Simona Halep suspended for positive doping test taken at US Open

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I love Chris, and I'm sorry she's likely emotional due to her recent bout w/ cancer, but she should stay out of this. She doesn't live w/ the woman and cannot vouch for what she would or wouldn't do. No one is responsible for doping until they get caught, and even then there's "always a dog ate my homework excuse" that's supposed to make all this magically go away. To me doping is a sign of desperation. Nice people dope too.
Chris has been very vocal on twitter of late sticking up for Halep, as I have said many times in this post, the onus is on the player, Chris has a bigger battle on her hands with her cancer coming back for the second time, she should be concentrating on herself and stay off twitter, just my thoughts

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Chris has been very vocal on twitter of late sticking up for Halep, as I have said many times in this post, the onus is on the player, Chris has a bigger battle on her hands with her cancer coming back for the second time, she should be concentrating on herself and stay off twitter, just my thoughts
It's always on the player. You notice the coach isn't required to make an appearance. It's not their blood and urine up for analysis. It's just that no one wants to get caught and be known as a cheater so they all blame shift. All these years and that German kid is the only one who makes an admittance because he chose to retire from tennis than go through a myriad of excuses as to why he ducked testing.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I love Chris, and I'm sorry she's likely emotional due to her recent bout w/ cancer, but she should stay out of this. She doesn't live w/ the woman and cannot vouch for what she would or wouldn't do. No one is responsible for doping until they get caught, and even then there's "always a dog ate my homework excuse" that's supposed to make all this magically go away. To me doping is a sign of desperation. Nice people dope too.
Yes.. Halep was desperate because she was clearly on the decline.I also think Raducanu took something to win the Open,and she came from nowhere to number one.It was all strategized by her handler who also handled pova.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently Simona Halep is playing an exho in Vegas in June, with Andre and Graf, who have been supportive of Halep.
Is she allowed to play exho's? ( maybe it is Pickle ball :)
Simona Haleps hearing appeal to challenge 4 year doping ban set for February 7-9 2024.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Media Release, February 9, 2024,
Tennis - Anti-Doping,
The CAS Hearing in the Arbitration involving Simona Halep (ROM) and the International Tennis Integrity Agency has concluded.
The parties have been informed that the CAS Panel in charge of the matter will now deliberate and prepare the Arbitral Award containing its decision and grounds.No particular date was announced with respect to the notification of the final decision.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Apparently Simona Halep is playing an exho in Vegas in June, with Andre and Graf, who have been supportive of Halep.
Simona Haleps hearing appeal to challenge 4 year doping ban set for February 7-9 2024.
So they are co-signing drugging in sport.I think she is guilty of something because the way she played in Toronto was telling.She was declining and then from nowhere won Toronto...nah she is guilty until proven innocent.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So they are co-signing drugging in sport.I think she is guilty of something because the way she played in Toronto was telling.She was declining and then from nowhere won Toronto...nah she is guilty until proven innocent.
Well there has been 2 doping allegations against Halep , ( one on her athletic passport) so we will have to wait and see if the powers to be will reduce her sentence or not.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
According to ITF:
The tennis player will be ineligible to compete in or attend any tennis events organized by the governing bodies of the sport while suspended. So maybe this exho is not organized by the governing bodies. And if it's pickeball it certainly wouldn't apply.

Interesting enough, I went back and read Varvara's case and she pretty much cited the same thing Halep did, that her supplements were contaminated. The CAS didn't agree that it completely removed her liability and gave her a 4 year suspension backdated to 2021. She will be eligible to return next August when she is 39

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
According to ITF:
The tennis player will be ineligible to compete in or attend any tennis events organized by the governing bodies of the sport while suspended. So maybe this exho is not organized by the governing bodies. And if it's pickeball it certainly wouldn't apply.

Interesting enough, I went back and read Varvara's case and she pretty much cited the same thing Halep did, that her supplements were contaminated. The CAS didn't agree that it completely removed her liability and gave her a 4 year suspension backdated to 2021. She will be eligible to return next August when she is 39
Varvara has been caught before so she is a repeat offender.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I noticed that too and according to the ITF records, they didn't use her previous incident when considering her sentence because she was actually cleared of that one. That previous violation in 2016 was for taking Meldonium (Pova's drug of choice). I think it was actually determined she had a medical reason for taking the Meldo.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

I have to laugh after I looked up her heritage! Of course she's Russia born! They have an affinity with taking something to help their performances! Some Figure Skaters are still banned, but not just for drug supplementing; the conflict vs Ukraine! :angry-face: :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :fearful-face:

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
According to ITF:

It will be interesting to see if the same happens to Halep, saying her supplements were contaminated, though she has has doping on her athletic passport as well, which has to be taken into consideration.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have to laugh after I looked up her heritage! Of course she's Russia born! They have an affinity with taking something to help their performances! Some Figure Skaters are still banned, but not just for drug supplementing; the conflict vs Ukraine! :angry-face: :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :fearful-face:
Zverev was also abusing meldonium...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Zverev was also abusing meldonium...
I don't think there's any proof of that. Be careful when mud is slung. The internet can say anything. Zverev is a diabetic, but I don't think meldonium has anything to do with that. But he does have to be very careful, and is rather monitored.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Simona is getting a lot of support from former players like Cljisters and Roddick.They are assigning the blame on Patrick and are saying he caused all this mess.She has the final say on what goes into her body and has the right to refuse the supplements.So they are selective on who to support...She is guilty and must serve her full punishment.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Simona is getting a lot of support from former players like Cljisters and Roddick.They are assigning the blame on Patrick and are saying he caused all this mess.She has the final say on what goes into her body and has the right to refuse the supplements.So they are selective on who to support...She is guilty and must serve her full punishment.
Agree, the onus is on Simona, noone forced her to take the supplements for starters.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Simona Halep filed a $10 million lawsuit against a Canadian company that provided the supplements she used.
Laughable tbh. The only way this supplement was contaminated was if Patrick the jammy dodger stuck something dodgy in it. Collagen is for joints and skin. It doesn't contain endurance enhancing medication. Halep is so dumb. The company should sue her for being so dumb.