11. Fabio Fognini
12. David Goffin
13. Gael Monfils
14. Diego Schwartzman
15. John Isner
16. Stan Wawrinka

SygCK5z.jpg

The Tournament:

The Paris Masters (in French commonly referred as Bercy) is an annual tennis tournament for male professional players held in Paris, France. It is played indoors at the AccorHotels Arena (which was originally known as Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy and formerly known as Bercy Arena), in the neighborhood of Bercy. The event is part of the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Tour.

The tournament evolved from the French Covered Court Championships. In the open era it was held at the Stade Pierre de Coubertin until 1982. In 1989 it was upgraded to become one of the premier nine tournaments of the Grand Prix Tour (Grand Prix Super Series), replacing the Tokyo Open. The event is usually the final tournament on the tour before the season-ending ATP Finals. Because of its sponsorship, the event was officially known from 2003 to 2016 as BNP Paribas Masters, and from 2017 as the Rolex Paris Masters. Prior to the Tennis Masters Series replacing the ATP Super 9 in 2000, the event was known as the Paris Open. It is also often referred to as the Paris Indoor event in reference to both the facts that the other tennis event held in Paris, the French Open is held outdoors, and that since 2009, it is the only Masters 1000 tournament which is played indoors. From 1970 until 1986 there had usually been three indoor events amongst the top nine tournaments (then called the Grand Prix Championship Series), with there being four indoor events plus the year-end Championships from 1978 to 1980. From 1987 until 2008 there were two indoor tournaments at the Masters level.

The surface used to be one of the fastest courts in the world which rewarded bold attacking tennis, but since 2011 it has followed the general slow-down of most courts on the tour.

Ilie Năstase, Andre Agassi, Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic are the only players to have ever won both Parisian tournaments (Bercy and the French Open). Federer won the French Open in 2009 and Bercy in 2011, Djokovic won Bercy in 2009 and the French Open in 2016 and Andre Agassi won both in 1999 like Ilie Năstase in 1973. In 2015, Marcelo Melo and Ivan Dodig won the doubles events at both tournaments.

To date, Novak Djokovic is the only player to successfully defend his title in Paris (2013–15).

About Paris:

Paris is the capital and most populous city of France, with an area of 105 square kilometres (41 square miles) and an official estimated population of 2,140,526 residents as of 1 January 2019. Since the 17th century, Paris has been one of Europe's major centres of finance, diplomacy, commerce, fashion, science, and the arts. The City of Paris is the centre and seat of government of the Île-de-France, or Paris Region, which has an estimated official 2019 population of 12,213,364, or about 18 percent of the population of France. The Paris Region had a GDP of €709 billion ($808 billion) in 2017. According to the Economist Intelligence Unit Worldwide Cost of Living Survey in 2018, Paris was the second most expensive city in the world, after Singapore, and ahead of Zürich, Hong Kong, Oslo and Geneva. Another source ranked Paris as most expensive, on a par with Singapore and Hong Kong, in 2018.

IMG_3549.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
My dream results till the Final

QF: Novak-Tsitsipus, Daniil-Austrian, Roger-Giraffe, Matteo-Bull
SF: Novak-Daniil, Roger- Bull
F: Novak-Bull

Both with their A-Game at the end!

Nothing more to wish!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
My dream results till the Final

QF: Novak-Tsitsipus, Daniil-Austrian, Roger-Giraffe, Matteo-Bull
SF: Novak-Daniil, Roger- Bull
F: Novak-Bull

Both with their A-Game at the end!

Nothing more to wish!

I'd love it, but believe one or both will be upset before the final! This just isn't important enough in the grand scheme of things! Nole only needs it to stay close in the running to regain his #1 ranking after Rafa picks it up next week! IDK why Rafa should do better this year? He's failed miserably in Bercy even though they've slowed the court down over the last several years! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :ptennis:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonaca

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Poor Khachanov. His ranking is going to plummet as he's in very poor form lately and he has 2 chances of defending his points here: none and fuck all. My guess is he's not even going to win 3 matches here. Likely winner? I'll go with Medvedev.

Reactions: don_fabio

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Poor Khachanov. His ranking is going to plummet as he's in very poor form lately and he has 2 chances of defending his points here: none and fuck all. My guess is he's not even going to win 3 matches here. Likely winner? I'll go with Medvedev.

I forget his route to the title last year, with the exception of the final, but he certainly hasn’t shown much fight this year with multiple first and second round losses. But, yeah, his ranking could take a huge hit. Depending on how a few others do, he could find himself out of the top 20.

It will be interesting to see how Medvedev does here. Do you think the court will suit him?

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would say Rafa's quarter is a dangerous one. A lot of in form guys like Berrettini, Rublev, Stan somewhat...

Initially I thought so. But Stan has a back issue. Berrettini and Rublev didn't come good most recently. It may come down to Roger.
I personally think Nole has more landmines in his path w/ RBA or Perseus in QF, Med or Thiem in the SF, & m/b toss-up in the final!
His biggest problem is most likely that he drew Medvedev, and everyone will be curious to see how he performs here. RBA is a personal land mine for him, and both he and Tsitsipas have a lot to play for, but I don't see them winning. I would have counted out Thiem as a problem until I saw him play today. But will he be fresh, after Vienna?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa keeps drawing KK and Novak keeps drawing Tits. I have seen this happen many times this year.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I'd love it, but believe one or both will be upset before the final! This just isn't important enough in the grand scheme of things! Nole only needs it to stay close in the running to regain his #1 ranking after Rafa picks it up next week! IDK why Rafa should do better this year? He's failed miserably in Bercy even though they've slowed the court down over the last several years! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :ptennis:
Yes my friend, think you’re right. At least for Novak.
But dreaming is allowed, isn’t it?;-):

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
One thing we can all agree on is that Rafa is the most handsome player in the draw. :clap:

Reactions: Andy22

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Theoretically speaking, as many as 11 players have a chance to grab the last two remaining spots in the WTF.

Practically speaking, only five players have a chance: Sasha, Matteo, RBA, La Monf, Fog.