Rolex Paris Masters, 2019, Bercy, France, ATP Masters 1000

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I changed my draw last night, thinking he might withdraw, but only to have him lose one round earlier. Turns out Seppi is the LL. Dzmhur is also in as LL, but I don't know who he replaced.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Verdasco upset Coric. Borna took a step back this year.

That hurt, but expected IMO! Verdasco's no slouch and has tested the elites! His problem like with all the others; a serious problem between the ears and can't seem to finish! I've been saying Coric has a good enough game, but playing so far back behind the baseline has him working too hard to win matches allowing any and everyone to run him to death! Yet another "NG'r" disappointing us and allowing the old guard to hang on like vampires for a little while longer! How Wawrinka's been allowed to get back to the top so fast is beyond me, but it's the same dynamics; the next wave of players are finding it difficult to knock off the senior guard! He was barely on the ranking charts just a couple months ago, but is seeded #16 in a Masters' event! Amazing! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Reactions: Bonaca

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
I changed my draw last night, thinking he might withdraw, but only to have him lose one round earlier. Turns out Seppi is the LL. Dzmhur is also in as LL, but I don't know who he replaced.

Pella

Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
yea paris masters is a lot better now that Federer out, of course lets hope for Djokovic-nadal final with the best player winning on the day Djokovic is clearly the greatest indoor player of all time so I I'm hopeing he does not make the final.

You have trouble even with your hopes. In the first sentence, you are hoping for Djokoiv-Nadal final and In the second sentence, you are hoping Novak does not make the final. Pray the lord to give you some clarity of mind.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Another veteran muscles through and pushes a youngster aside.
Tsonga rallied from one set down and defeated Rublev.

Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Another veteran muscles through and pushes a youngster aside.
Tsonga rallied from one set down and defeated Rublev.

It's just hard to watch which is why I can't tell you guys too much detail when it comes to today's players! Rublev like so many others have all kinds of game, but are woefully underachieving due to court positioning and an unwillingness to cut off balls at the net! Like I mentioned before how frustrating it is watching Coric fail when the only real excuse is he's playing too far behind the baseline and allows all players to run him to death! Win or lose playing that game, it won't last since they'll be running themselves right off the tour early! The only players that can get away with that type of play consistently are/were in the Big 3, 4, or 5! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :ptennis:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonaca

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
And also Ruud seems to be unable to keep up with Mannarino.
Fiero, I think the reason Coric isn't better also has to do with having no or few real weapons. He's the Gilles Simon of his generation.

There are ways to develop his game and add to his arsenal. The only problem is if he is willing or able to. Future will tell.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There are ways to develop his game and add to his arsenal. The only problem is if he is willing or able to. Future will tell.

I wonder how much he can change. What would you suggest? While I think @El Dude's comparison to Simon is not 100%, (Coric is bigger, stronger and has a better serve,) but it's not without merit. His inclination is defensive baseline, and his forehand is unreliable. The best players start out with big weapons, and then tweak from there, as they are able. IMO, he might have a lot of things to change about his game, to avoid getting gobbled up most of the time, like, ahem, Simon.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Mannarino is the next Rafa's opponent

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Never seen Moutet before. He is not a bad player at all.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
And after a strong set, Moutet goes downhill in the second.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I wonder how much he can change. What would you suggest? While I think @El Dude's comparison to Simon is not 100%, (Coric is bigger, stronger and has a better serve,) but it's not without merit. His inclination is defensive baseline, and his forehand is unreliable. The best players start out with big weapons, and then tweak from there, as they are able. IMO, he might have a lot of things to change about his game, to avoid getting gobbled up most of the time, like, ahem, Simon.
True it's not a 100 % comparison but just like Goffin aka Obi Wan Knobi, Coric really has no weapons to hurt his opponents..As a matter of fact, I would say that Goffin is modern day Simon and Cotic is a poor man's version of Simon.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fritz won against Tiafoe in the battle of young Americans

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moutet finally won, god result for him