The United Cup

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Greek Goddess should just retire now. She cannot get out of her own way. I like Trevisan, but there's no good reason the Greek should be getting bossed by her on a faster HC.
Well it was another surprise win, agree the faster court favored Sakkari, maybe if she cut off that top notch, her head may become lighter and she could think clearer at times :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the other s/final Italy lead Greece overnight 2-0
In the mes singles match Tsitsipas d Berrettini 46 76(2) 64
Lucia Bronzetti clinched Italy's place in the final against USA with a 62 63 win over Valentini Grammatikopoulou
Italy 3-1

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Trevisan I feel had nothing much left in the tank after her tough victory over Sakkari yesterday, Jess really has exposed Trevisan on a fast hard court, her positioning, shot selection and at times she was hesitant to come to the net,I also felt she could have used her slice more, though the more she plays on HC the more confident in her shots will become I feel.

Pegula d Trevisan 64 62....Jess had a little blip when she was serving for the match at 6-1 broken, overall, a solid performance from Jess!

USA lead Italy 1-0

Tiafoe won by retirement over Musetti 62....Musetti had the physio out and sustained a right shoulder injury and had to retire

USA lead Italy 2-0
T. Fritz d M. Berrettini in 2 tough t/breakers sets 76(4) 76 (6) he was the better player,played aggressive when needed, held his nerve throughout the match

USA 3-0 Congratulations winning the inaugural United Cup, they were the stand out team all tournament!

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vince Evert General Tennis Discussions 5