Simona Halep suspended for positive doping test taken at US Open

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just returned from the gym and had the time to read the report from CAS on Halep's case

The Cas panel found that Halep did bear some level of fault or negligence for her violations, as she did not exercise sufficient care when using the Keto MCT supplement, it concluded that she bore not significant fault or negligence.
The CAS panel seemed to contradict themselves, they also said, ' it was not comfortably satisfied' Halep had committed an offence and the panel dismissed the charge?
Am I missing something here? or is CAS missing something?

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Just gag me already. Her faith in the process was tested. This is the same process that she was whining taking too long to render their decision.

If I was Lepchenko, I would sue. How can they give her a 4 year ban and then reduce Simo to a slap on the wrist.
Very good point. Disgusting.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The thing that makes me angry is the number of people saying she is innocent because of this. I just want to scream, she isn’t clean, her ban was reduced dumb***es. It makes me so mad that something like this happens, and people say there she is innocent. She isn’t. What trash.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Simona Halep responds to the CAS decision,

" My faith in the process was tested by the scandalous accusations that were levelled against me, and by the seemingly unlimited resources that were aligned against me. I cannot wait to return to the tour".
Somebody may have just gotten paid some big money to overturned this decision.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I need the CAS to come out with a statement to clarify for people that her ban was overturned. She is still guilty of doping whether intentional or not. They shouldn’t overturn a ban and somehow allow this narrative of innocence to form in anyway. While I don’t like Sharapova and her doping, the one thing I could respect in the end is that at least Sharapova admitted it was her fault and ultimately her responsibility to make sure she was adhering to guidelines. Halep deserved every bit of the flack she got. She shouldn’t think otherwise either.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I need the CAS to come out with a statement to clarify for people that her ban was overturned. She is still guilty of doping whether intentional or not. They shouldn’t overturn a ban and somehow allow this narrative of innocence to form in anyway. While I don’t like Sharapova and her doping, the one thing I could respect in the end is that at least Sharapova admitted it was her fault and ultimately her responsibility to make sure she was adhering to guidelines. Halep deserved every bit of the flack she got. She shouldn’t think otherwise either.
They're not going to do it. If they were going to issue something, the time was when they reduced her ban. Just like the ATP didn't release a statement when they removed Red's DQ last week. It's all idiotic. Anytime they are steppin in and "playing God", they need to verbalize it w/ a written statement.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
James Blake, tournament director Miami,, was on Twitter earlier welcoming back Simona, I have no words!
I think all this siding with a doper is sickening and I think this has a lot to do with Cahill.All the commentary box from ESPN and Tennis channel is celebrating and assigning the blame on Patrick as if he forced to do anything.Medusa had the audacity of saying that Patrick must be investigated and sanctioned.I think they are after Serena that's who they hate the most.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think all this siding with a doper is sickening and I think this has a lot to do with Cahill.All the commentary box from ESPN and Tennis channel is celebrating and assigning the blame on Patrick as if he forced to do anything.Medusa had the audacity of saying that Patrick must be investigated and sanctioned.I think they are after Serena that's who they hate the most.
It is 'sickening' quite frankly everyone is welcoming her back as it she has done nothing wrong at all, Cahill has always been on her side, has come on twitter many times, saying he knows she would not dope? agree they are now going after Patrick saying it is his fault, though everyone has forgotten noone forced Simona to take those pills she did it of her own accord, the onus must lie with her, though she gets off only serving 9 months of a 4 year ban, CAS is as weak as water, letting her off, I have no faith in them period!

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Everyone is forgetting, whatever juice she used to win Toronto will not be present this time around. How will she perform when she's under the magnifying glass w/ no juice? She will end up like Pova who never won a tournament in her return and went out rather early to most players.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will be interested to see what coaching arrangements/team Halep has in place for Miami, she hasnt got much time before it starts

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Hallelujah to that result. I just had a thought there actually. I wonder, I really wonder are the CAS so dirty they take hush money to overturn decisions and reduce bans because guess who is a billionaire and comes from Romania and was clearly supportive of that dopefiend? Ion Tiriac. He could have easily given them 10+ million to let her off the hook as it's peanuts to him. A very big possibility I reckon.

Reactions: tossip

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Just A Reminder of Simona Haleps comments on Sharapova in April 2017,

"For the kids, for the young players, it is not okay to help a players with a wild card who was banned for doping"

Halep returns from her doping ban with a wild card at the Miami Open!
I thought you knew. Those same rules don't apply to her because she is unequivocally innocent of all charges against her. Sigh .....

• Angry
Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Poor Caroline Woznicaki has been asked her opinion of Halep coming back to the tour after her doping ban was squashed leave 'the clean players alone' for goodness sakes, .

Reactions: Moxie and tossip