The United Cup

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Very positive signs from Petra Kvitova defeating #3 Jess Pegula 76 (7) 64 in Sydney
Next up Tiafoe v Machac.....USA lead CZE 2-1
Machac had to be wheeled off court after going over on his ankle. Tiafoe wins by retirement 63 2-4
That secures a win for USA over Czech 3-1, a mixed doubles match today, then a couple of days off before facing Germany

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Aussie Ajila Tomiljanovic out of today's match against GBR., with a knee injury ( AUS already doen 0-2) Madison Inglis will now play Harriet Dart in a must win for Australia

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nick Kyrgios has been practicing, his ankle must not be that 'bad' that he had to withdraw a day before, the Australian team was to play against GBR !.. Llyeton Hewitt, team captain, wasnt too pleased with Nick's late withdrawal, as he said this is a 'team event' it dosent revolve around 1 player, also Nick left it to the last minute to inform him ..lets see how he preforms at the AO without a warm up tournament

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
First round of the United Cup complete,
Greece d Bulgaria 5-0
Swiss d Kazakstan 5-0
USA d Czech Republic 4-1
Italy d Brazil 3-2
France d Argentina 5-0

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In Sydney, GER V CZE
Jiri Lehecka d A. Zverev 64 62.....Sasha was rusty in this match up , 8 DFs and his 2nd serve was very vunerable ( Sasha and Rafa were practicing yesterday btw), it was Sasha's first match in over 7 months
M.Bouzkova d J. Niemeier 62 75
CZE leads GER 2-0

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa and Cam at a set apiece. Cam takes his first set off of Rafa?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Back to back DFs Rafa to start the 3rd set...I havent time for this rubbish it is New Year's Eve here and I am going out...
Maybe practicing with Sasha yesterday has rubbed off on you in the serve department no?
Broken?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That errant ball toss Rafa is one of the reasons you may lose to Cam Norrie for the 1st time?

Tennis_Steve

Futures Player
Reactions
I'm enjoying the matches via TennisTV.

It's an interesting format and the fact it carries individual ATP / WTA ranking points legitimises it - not another exho, IMO.

It's a bit hard to keep track of who's beaten who, especially as I avoid media results so as not to spoil matches that have happened that I want to watch.

TennisTV is interestingly showing both Men's and Women's, as well as the doubles, matches!

Background..
The WTA and ATP split a few years ago with the ATP being covered by TennisTV and the WTA setting up their own WTATV.

It basically cost twice as much for both all of a sudden!

Then Amazon UK bought into both ATP and WTA, with nearly complete coverage.
WTATV became unavailable in the UK!

I kept TennisTV for the few extra ATP tournaments they cover.

This dual coverage is a bonus.

I've heard that ATP and WTA are aligning more (cost saving perhaps, for one or both having that need?),
a common TennisTV service could be one path!

Tennis_Steve

Futures Player
Reactions
Great wins for team GB by Dartboard, Nos, and Swany as the bench is addressing them as / shouting encouragement

Henman must be on something

• Haha

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That errant ball toss Rafa is one of the reasons you may lose to Cam Norrie for the 1st time?
Rafa was dropping the ball so short , doesn't he realizes that is a big no no especially knowing Moxie and myself will crucify him on there boards .. jajaja n not a bad match by Nadal. He has a few things to tighten up..he played like early ATP tournament Nadal today..no worries he will improve

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa was dropping the ball so short , doesn't he realizes that is a big no no especially knowing Moxie and myself will crucify him on there boards .. jajaja n not a bad match by Nadal. He has a few things to tighten up..he played like early ATP tournament Nadal today..no worries he will improve
Rafa was rusty in a few area's, he knows where he has to improve, honestly the serve needs a lot of attention, starting with the ball toss

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vince Evert General Tennis Discussions 5