Simona Halep suspended for positive doping test taken at US Open

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Simona Halep responds to Caroline Wozniacki's statement that players who tested positive for doping shouldn't be given wildcards,
"It wasnt doping, I'm not a cheater"
Caroline Wozniacki was here today earlier and said she dosen't believe people out of the game for the reasons you were shouldn't be given wildcards fir competition
Simona "When did she say that?"
In the press conference,
Simona,
"Yeah, but why? I didnt do anything wrong. I didnt cheat. I didnt dope.So its better if we read the decision from CAS that it was contaminated supplement, it wasn't doping.I never had something to do with doping.I never doped.Thank you to the tournament ( James Blake) and have the possibility to play in such a big tournament.Only one person being negative about me is not important because I have hundreds of people that are giving me love, so I will take that" ( via Miami Press)
:face-vomiting::pile-of-poo::skull-and-crossbones::lightning::rip:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
She is still denying that she used a banned substance..tsk tsk
Utterly despicable. Let's say she didn't intentionally take this (only an idiot would believe the contaminated collagen nonsense), she should realize she still had increased stamina for the all the time she was on it. You can bet she won't be forfeiting prize money or handing trophies back...

If Patrick M gave her some "super vitamins", it's still up to her to do her research on what she's taking since she's the player taking them. Can't stand this blame the team mentality. If anything you take is a banned substance due to its performance enhancing benefits, it's your fault ultimately. She's a total joke, a loser and in denial with her pathetic insistence that she's not a cheater. Not doing proper research on the crap you took and playing enhanced and reaping the rewards makes you a doper so sorry, Simona, but you ARE a cheater. The stuff she was taking is used by cyclists who are filthy dopers and would not be in collagen ffs. Own up to being a dirty cheat. You're just ashamed and disgusted you got caught!

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well, I think Halep is getting a lot of the blame shifted from her because Patrick is such a dirtbag. The bottom line for me though is Patrick is not a nutrition expert or doctor, so he really isn’t an expert on things that you should and should not be consuming as an athlete. Now does he probably have some limited experience given his position and exposure as a tennis coach sure. I think the thing that needs hammered into every single player’s head going forward: YOU are responsible for what goes into your body. Unless you have proof someone held you down and made you forcibly consume something you didn’t want to consume. It will NOT be an acceptable excuse. Also, you hire these people onto your teams. That is a reflection of you as well if they turn out to be a poor choice at some point. I think there is a lot of Patrick M hate and rightfully so as he is definitely ick, but it in no way limits Simona’s culpability.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Simona Halep responds to Caroline Wozniacki's statement that players who tested positive for doping shouldn't be given wildcards,
"It wasnt doping, I'm not a cheater"
Caroline Wozniacki was here today earlier and said she dosen't believe people out of the game for the reasons you were shouldn't be given wildcards fir competition
Simona "When did she say that?"
In the press conference,
Simona,
"Yeah, but why? I didnt do anything wrong. I didnt cheat. I didnt dope.So its better if we read the decision from CAS that it was contaminated supplement, it wasn't doping.I never had something to do with doping.I never doped.Thank you to the tournament ( James Blake) and have the possibility to play in such a big tournament.Only one person being negative about me is not important because I have hundreds of people that are giving me love, so I will take that" ( via Miami Press)
If she thought this next chapter of her life would be all rainbows and roses, then Agassi & co have been blowing too much sunshine up her skirt. They don't speak for the entire tennis body. There are people like Woz who have real issues w/ dopers in the sport. This woman spit out 2 babies and dominated the tour when she had 1/2 the power of her opponents. She didn't take shortcuts, she trained harder, and differently to maximize her abilities. I told you before, the CAS reducing her sentence wasn't saying they made a mistake, just that they felt time was served for her offense. She's still guilty of having a positive test result.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If she thought this next chapter of her life would be all rainbows and roses, then Agassi & co have been blowing too much sunshine up her skirt. They don't speak for the entire tennis body. There are people like Woz who have real issues w/ dopers in the sport. This woman spit out 2 babies and dominated the tour when she had 1/2 the power of her opponents. She didn't take shortcuts, she trained harder, and differently to maximize her abilities. I told you before, the CAS reducing her sentence wasn't saying they made a mistake, just that they felt time was served for her offense. She's still guilty of having a positive test result.
What about the irregular tests that were found on her athletic passport? are we all suppose to now turn a blind eye, what was the excuse there?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well she is gone
Halep has posted that her new coach is Carlos Martinez, after loss, he used to work with Kuznetsova, Ksastkina and Tauson, she will return to Europe probably in time for getting more WC into the clay season!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
What about the irregular tests that were found on her athletic passport? are we all suppose to now turn a blind eye, what was the excuse there?
It was on the radio today when I was in the office and, rather than them focusing on her doping offenses, we were just subjected to hearing her say "I'm not a cheater. I never cheated". What a farce.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She is very lucky that Patrick M. and companies putting out contaminated products make far more compelling villains than her.

