TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Tuchel sacked by Chelsea today :astonished-face:

Good result for Spurs tonight 2-0 :)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gary Neville does a good job with "Overlap" series on Youtube. As a Liverpool fan, never cared much for Man United, but always thought Paul Scholes was a class act. Modest, genuine with no airs and graces. Good interview.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Gary Neville does a good job with "Overlap" series on Youtube. As a Liverpool fan, never cared much for Man United, but always thought Paul Scholes was a class act. Modest, genuine with no airs and graces. Good interview.

Yeah Scholes was a different level. When Cantona was going absent during big European games, Scholes was always pulling a shift, without fuss and as you say, no airs and graces, none of the Big I Am, though he genuinely was a great footballer…

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
After being robbed by Var in the last-minute last week Tottenham respond with a last-minute winner in Marseille to win 2-1 and top the group :astonished-face::clap: Hopefully Son is okay after his injury :crossed-fingers:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
1674557329204.jpeg

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
:face-with-tears-of-joy: Amazing how long he lasted with Everton, really he should have been sacked last season...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's stunning mate. I still don't even understand how he earned the job in the first place!

• Haha
Reactions: TheSicilian

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Lampard couldn’t manage a straight face at a funeral…

Reactions: Federberg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
They should be relegated down two divisions and have 20 points deducted for each of the last ten seasons. Seriously.

Once it’s proven, that is.

Remember Pep saying that he’d leave if they’re lying to him? Pep will only leave if there’s a club that’s already rich and successful needs a manager. He’s hardly ever going to go to a club that actually requires hard work. Can’t see him at my club, Leeds…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
They should be relegated down two divisions and have 20 points deducted for each of the last ten seasons. Seriously.

Once it’s proven, that is.

Remember Pep saying that he’d leave if they’re lying to him? Pep will only leave if there’s a club that’s already rich and successful needs a manager…
he can go north the Newcastle...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
he can go north the Newcastle...
Yeah he’ll only go where’s the money is, and success guaranteed. Given a choice between him and Jose at my club Leeds, I’d pick the special ones every time…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah he’ll only go where’s the money is, and success guaranteed. Given a choice between him and Jose at my club Leeds, I’d pick the special ones every time…
he needs more money than Jose, which is crazy to say

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
he needs more money than Jose, which is crazy to say
Money - and stars and readymade success. He’s won about 7 league titles since he left Barcelona, at clubs guaranteed to succeed, and no champions league?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Money - and stars and readymade success. He’s won about 7 league titles since he left Barcelona, at clubs guaranteed to succeed, and no champions league?
preach! Hasn't been able to cut it without Messi

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pep's a top coach - sure, he's found himself in ideal circumstances, but you make your own luck.

As for City, not sure how they are going to wriggle out of this one. No doubt there will be an army of expensive lawyers salivating over their predicament, but if there aren't some significant penalties, then it's going to be a very bad look for the Premier League.

Rangers got relegated to the bottom tier in Scotland, and that was a big call for the Scots in what is effectively a two team league. The Premier League would suffer far less if City had a similar punishment - but are they going to be brave enough to do something on that scale? Perhaps, with the Football League not coming under their jurisdiction, it might not be be their say....

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Pep's a top coach - sure, he's found himself in ideal circumstances, but you make your own luck.

As for City, not sure how they are going to wriggle out of this one. No doubt there will be an army of expensive lawyers salivating over their predicament, but if there aren't some significant penalties, then it's going to be a very bad look for the Premier League.

Rangers got relegated to the bottom tier in Scotland, and that was a big call for the Scots in what is effectively a two team league. The Premier League would suffer far less if City had a similar punishment - but are they going to be brave enough to do something on that scale? Perhaps, with the Football League not coming under their jurisdiction, it might not be be their say....
Another question of course is, what happens to those titles City won, if they’re found guilty? In Italy they took titles off Juventus but I think those seasons were declared to be ones where nobody won the league? This would be unfair, in my opinion. The second place side was also competing to win the league - they did nothing wrong!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another question of course is, what happens to those titles City won, if they’re found guilty? In Italy they took titles off Juventus but I think those seasons were declared to be ones where nobody won the league? This would be unfair, in my opinion. The second place side was also competing to win the league - they did nothing wrong!

They stripped Lance Armstrong of the Tour de France titles and didn't replace him... most of the potential replacements like Ullrich etc had also been done for doping :)

It's a difficult one. I'd personally leave them with the titles, but give them a decent punishment as a deterrent - such as relegating them out of the premier league.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
They stripped Lance Armstrong of the Tour de France titles and didn't replace him... most of the potential replacements like Ullrich etc had also been done for doping :)

It's a difficult one. I'd personally leave them with the titles, but give them a decent punishment as a deterrent - such as relegating them out of the premier league.
I’d take the titles and give them to the runners up, because they all entered to try win the race. If the first placed team cheated, erase them!

This season I’d relegate them five divisions - especially if Leeds end up 18th in the league, they can take Leeds place in the table…

:lol6: