Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muguruza in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Well Halep looked truly fantastic in the little bit I saw against Kontaveit. Kontaveit just not up to the task in her first slam quarter. But Halep has really looked fantastic the entire tournament. Playing like a favorite. Just had the easier draw than Pliskova and Osaka did to be sure. Though. At least for Osaka, she just had a mental lapse against Gauff. Obviously Gauff is very good with a huge future. Osaka still shouldn't have lost that one. At least not in straights. But back to Halep.

Muguruza will be a tough test. She passed the Mertens test (who had beaten her the last time they'd played, for her first win). But Muguruza has 3 wins over her. To 2 losses. But still. Muguruza looks back to near her best. Has also had an easier draw. But not easier than Halep. Halep should win it. Could take three sets though. But Muguruza could just as easily come out and blank her. She's won all three of her matches on hard courts. Halep has won both of her matches on the clay. Muguruza crushed her in the 2017 Cincy final. STILL. After two years of struggles from Muguruza, you can say she's the favorite in this match until she wins it. Halep just too solid for much of the last two years. But Anisimova did crush her at the French last year. So it can certainly still be done.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I like both of them so difficult to pick up one of them...I'm going with Simona nevertheless, I guess she's stronger than Garbine for the moment

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The last time they played in a slam, Simo picked her apart at RG. It was a straight set sweep. Halep can put the squeeze on Mugu and extend the court causing her to go for too much. I don't see it happening in straights, but I see the same winner as last time.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Both looking good so far. Halep being her dogged self, getting an early break point. Slightly easier hold for Muguruza this time. Halep holding easy the second time. Both serving fairly well. Both trying to hit the cover off the ball.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Gee your actually watching a match? good for you instead of reading tennis blogs to get your information.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Muguruza getting in some really solid returns this game. Playing first strike tennis. Halep saves the first first break point with a great down the line forehand but Muguruza missing the ball long on the second break point. Halep winning it from there. Couple errors from Muguruza.

And that feels like it'll be the tale of the match. If Muguruza can miss less, she'll win more of the short points. If Halep can pull her into the longer drawn out rallies, she'll win more of those. Halep will likely be the cleaner player no matter what. But if Muguruza can thread the needle with her slight power advantage then she has a very good chance to take this one.

ANnnd first point of Muguruza's service game, Halep challenges and Muguruza's dtl forehand was just long. But she takes the same shot the next point and keeps it short. Halep can get a racket on it this time but not enough. Muguruza misses the second shot on her next point. But takes full advantage of the short return from Halep on the next point. Back and forth, back and forth. Hopefully it's this great battle the whole time.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
^ Gee your actually watching a match? good for you instead of reading tennis blogs to get your information.

You talkin to me? Not entirely sure what you're talkin about. I've been able to watch pieces of a lot of matches this fortnight.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done to Garbine she gets the early break in the 1st set,she is really bringing her shots to Halep

They should close the roof,play is still suspended on the out side courts,this will be advantage to Garbine

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
First break to Muguruza. Hanging tough until she can come up with some sublime shots there. Definitely got her mojo back.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Yes I am talking to you,you have not watched all the matches this week,dont pretend you do,you get your info from tennis site and blogs.

Soooo that's my question. Obviously I haven't watched all the matches. I haven't commented on all the matches. I don't read blogs at all. I wouldn't know where to find tennis blogs. I catch bits and pieces of stuff and often get to hear commentators talk about stuff and try to mention that when I do.

The info I get from the tennis magazine site is just at the beginning of the tournament when I do writes ups of what they pick and have to say about who will do what.

My question is, like, I can't totally tell your tone obviously. Does something about my posts bother you? Are you under the impression that I just steal what I say from others? I'm confused.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
I have already said that Garbine broken....no need to double up

Ok. What is your deal? I obviously am not gonna catch every time someone else posts. I post and then it doesn't refresh on it's own. I'm just following the match.

I don't know why I bother you. Or what I've done. You're welcome to tell me. Or not. I'm curious. But I don't know that I actually care. I'm gonna keep doing whatever I please though. Ya know. Because you don't control me. Double ups happen all the time. At least on the men's side where more people watch.

You have a good one.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Good girl, Simo breaks back

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Goodness gravy. 8 points on the run for Halep. Back to 5-5. I missed it though. Because I was wasting my time responding to Margaret.

Reactions: herios

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Goodness gravy. 8 points on the run for Halep. Back to 5-5. I missed it though. Because I was wasting my time responding to Margaret.
Let's focus on the match, it is a good one