I want this lack of player responsibility to stop. Unless you can prove that someone held you down and forced you to consume something against your will, then it is your fault.

Tennis players are so stupid. I would never take supplements not knowing what is contained in them and knowing how unregulated that market is. You also hire your team, and whatever they do is a reflection of you whether fair or not. As far as I was aware she hired Patrick as a tennis coach, not a dietician or doctor, nor do I think he is licensed to dispense such advice about safe consumable products to ingest.

Governing bodies have to stop this benefit of the doubt. Either players are responsible for what they put in their bodies or not. If they are, accident or not testing positive is a ban. You have to make them take what they are putting in their bodies seriously.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
We got their answer when the CAS reduced their sentence. It's as if they made Patrick out to be the villain and rolled all her offenses into one pot.

• Angry
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The big question I have is wouldn’t you know right away when something on your passport came up irregular? So in theory, you should know right away, so why would there be a second offense if it wasn’t intentional usage?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
She is very lucky that Patrick M. and companies putting out contaminated products make far more compelling villains than her.

I want this lack of player responsibility to stop. Unless you can prove that someone held you down and forced you to consume something against your will, then it is your fault.

Tennis players are so stupid. I would never take supplements not knowing what is contained in them and knowing how unregulated that market is. You also hire your team, and whatever they do is a reflection of you whether fair or not. As far as I was aware she hired Patrick as a tennis coach, not a dietician or doctor, nor do I think he is licensed to dispense such advice about safe consumable products to ingest.

Governing bodies have to stop this benefit of the doubt. Either players are responsible for what they put in their bodies or not. If they are, accident or not testing positive is a ban. You have to make them take what they are putting in their bodies seriously.
This is the crust of it right here. She took a test. It was positive for dope. The original tribunal gave her a sentence of 4 years starting in Sep 2022. It was her appeal to the CAS and their reduction that created this lack of trust in that governing body. The CAS has to stop undermining the sport.

In addition, they passed the mommy rule about players returning to tour from maternity leave, they need a rule that states WC's will not be granted to anyone who failed a drug test (ITF, ATP, WTA, OC, etc). Having their sentences reduced does not remove the offense and they should not be taking WC's from worthy players.

Reactions: tossip

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The big question I have is wouldn’t you know right away when something on your passport came up irregular? So in theory, you should know right away, so why would there be a second offense if it wasn’t intentional usage?
I'm not sure how the bio passports work. Maybe someone who has expert knowledge can weigh in.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, I think Halep is getting a lot of the blame shifted from her because Patrick is such a dirtbag. The bottom line for me though is Patrick is not a nutrition expert or doctor, so he really isn’t an expert on things that you should and should not be consuming as an athlete. Now does he probably have some limited experience given his position and exposure as a tennis coach sure. I think the thing that needs hammered into every single player’s head going forward: YOU are responsible for what goes into your body. Unless you have proof someone held you down and made you forcibly consume something you didn’t want to consume. It will NOT be an acceptable excuse. Also, you hire these people onto your teams. That is a reflection of you as well if they turn out to be a poor choice at some point. I think there is a lot of Patrick M hate and rightfully so as he is definitely ick, but it in no way limits Simona’s culpability.
@tossip Miss Tossip warned Us over 8 years ago (my Lord its been so long on this board) about Patrick's was a shady character for Rena.

Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
@tossip Miss Tossip warned Us over 8 years ago (my Lord its been so long on this board) about Patrick's was a shady character for Rena.
Patrick is always looking after Patrick and doesn't care who he hurts in the process.