Premier League 2018/2019

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Funnily enough I was just listening to one of my favourite Spurs podcasts and one of the things they're talking about is if Spurs had been invited to join that breakaway league how would they feel about it. Universally they all said if that had happened that's the one thing that would stop them from attending Spurs matches

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Premier League clubs being asked to chip in 250K each to contribute to a $5 million leaving present to retiring Premier League CEO.

Pretty disgusting IMO. One of my favourite Liverpool VBloggers nails it...

Reactions: atttomole

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Premier League clubs being asked to chip in 250K each to contribute to a $5 million leaving present to retiring Premier League CEO.

Pretty disgusting IMO. One of my favourite Liverpool VBloggers nails it...

I agree with you mate. It is beyond offensive that he gets 5 million dollars after working for years, during which he was earning a decent salary. There could be some corruption here. The government has to investigate this.

This may not be an isolated case. Shocking decisions are made in boardrooms these days.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree with you mate. It is beyond offensive that he gets 5 million dollars after working for years, during which he was earning a decent salary. There could be some corruption here. The government has to investigate this.

This may not be an isolated case. Shocking decisions are made in boardrooms these days.

The guy was on a very comfortable salary and no doubt has a very good pension policy... for doing a job that I would imagine was a pleasure...

I was thinking about this a while and considering player testimonial matches... back in the day, a testimonial was a friendly that gave the player a bit of retirement cash... nowadays, they are so well paid... most testimonials (for top players) pay into a charity of the players choice. No way, the clubs should be shunting up 250K each for Scudamore.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
great win by the boys against Chelsea today. Should have been by a far bigger margin, but I'll take it. Spurs are slowly starting to improve their form, and still not that far away from the City

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
great win by the boys against Chelsea today. Should have been by a far bigger margin, but I'll take it. Spurs are slowly starting to improve their form, and still not that far away from the City
I was lucky to watch the whole match. Spurs were phenomenal. They outplayed Chelsea in every aspect of the game, and I agree that the goal margin should have been much wider. The race is still on, with the top 3 within 5 points.

Reactions: Federberg

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Spurs were all over Chelsea like a cheap suit. Could have easily been 5 or 6 or 1. United are looking out of the race for a Top 4 finish with that home draw to Palace. :lulz1:

I still think they'll qualify for the Europa League, but that won't be enough to keep Mourinho in a job IMO. I'd be amazed if he is there next season.

Liverpool do the business at Watford to keep the pressure on City... Funny thing here... this is the best start for a Liverpool team for years and yet I have don't have expectations of anything other than a Top 4 place... City just look too strong... but who knows? Liverpool haven't been firing on all cylinders this season and yet they've won 10, drawn 3 and not lost in the PL... it seems kinda strange.

The Reds go to PSG away in the Champions League this week... a draw doesn't suit anybody... I think Liverpool can still qualify if they beat Napoli by a 2 goal difference at home in the last game... so I expect Klopp to go for the win. My understanding is that if Liverpool beat PSG away then they are through... might be wrong of course!

I'm also thinking if Spurs beat Inter then it's all still up for grabs for them.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
yes it's been a strange season. Spurs in the same boat. We've been so poor, yet this is our 2nd best total in the EPL era. If we both keep hanging on to City's coat tails you never know we might damage them psychologically. That's what we have to hope anyway

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
yes it's been a strange season. Spurs in the same boat. We've been so poor, yet this is our 2nd best total in the EPL era. If we both keep hanging on to City's coat tails you never know we might damage them psychologically. That's what we have to hope anyway
I think Liverpool are probably the only team that bother City in one respect (and by that I mean the players). We beat them 3 times last season. They definitely don't play their normal game against us... but they are so strong, I'm wondering how few points they drop in other games. Still we can only do what we can do... I think if Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea are all hanging on to the coat-tails then it will affect them more than if it was just Liverpool... so kind of relying on Spurs and Chelsea to keep up the pressure. I think Arsenal will drop off slightly and end up a clear 5th... which would be a good season for the Gunners considering all the changes this year.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Liverpool are probably the only team that bother City in one respect (and by that I mean the players). We beat them 3 times last season. They definitely don't play their normal game against us... but they are so strong, I'm wondering how few points they drop in other games. Still we can only do what we can do... I think if Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea are all hanging on to the coat-tails then it will affect them more than if it was just Liverpool... so kind of relying on Spurs and Chelsea to keep up the pressure. I think Arsenal will drop off slightly and end up a clear 5th... which would be a good season for the Gunners considering all the changes this year.
there definitely seem to be match up problems when Liverpool play City. But what matters more is the accumulation of points. That's the real pressure. For the last 3 years Spurs have outperformed every other team in the 2nd half of the season. We'll see if we can continue to do that and if the scoreboard pressure tells

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Horrific blunder from Jordan Pickford gifts Liverpool a win at Anfield. What was he thinking? I'll take it though, lol.

Arsenal looked good against Spurs... thought that Spurs penalty was suspect, not that it made any difference. 4-2 to the Gooners.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
we didn't play well at all. At the start of the week this was the game I was least concerned about. Typical Spurs, do the hard jobs well then get complacent

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great weekend on the sporting front. Liverpool smashed United. 3-1 flattered United completely. It was total domination. United were utter garbage to be honest. Mourinho looks like a dead man walking.

Rangers are top of the Scottish Premiership... It's all going well for my teams.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Great weekend on the sporting front. Liverpool smashed United. 3-1 flattered United completely. It was total domination. United were utter garbage to be honest. Mourinho looks like a dead man walking.

Rangers are top of the Scottish Premiership... It's all going well for my teams.

Great win for your boys. Don’t know how my fellas keep going. So many injuries and rotations.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Liverpool were imperial yesterday. I feared Man U could have sneaked a win, given how they scored their goal. It was clear that they were hoping for another error from Liverpool to get a second goal. The technique and speed of execution are getting even better for Liverpool. Man U could not match Liverpool's pace. I hope Klopp can get one more world class player for each department to strengthen the team, which still looks like it is stretched thin.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
City lose at home against Palace WTF!!!!

It's an early Christmas present for Liverpool fans... Chelsea lost too. LFC 4 pts clear at Christmas. Trying to temper my enthusiasm... City are still favourites IMO, but the magnitude of the clash in Manchester early Jan just ramped up.

Reactions: atttomole

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Another satisfying game. Good to see Leicester push City towards meltdown. Liverpool have to do us some favours though. As things stand I can’t see City getting anything at Anfield in January. They’ll probably spend a fortune to paper over the cracks

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The whole title race has been blown right open. Dreadful Christmas period for City. We're seven points clear of them and levelled up the Goal Difference. Two huge games coming up for Liverpool... Arsenal at home and City away. We'll still be top even if we lost them both... but if we won them both, then I'm thinking of the title. Don't want to get ahead of myself though... Lots of matches to play...

Good to see Spurs up there man... I prefer them to any of the other Top 6 teams outside of Liverpool.