WTA News and Gossip 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Osaka said in her press conference her father was only a fill in coach,though I must say since he came on board,she won Osaka and Beijing tournaments,playing the brand of tennis she is capable of.Maybe this is just a coincidence that Sascha is now available to coach in 2020.I guess we will see at the end of the year,or early in 2020.
Interesting

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

The only thing we don't know - how long will she play in 2020 - only confirmed Auckland and Australian Open

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Time for som new Danish sayings translated directly -have fun
EIirdQLXUAA2S8U.jpg:large

Reactions: AnonymousFan

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
knee injured Clijsters delays her come back, she won't play in january as expected

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Vince Evert as promised Channel Nine will televise Live the tie for the Fed Cup Final live from Perth,
Australia vs France,

Saturday November 9 and Sunday November 10.....

Sydney and Melbourne from 2.00pm
Brisbane from 1.00pm
Perth from 11.00am (Perth and Brisbane do no have Day Light Saving).

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Margaret Court's still paying for intolerant attitude about gay marriage after 2 years! She's looking for recognition/50th Ann. of her Cal. Yr. GS like Rod Laver did earlier this year at the AO tourney! She's beggin' for an invitation that may never come! She'll be lucky if they don't take her name off the existing stadium! :eek:

- https://au.sports.yahoo.com/margaret-courts-call-recognised-aus-open-splits-fans-041814469.html -

'Hypocrite': Margaret Court's controversial recognition call divides tennis world

Court wants the same recognition that was afforded to Rod Laver's 1969 Grand Slam anniversary at the Australian Open earlier this year, and says she won't return to Melbourne Park unless she is formally welcomed back.

Court, who holds the all-time record of 24 grand slam singles titles, has not attended the Australian Open since 2017, when she was heavily criticized after voicing her opposition to same-sex marriage. ………:nono: :facepalm: :cuckoo: :negative: :eek: :sick: :rip:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Margaret Court's still paying for intolerant attitude about gay marriage after 2 years! She's looking for recognition/50th Ann. of her Cal. Yr. GS like Rod Laver did earlier this year at the AO tourney! She's beggin' for an invitation that may never come! She'll be lucky if they don't take her name off the existing stadium! :eek:

- https://au.sports.yahoo.com/margaret-courts-call-recognised-aus-open-splits-fans-041814469.html -

'Hypocrite': Margaret Court's controversial recognition call divides tennis world

Court wants the same recognition that was afforded to Rod Laver's 1969 Grand Slam anniversary at the Australian Open earlier this year, and says she won't return to Melbourne Park unless she is formally welcomed back.

Court, who holds the all-time record of 24 grand slam singles titles, has not attended the Australian Open since 2017, when she was heavily criticized after voicing her opposition to same-sex marriage. ………:nono: :facepalm: :cuckoo: :negative: :eek: :sick: :rip:

Even though I do not agree with Margaret's views she has a right to her opinion full stop.I think she should have the same recognition as Rod Laver.Court has 64 GS titles and should be rewarded for her tennis accomplishments.I read today she will be attending the Fed Cup final in Perth over the weekend,her home town and will meet with Craig Tiley to discuss this further.I attended a lunch a few years back with Ken Rosewall at Tennis NSW ,where she was the guest speaker,she was a delight to listen to,also answered many questions,I personally spoke to Margaret after the luncheon was finished.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Even though I do not agree with Margaret's views she has a right to her opinion full stop.I think she should have the same recognition as Rod Laver.Court has 64 GS titles and should be rewarded for her tennis accomplishments.I read today she will be attending the Fed Cup final in Perth over the weekend,her home town and will meet with Craig Tiley to discuss this further.I attended a lunch a few years back with Ken Rosewall at Tennis NSW ,where she was the guest speaker,she was a delight to listen to,also answered many questions,I personally spoke to Margaret after the luncheon was finished.

More power to her and her "right to her opinion!" There are plenty of these people out there who want to indulge in this practice, but then wonder why there are repercussions? Trump has an opinion as well on people, places, & things! I don't think we have to agree with it and have every right to criticize him for them! Free speech can come with a very high price depending on the opinion and circumstances! This was a bad time for Court to be so upfront and honest about how she feels about GAY people! This reminded me of a manager of an apt. complex where I lived! I guess she felt compelled to "save me," lecturing me, proselytizing to no end! She knew she stepped over the line by asking that I don't make a big deal out of it and report her to her bosses! It's not like these people don't realize you can't always get away with "free speech!" I didn't make her pay, but should have! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :eek:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Former World No4 and 2016 WT Finals Champion Dominika Cibulokova has announced her retirement at age 30., after a recurring Achilles injury.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.