2019 Wimbledon Final: Serena Williams vs. Simona Halep

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tented

Administrator
Reactions
She needs to find the right frame of mind for this. She’s lost too many SFs & finals because she’s let her emotions get the better of her. And Saturday will be huge. She knows this is one of, if not her last, chance to get to 24, and she’ll blow it if she isn’t careful. Venus needs to sit her down, and drill it into her head that when (not if) something bad happens (wrong line call/replay the point, code violation, foot fault, whatever) she must let it go, because there won’t be a damn thing she can do to change it.

That said, I’m going with Serena in 3.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena has a good h2h and it will be 10th win over Halep...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena Williams,37 291 days,is the oldest WTA Grand Slam finalist in the Open Era.( Martina Navratilova was 37,258 days).

Serena Williams and Simona Halep are the only two players to have made a major final in each of the last three WTA seasons.

12 different semi finalists at Majors this year,to me that is a testament to the depth of talent in the WTA.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena to make history and tie with Margaret Court's 24 Grand Slam Singles Titles,also Serena's eighth Wimbledon title.

Serena in 3 sets,I expect Halep to push her.( I would prefer straight sets).

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
A midget versus a bodybuilder. Fair fight. Expect tons of unsporting, stupid screams from Serena and plenty of horrible stares which she has made her trademark like Sharadopa.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
A midget versus a bodybuilder. Fair fight. Expect tons of unsporting, stupid screams from Serena and plenty of horrible stares which she has made her trademark like Sharadopa.
do you ever get tired of ...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
All the time. That's why I rarely ever watch women's tennis anymore. It's crap for years now.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
hope Simona"ll beat awful bad mannered Williams

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Last year when they came, Serena got spanked by Kerbie. :spank2:

Well Duchess Meghan is Serena's close friend,she has already been at one of Serena's matches. this Wimbledon..which she won....see the Hex has already been broken:)....Duchess Kate is the Patron of Wimbledon,someone can get her drunk on Pimms before the match and will be ushered out the back and driven home ASAP:)..Problem solved:)

Last edited:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well Duchess Meghan is Serena's close friend,she has already been at one of Serena's matches. this Wimbledon..which she won....see the Hex has already been broken:)....Duchess Kate is the Patron of Wimbledon,someone can get her drunk on Pimms before the match and will be ushered out the back and driven home ASAP:)..Problem solved:)
Duchess Meghan...it makes me laugh !!