WTA News and Gossip 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree with you. I don’t believe in all these lawsuits. I was just trying to explain her complaint. Given her results of late, she won’t have an option but to pursue another career.

The problem with these lawsuits for governing bodies of highly paid sports is that the top players are paid so well, it can mean near or absolute bankruptcy for the organisation if they lose. I feel they mitigate the risk of that rather than necessarily feeling they were in the wrong. It's like plea bargaining for the innocent.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agree.Also there are a lot of rumours around that Azarenka will retire soon,which you have already stated,apart from withdrawing from the AO,she did not appear on any player lists of lead up tournaments before the AO, decided not to partner Barty in doubles this year,she does not have a coach at present.
That would be a shame. I always felt Vika had something left in the tank and would find her way back.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That would be a shame. I always felt Vika had something left in the tank and would find her way back.
Vika is main problems on the court has always been she can't get out of her own way..plus she never had that one big weapon that could win her some free points..Vika is too inconsistent and really never been able to out grind the really tough matches..Now she is getting older and her body has not remained durable to make it to the later rounds of the tournaments. Clusters will face the same obstacles.. Serena's desire and serve has prolonged her career but her window is closing very rapidly. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.