WTA News and Gossip 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Is the "damage phase" of the trial over?

Talking of Genie whatever happened to her? It is long time since I saw her. Did this concussion injury caused serious damage to her and so she was sidelined or her game generally fell off due to her not having variety and not much of plan B.

At one time there was a Genie Army and the pandits projected her to rake in millions in endorsements being a Blue eyed Blonde, probably even surpassing Meldopova.

Last edited:

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Bouchard is playing challengers, and not having much success even at that level. She won millions in the lawsuit so I assume the motivation has diminished.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Bouchard is playing challengers, and not having much success even at that level. She won millions in the lawsuit so I assume the motivation has diminished.

I'm still trying to figure out her cause of action, much less her entitlement to $$! Her endorsements didn't diminish! Where's the loss? :whistle:

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
She was getting far in tournaments when she suffered the concussion so the claim that she lost out on prize money doesn’t seem unreasonable.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
She was getting far in tournaments when she suffered the concussion so the claim that she lost out on prize money doesn’t seem unreasonable.

I must be missing something! A wet floor in a locker room? It's to be expected and if she can't negotiate that as an athlete, maybe another vocation is in the cards for her! :whistle: :nono: :banghead: :facepalm: :cuckoo: :eek: :sick: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I agree with you. I don’t believe in all these lawsuits. I was just trying to explain her complaint. Given her results of late, she won’t have an option but to pursue another career.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
CoCo Vandeweghe and Marcos Giron clinch the 2020 Australian Open Wild Card Challenges.Both competed in the Oracle Challenger Series in Housten.Vandeweghe reached the final while Giron won the title.Had either player lost one round sooner,they would have fallen short of the top spot.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Barbora Strycova announces split with coach David Kotyza,

" David is one of the best coaches in the Czech Republic and because my tennis retirement is approaching I found it selfish to keep him at all costs."

Reactions: AnonymousFan

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
More power to her and her "right to her opinion!" There are plenty of these people out there who want to indulge in this practice, but then wonder why there are repercussions? Trump has an opinion as well on people, places, & things! I don't think we have to agree with it and have every right to criticize him for them! Free speech can come with a very high price depending on the opinion and circumstances! This was a bad time for Court to be so upfront and honest about how she feels about GAY people! This reminded me of a manager of an apt. complex where I lived! I guess she felt compelled to "save me," lecturing me, proselytizing to no end! She knew she stepped over the line by asking that I don't make a big deal out of it and report her to her bosses! It's not like these people don't realize you can't always get away with "free speech!" I didn't make her pay, but should have! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :eek:

Yeah, Trump does have an opinion and last time I checked he's your president.

Margaret Court isn't being recognised for Gay Rights - leave that to BJK. She's up for consideration in relation to her tennis achievements. Now, correct me if I'm wrong - her tennis achievements were incredible. Margaret Court is well-deserving of any recognition when it comes to sports.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Karolina Pliskova new coach is Dani Vallverdu.In addition to Vallverdu,Pliskova confirms she will also bring on Olga Savchuk to her coaching team,Savchuk worked with Pliskova this season during the week she won Zhengzhou.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.