladies Trophy (tied)

WTA International Alberto Mexicano Telcel (Acapulco) and ASB Classic Auckland (tied)

Petra Kvitova wins seventh straight Karen Krantzcke Sportsmanship Award.

Craig Tyzzer receives WTA Coach of the Year Award (coach of Ash Barty)

Canada's Gabriela Dabrowski earns the Peachy Kellmeyer Player Services Award,recognizing the work she has done to support her fellow players as well as the wider initiatives on behalf of the WTA.

NB The annual WTA Player Awards,which highlight the top performer's of the season and is voted on by members of the international media,will be announced on Wednesday,December 11.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bianca Andreescu earns Canadian Athlete of the Year Honors.The US Open champion made history as the first tennis player to earn the Lou Marsh Trophy annually awarded to Canada's Athlete of the Year.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I heard an interview where Serena stated she wanted to have another baby close to Olympia's age so they could play together.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I heard an interview where Serena stated she wanted to have another baby close to Olympia's age so they could play together.
You know I was just thinking of that when I saw the picture of Wozy... I would think that she would go the route of a surrogate mother this time instead of the possibility of another difficult pregnancy. Either way, I would assume this is Serena’s last year.. Vee too.

Reactions: Tenfan63
Status
Not open for further replies.