11. Karen Khachanov
12. Stan Wawrinka
13. Grigor Dimitrov
14. Felix Auger-Aliassime
15. Borna Coric
16. Alex de Minaur

SygCK5z.jpg

The Tournament:

The Paris Masters (in French commonly referred as Bercy) is an annual tennis tournament for male professional players held in Paris, France. It is played indoors at the AccorHotels Arena (which was originally known as Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy and formerly known as Bercy Arena), in the neighborhood of Bercy. The event is part of the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Tour.

The tournament evolved from the French Covered Court Championships. In the open era it was held at the Stade Pierre de Coubertin until 1982. In 1989 it was upgraded to become one of the premier nine tournaments of the Grand Prix Tour (Grand Prix Super Series), replacing the Tokyo Open. The event is usually the final tournament on the tour before the season-ending ATP Finals. Because of its sponsorship, the event was officially known from 2003 to 2016 as BNP Paribas Masters, and from 2017 as the Rolex Paris Masters. Prior to the Tennis Masters Series replacing the ATP Super 9 in 2000, the event was known as the Paris Open. It is also often referred to as the Paris Indoor event in reference to both the facts that the other tennis event held in Paris, the French Open is held outdoors, and that since 2009, it is the only Masters 1000 tournament which is played indoors. From 1970 until 1986 there had usually been three indoor events amongst the top nine tournaments (then called the Grand Prix Championship Series), with there being four indoor events plus the year-end Championships from 1978 to 1980. From 1987 until 2008 there were two indoor tournaments at the Masters level.

The surface used to be one of the fastest courts in the world which rewarded bold attacking tennis, but since 2011 it has followed the general slow-down of most courts on the tour.

Ilie Năstase, Andre Agassi, Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic are the only players to have ever won both Parisian tournaments (Bercy and the French Open). Federer won the French Open in 2009 and Bercy in 2011, Djokovic won Bercy in 2009 and the French Open in 2016 and Andre Agassi won both in 1999 like Ilie Năstase in 1973. In 2015, Marcelo Melo and Ivan Dodig won the doubles events at both tournaments.

To date, Novak Djokovic is the only player to successfully defend his title in Paris (2013–15).

About Paris:

Paris is the capital and most populous city of France, with an area of 105 square kilometres (41 square miles) and an official estimated population of 2,140,526 residents as of 1 January 2019. Since the 17th century, Paris has been one of Europe's major centres of finance, diplomacy, commerce, fashion, science, and the arts. The City of Paris is the centre and seat of government of the Île-de-France, or Paris Region, which has an estimated official 2019 population of 12,213,364, or about 18 percent of the population of France. The Paris Region had a GDP of €709 billion ($808 billion) in 2017. According to the Economist Intelligence Unit Worldwide Cost of Living Survey in 2018, Paris was the second most expensive city in the world, after Singapore, and ahead of Zürich, Hong Kong, Oslo and Geneva. Another source ranked Paris as most expensive, on a par with Singapore and Hong Kong, in 2018.

2880px-La_Tour_Eiffel_vue_de_la_Tour_Saint-Jacques,_Paris_août_2014_(2).jpg

Arc_Triomphe_(square).jpg

Tourism Guide:

TV Coverage:

Asia:

Afghanistan - MSM (Sony)
Bangladesh - MSM (Sony)
Bhutan - MSM (Sony)
China - CCTV
China - Iqiyi
Shanghai - Shanghai Media
Hong Kong - PCCW
India - MSM (Sony)
Japan - WOWOW
Japan - NHK
Japan - Gaora Sports Channel
South Korea - Eclat
Malaysia - Measat (Astro Supersport)
Maldives - MSM (Sony)
Nepal - MSM (Sony)
Pakistan - MSM (Sony)
Philippines - Elite Sport
Singapore - Starhub (Supersports)
Sri Lanka - MSM (Sony)
Taiwan - Sino Catch (Sportcast)
Thailand - Cineplex (Truevisions)
Vietnam - Canal+ Overseas

Middle East:
Israel - Charlton/Sport1
MENA - BeIn Sport

Americas:
Brazil - Globosat
Canada - Tennis Canada/Rogers Sportsnet
Canada - TSN
Caribbean - ESPN International
South America - ESPN International
United States - Tennis Channel
United States - ESPN (Indian Wells, Miami, Nitto ATP Finals)
United States - ESPN (Canada, Cincinnati)

