Premier League 2018/2019

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
oh I agree absolutely. Burnley were really up for it and pressed hard. Fully deserved

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Premier League Climax

Liverpool 2 pts clear with 5 to play... City have a game extra (6 to play), so it's in City's hands.

Liverpool remaining fixtures:

Chelsea (H)
Cardiff City (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)
Wolves (H)

City's remaining fixtures:

Crystal Palace (A)
Tottenham (H)
Man United (A)
Burnley (A)
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)

Both clubs still in the Champions League and City all have an FA Cup Final to play, but that's after the Premier League fixtures. I'll be rooting for Man United for the first time in my life when City go to Old Trafford.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A few years old, but just been watching this quality sit-down with the great Jimmy Greaves. You'll appreciate this @Federberg if you've got some spare time.

By the way, never got around to giving you some grief over the Liverpool/Spurs match. :)

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
A few years old, but just been watching this quality sit-down with the great Jimmy Greaves. You'll appreciate this @Federberg if you've got some spare time.

By the way, never got around to giving you some grief over the Liverpool/Spurs match. :)

thanks I'll have a look.

ha! We should have won that match! Bad enough both Sissoko and Ali missed clear chances in the 2nd half but then Hugo pretty much sealed the deal that every Spurs fan wants someone better now. And that's not changed because of his penalty save. He's a liability in big matches

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Well played Liverpool. You put the stop on Chelsea today. Hopefully we can return the favour for you guys soon

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well played Liverpool. You put the stop on Chelsea today. Hopefully we can return the favour for you guys soon

On paper that was our toughest game, but the prem is throwing up some surprises, so perhaps there is a twist in the tale yet. Four matches to go for us. I think we need to win every match to have a chance. I'm hoping your boys or United will take points from City.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another 3 points in the bag for Liverpool. We're now reliant on United, Burnley, Leicester or Brighton to get something from City in the final few games and we need to go perfect against Huddersfield, Newcastle and Wolves.

The Newcastle away game looks like the danger one from a Liverpool perspective. Wolves have had a great year but I think we'll take care of them at home. Two games in the Champions League against Barca thrown into the mix for extra measure.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Another 3 points in the bag for Liverpool. We're now reliant on United, Burnley, Leicester or Brighton to get something from City in the final few games and we need to go perfect against Huddersfield, Newcastle and Wolves.

The Newcastle away game looks like the danger one from a Liverpool perspective. Wolves have had a great year but I think we'll take care of them at home. Two games in the Champions League against Barca thrown into the mix for extra measure.
don't sleep on Wolves. They are by far... by far the best team you still have to play. I agree Benitez will make your lives difficult. But Wolves are the most capable of beating you

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
don't sleep on Wolves. They are by far... by far the best team you still have to play. I agree Benitez will make your lives difficult. But Wolves are the most capable of beating you

Certainly not overlooking Wolves, they've impressed me all year but if Liverpool have to win at home to win the title on the last game of the season then they'll be odds on to get it done. Newcastle is potentially awkward. It would be ironic if Benitez was the guy to turn the apple cart over.

All eyes will be glued on the Manchester Derby this week. United were pathetic at Everton. Fortunately for them, the other Champions League place contenders didn't really take advantage. They'll be under pressure to perform against City.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
That Spurs v Brighton match is a warning to all top teams dismissing the lower teams they still have to play. Brighton put up some fierce resistance. We clearly should have won more easily, but my point is that at this stage of the season the only matches you could reasonably expect to be gimmes are against mid-table teams with nothing to play for and no rivalry concerns. For example... the hammers have nothing to play for but it would be insane for me to think that Spurs will comfortably beat them on Saturday. If anything West Ham will do everything possible to be the first team to get something going to Spurs' new home ground.

Liverpool be warned

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
what a mental weekend! Arsenal and United gave us a nice summer pressie there. I don't give a hoot about 3rd or 4th. CL is secure now so it's all about Wednesday. COYS!!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So, down to the final weekend. Conventional wisdom says City wrap this up in fairly straightforward fashion with a win at Brighton.

Still, if this week in the Champions League has told us anything... it's not over until it's over. I'm hoping for more of the same this weekend.

The Champions League Final slot has softened the blow a little bit already.

Who knows if City get a man sent off? or if Liverpool score early and it's still goalless in Brighton at HT? Nerves? Probably not... as Klopp said in his Liverpool-Wolves press conference, don't rule City out unless Brighton are 3-0 up with 88 minutes gone.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
That's a really tough final outcome for Liverpool. 97 points and 2nd place?? Jeepers!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anti-climax after the crazy Champions League week, but proud of Liverpool's season. Can't complain... 97 pts would have won it in pretty much every year except last year and this. Great campaign. Fair play to City, they hung tough.

In other news, United lost at home to Cardiff :lulz1: