WTA News and Gossip 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
2019 WTA Player Award Winners Announced;

WTA Player of the Year: Ashleigh Barty (AUS oi,oi,oi,)

WTA Doubles Team of the Year: Timea Babos (HUN)/Kristina Mladenovic (FRA)

WTA Most Improved Player of the Year: Sofia Kenin (USA)

WTA Newcomer of the Year: Bianca Andreescu (CAN)

WTA Comeback Player of the Year: Belinda Bencic (SUI)

WTA Jerry Diamond ACES Award: Kiki Bertens (NED),which is presented to the player who consistently goes above and beyond promoting the sport of women's tennis to fans,media and local communities by performing off court promotional and charitable initiatives.The WTA Jerry Diamond ACES Award was first introduced in 1995,in memory of former WTA CEO Jerry Diamond.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alize Cornet confirms she will be working with Sandra Zaniewska in 2020 (Zaniewska coming off a great season working with Petra Martic)

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Masha and Vika aren't on AO's entry list, they need a WC to play there ( if they really want to play)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Francesca Schiavone per Twitter,

" Hi everyone,upon 7-8 of silence from social media and from the world I wish to share with you what happened to me.A cancer had been diagnosed to me.I did chemotherapy,I fought a though battle and now I am still breathing.I have won this fight.And now I am back in action."
Forza Francesca!

Reactions: britbox and kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Masha and Vika aren't on AO's entry list, they need a WC to play there ( if they really want to play)

Victoria Azarenka revealed to have withdrawn prior to deadline.I am now trying to find out more info as to why? no news regarding Sharapova.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Victoria Azarenka has pulled out of next month's AO,her team cited 'personal reasons' as the cause and said she has the goal of returning to tour after the AO.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Naomi Osaka's management confirms she is now working with coach Wim Fissette,who has led severel WTA players to big successes in recent years.Osaka begins her 2020 campaign in Brisbane.

Tossip was right,she does get good mail,she said many months ago that Wim Fissette would be Osaka's new coach.I wonder who is going to coach Azarenka in 2020?

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Her situation really underscores why you have to be extra careful who you choose to procreate with.

Agree.Also there are a lot of rumours around that Azarenka will retire soon,which you have already stated,apart from withdrawing from the AO,she did not appear on any player lists of lead up tournaments before the AO, decided not to partner Barty in doubles this year,she does not have a coach at present.

Last edited:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Time for Yule and lots of fun. Here my greeting from last year - I still think it's good that's why you get it again ;)
yule201819-jpg.172208

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Although Aussie Daria Gavrilova injuries are getting better,she will not be 100% fit before the AO.Daria will take a special ranking and hopes to return to the tour in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.