Africa:
Africa - Canal+ Overseas/Africa
Africa - Supersport
MENA - BeIn Sport

Australasia:
Australasia - ESPN International

Europe:
Albania - Supersport
Andorra - Sogecable/Telefonica (Movistar)
Andorra - TVE (Siccative)
Austria - Sky Deutschland
Belgium - BeTV
Belgium - Telenet (Play Sports)
Bosnia & Herzegovina - United Media (IKO Sportklub)
Bulgaria - MTEL/A1
Croatia - United Media (IKO Sportklub)
Cyprus - CYTA
Czech Republic - Tolano (Digi Sport)
Denmark - Modern Times Group (TV3)
Finland - MTV3
France - Eurosport
France - Canal+
Georgia - Silk Media
Georgia - Adjara
Germany - Sky Deutschland
Greece - Hellenic (OTE TV)
Hungary - RCS & RDS (Digisport)
Italy, San Marino & Vatican City - Sky Italia
Kosovo - Supersport
Lichtenstein - Sky Deutschland
Luxembourg - BeTV
Luxembourg - Sky Deutschland
Montenegro - United Media (IKO Sportklub)
Netherlands - Fox Sports
North Macedonia - United Media (IKO Sportklub)
Norway - Modern Times Group (Viaplay)
Poland - Polsat
Portugal - Sport TV
Romania - RCS & RDS (Digisport)
Russia - Eurosport
Serbia - RTS
Serbia - United Media (IKO Sportklub)
Slovakia - Tolano (Digi Sport)
Slovenia - United Media (IKO Sportklub)
Spain - Sogecable/Telefonica (Movistar)
Spain - TVE (Siccative)
Switzerland - Sky Deutschland
Switzerland - SRG
Sweden - Modern Times Group (Viaplay)
Turkey - Saran (agent to many channels)

Worldwide:
Worldwide - Tennis TV

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Good stuff, brother! :clap:

I suppose the blurb on this one will be that, in the absence of Novak and Dominic, Rafa will be expected to add to his MS total, it should be a shoo in, etc, but none of this makes sense when we realise it hasn't always been the top 2 or 3 players stopping Rafa at the Paris Indoors. In fact, he's played there only 4 times this decade, with two withdrawals and defeats against Stan, David Ferrer, so he has absolutely nothing to indicate success, which I think won't happen this time either. If he makes it to the final, put your money on him, but I think he needs matches to end this season, he's barely played since Fenruary, and I think this is why he's there, to try continue the momentum from his last visit to Paris, and be ready for London...

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
What a joke draw Nadull has. Wow.
At least this year he could win it, he did never before.
Novak only player in history to win all masters, to win all masters twice and defend Paris Bercy title.
Best indoor player ever. Sadly not playing this year, good for Bobo.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What a joke draw Nadull has. Wow.
At least this year he could win it, he did never before.
Novak only player in history to win all masters, to win all masters twice and defend Paris Bercy title.
Best indoor player ever. Sadly not playing this year, good for Bobo.

Djokovic is not the best indoor player. He is .782 indoors, with 13 titles. Roger is .810 with 26 titles.

Obviously, Rafa would be favored in the field, but personally I don't want him to get Paris/Bercy and not YEC. With no Roger and a very weakened Novak, this could be his year in London at the O2.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic is not the best indoor player. He is .782 indoors, with 13 titles. Roger is .810 with 26 titles.

Obviously, Rafa would be favored in the field, but personally I don't want him to get Paris/Bercy and not YEC. With no Roger and a very weakened Novak, this could be his year in London at the O2.

Obviously if we have to choose between the two it would be the YEC, but I don’t think winning in Paris Bercy would hurt his chances to win the YEC.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Obviously if we have to choose between the two it would be the YEC, but I don’t think winning in Paris Bercy would hurt his chances to win the YEC.
Fair point. Plus, it is a pretty soft field. The only really in-form player is Rublev, and he'd likely meet Rafa in the SFs. I picked Rafa to win in my draw, with Medvedev in the final, but I don't have a lot of faith in Daniil to even get there.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fair point. Plus, it is a pretty soft field. The only really in-form player is Rublev, and he'd likely meet Rafa in the SFs. I picked Rafa to win in my draw, with Medvedev in the final, but I don't have a lot of faith in Daniil to even get there.

Coric has had success against Nadal and he's been playing well recently, each match is important so I'm not looking too far ahead... Also Zverev has been playing very well on hardcourt... I think there's a lot of competition it's not necessarily an easy draw.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions

He never won Bercy and the YEC, both are big lacks in donkeys resume.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have done some projected q/finals if the seeds hold up

Nadal vs Goffin
Zverev vs Rublev
Schwartzman vs Medvedev
Berrettini vs Tsitsipas.

Reactions: tented and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have Rafa and The Young Greek in the final:)

Reactions: Moxie

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So one year happened to be in Paris during the Masters (2011) , walking around the 7th arrondissement I failed to look up and my wife and friends were all like “ hey that was Roger Federer you just ignored walking by Mr Tennis fan! “

Reactions: tented

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Oops you just put a needle into Boneheads bolony.....Roger with twice the success and higher win %, Bonehead will be angry when someone shows facts against his idol.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions

Roger isn’t the best for a long time now.
Novak is actually and since many years.
At least it’s indisputable who is third best.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Roger isn’t the best for a long time now.
Novak is actually and since many years.
At least it’s indisputable who is third best.

Now, who beat Novak at the YEC just last year, and in straights? Oh, right...Federer.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

It shouldn’t really, though, I mean, he has a week off in between? I think that’s sufficient. Hopefully it is anyway - if he wins Paris or loses in the final, neither of which I expect, but wouldn’t be surprised by...

Reactions: Moxie

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Now, who beat Novak at the YEC just last year, and in straights? Oh, right...Federer.

I am not talking about one match.
Who is better over the last decade?
Come on moxie , don’t go that low on Eduardo-level.
Roger played really fantastic, he was extra motivated and deserved it fully.
I would be very happy if Roger can show up again like that day, frequently.
But not necessarily against Novak, haha.