Premier League 2018/2019

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
On the eve of another Premier League season... Who are you picking for the title? Who's your team? What do you think of the off-season moves?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'll kick it off...

I'm picking City for the title (again), but I think Liverpool and Spurs will run them much closer this year than last. I think Liverpool will win the title within three years... Loving the team Klopp is building. Becker is a great addition. Liking the way he's strengthened the midfield with Fabinho and Keita... Shaqiri provides much-needed depth up front (upgrade on Danny Ings) and Daniel Sturridge's return to fitness and form is as good as getting a new player up front.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
City are favorites, with Liverpool a close second, but I will not be surprised if Liverpool wins it. With Keita, Fabinho and Alison, the team looks much stronger. City have to be as consistent as they were last season if they want to win the title. I have a feeling that if they lose a game early in the season, they will lose many more. The top 4 should be the same as last season, in a different order.

Last edited:
Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
hard to go against City. I need to see how the transfer window ends to be able to make sense of how my team Spurs does. I think they're still strongly favoured for a top 4 spot, but I'm getting really pissed off with Levy and his antics. Poch needs time to bed new players in. Even if we get some good signings in now, by the time they're integrated we will have lost or drawn matches we can't afford to. You would think the last couple of seasons would make that clear to Levy. I think Liverpool will run City very close though. I'm already feeling sick at the prospect of going to either Eastlands or Anfield this year. Also I have a feeling Mourinho is going to have another tempestuous season like his last one at Chelsea. If he makes it past February I'll be amazed

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mourinho was like a petulant brat on the North American tour. I'm sure United will bring in a new face or two before the season starts... but let's assume for a minute that they don't... He can show us what a great coach he is without being able to outspend his competition by tens of millions for a change.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Expert Predictions" Top 4:

Fox Sports Australia:

Robbie Slater:

Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Tottenham

Mark Bosnich:

Manchester City
Liverpool
Manchester United
Chelsea

Adam Peacock:

Manchester City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea

Daniel Garb:

Manchester City
Liverpool
Manchester United
Arsenal

Simon Hill:

Manchester City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea

Talksport

Richard Keys:

Liverpool
Manchester City
Tottenham
Manchester United

Danny Murphy:

Manchester City
Liverpool
Manchester United
Tottenham.\

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm really liking Liverpool's chances of competing this year for the title. I think this is the best Liverpool squad since the glory days of the 80s.

Allison Becker... World class keeper. Massive upgrade over Loris Karius

Back 4. Van Dyke is class (so he should be as the world's most expensive defender)... Gomez looks comfortable next to him. Lovren looks comfortable next to him. The difference in Lovren last season after Van Dyke's arrival was mammoth.

Trent Alexander Arnold... young kid, but bags of talent. Even without him Nathaniel Clyne is quality on the right.

Andrew Robertson is superb on the left. Great going forward, great engine.

Midfield...
Watch this space.... Kieta is going to be class. He'll get sent off this season a couple of times... but he's a game changer. Milner is having a terrific swansong. Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson will rotate regularly.

Up front...
The return of Daniel Sturridge is like a new signing. Xherdan Shaqiri can play mid or up front and is a bundle of energy... and then we have the three amigos, Mane, Firminho and Sala.

The strength in depth is way better than I've seen at Anfield for years.

Mind you... it's an eye opener when De Bruyne starts on the City bench... this is what we are competing with. It will be close.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
You could well be right. But I can't help chuckle at how many Liverpool fans talk up your chances every year. Without fail :D

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You could well be right. But I can't help chuckle at how many Liverpool fans talk up your chances every year. Without fail :D

I don't personally (at least I think not) but this is way ahead of any squad I can remember in the last 28 years (jeez, has it been that long since we won the league :) ). I remember ribbing United fans when they hadn't won it for 26 years...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't personally (at least I think not) but this is way ahead of any squad I can remember in the last 28 years (jeez, has it been that long since we won the league :) ). I remember ribbing United fans when they hadn't won it for 26 years...
Wow! I've never heard it put that way before. So now Liverpool haven't won the league for longer than United hadn't before Fergie time. Interesting!

Reactions: atttomole

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I like Keita. Keita is an excellent player. I began watching him closely when I was Germany, after Liverpool and other big European teams expressed interest in him. His ball distribution is amazing, and he can play as a box to box midfielder if necessary. And even more importantly, he can score goals. He can get better because he is still a young player. I am hoping that he doesn't get injured.

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm wondering if Mourinho will survive beyond Christmas. Yes, he's not far into a lengthy contract but his use of players like Pogba and Martial is criminal. I'm thinking he's lost half the dressing room already. A few more bad results like Brighton, then the board is going to have to decide whether to go with player power or to keep backing the sourfaced wanker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm wondering if Mourinho will survive beyond Christmas. Yes, he's not far into a lengthy contract but his use of players like Pogba and Martial is criminal. I'm thinking he's lost half the dressing room already. A few more bad results like Brighton, then the board is going to have to decide whether to go with player power or keeping backing the sourfaced wanker.
my mates and I are betting he's not the manager by February. If the Spurs do them this weekend (fingers crossed!) it'll be fascinating to see his post match interview

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
my mates and I are betting he's not the manager by February. If the Spurs do them this weekend (fingers crossed!) it'll be fascinating to see his post match interview
I think it's a good bet. Even the United fans I know don't like him. It's not United football.

Whereas Klopp is universally loved at Anfield.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Absolutely smashed United. Spurs 3 nil winners. Get in!!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
That put a smile on my face when I got up this morning.

Did you see Mourinho's presser?

Petulant brat.

haha! Yes I did. I tell you mate, it was surreal. And his walking on to the pitch to clap the few remaining United fans seemed really ominous as well. Really felt like his days are numbered

Reactions: britbox