The United Cup

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Back to back DFs Rafa to start the 3rd set...I havent time for this rubbish it is New Year's Eve here and I am going out...
Maybe practicing with Sasha yesterday has rubbed off on you in the serve department no?
Broken?
Gotdammitt, I just watched a replay of the match for the 3rd time on T'C. Why does Rafa plays with so much caution..e.g. He is playing passively and resetting the points instead of trying to dictate and control the rallies.. What does he has to loose..Just Rip and let it fly. Gotdammitt!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gotdammitt, I just watched a replay of the match for the 3rd time on T'C. Why does Rafa plays with so much caution..e.g. He is playing passively and resetting the points instead of trying to dictate and control the rallies.. What does he has to loose..Just Rip and let it fly. Gotdammitt!
You watched that match for the 3rd time? lol!....when Rafa was playing the exho matches in South America not so long ago, he was more aggressive and coming to the net more, shortening the points, I dont know why he did not imploy the same tactics on the HC's

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You watched that match for the 3rd time? lol!....when Rafa was playing the exho matches in South America not so long ago, he was more aggressive and coming to the net more, shortening the points, I dont know why he did not imploy the same tactics on the HC'sdoe
If I was in the interview room I would ask him during the pressor, Rafa Why in the F do you play so passively. Novak NEVER plays passively.. There's no rational for his passive play.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If I was in the interview room I would ask him during the pressor, Rafa Why in the F do you play so passively. Novak NEVER plays passively.. There's no rational for his passive play.
The main question from journos at present is asking Rafa....when are you going to retire? lol! I must say Rafa is over that question being asked and I dont blame him,. BTW four letters words are not allowed in the press room :) so you would have to reword your question to Rafa.

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Spain has to win all their matches (3) against GBR later today to stay in contention in the United Cup....

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AP if you are around,
GBR defeated Spain 4-1, though Rafa will get to play another singles match later today against Aussie Alex de Minaur
I saw the ladies match this morning, Badosa and the Brit lady was knocking the crap out of the ball. They're consistently hitting the ball deeper than Rafa's balls but we all know it's due partly because of his excessive topspins. He will get better.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw the ladies match this morning, Badosa and the Brit lady was knocking the crap out of the ball. They're consistently hitting the ball deeper than Rafa's balls but we all know it's due partly because of his excessive topspins. He will get better.
Yes it was a nail biting match, last time Paula and Harriet met, Harriet won....Paula was suffering with leg cramps, she got through it finally.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fritz d Zverev 61 64 and USA are just 1 match away from being in Wednesday's final against GBR
Fritz has played well at the United Cup, Zverev far from his best, needs more match play,which is understandable seeing he hasnt been on the tour for 7 months

• Wow
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fritz d Zverev 61 64 and USA are just 1 match away from being in Wednesday's final against GBR
Fritz has played well at the United Cup, Zverev far from his best, needs more match play,which is understandable seeing he hasnt been on the tour for 7 months
For all I don't care for Zverev, it's good to see he's back. Will be interesting to see how he progresses, post-injury.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
For all I don't care for Zverev, it's good to see he's back. Will be interesting to see how he progresses, post-injury.
Zverev said fitness wise and speed around the court needs to improve,though he has to remember he fractured 3 bones in his foot, had surgery, and then got edema in his foot, he said he is lacking in match play, he has been off the tour for around 7 months, it may take awhile to get back into his previous form

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A comprehensive win from Madison Keys over Julie Niemeier 62 63.....USA 2-0 over Germany
USA now qualify to play GRB in the Sydney final on Wednesday in Sydney

Last edited:

Tennis_Steve

Futures Player
Reactions
Zverev 2nd serve woes continued.

Nadal..
As Jim Courier pointed out during the De Minaur match -
Up to the ab injury last year Nadal went on a great run of wins, had a massively positive win / loss ratio.
Post injury he has a significant losing W-L record.
Locker room senses this.

Time will tell.
I'll watch, one way or the other..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vince Evert General Tennis Discussions 5