Premier League 2018/2019

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The whole title race has been blown right open. Dreadful Christmas period for City. We're seven points clear of them and levelled up the Goal Difference. Two huge games coming up for Liverpool... Arsenal at home and City away. We'll still be top even if we lost them both... but if we won them both, then I'm thinking of the title. Don't want to get ahead of myself though... Lots of matches to play...

Good to see Spurs up there man... I prefer them to any of the other Top 6 teams outside of Liverpool.
Another win by Liverpool against City in a few days would put Liverpool in the driving seat. That is what we pray for now. :)

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looks like Spurs' outside chances at a title push look dead in the water after losing at home against Man United. Solskjaer's got the red machine purring again... a Champions League place looks back on the cards for them.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This season is spiralling into disaster for Spurs. Dele Alli off with a hamstring. Daniel fucking Levy get your wallet out! If someone can explain to me how we managed to steal 3 points from that match I'll be grateful. I had actually switched over to another channel in disgust and went back for the result and saw it. Amazing...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
what a bizarre week of Premier League football! Man City loses, Chelsea get smashed, Liverpool seemed to choke. And an injury devastated Spurs team come back to win from a goal down. The only thing that would have made things better would have been the scum losing and United as well. I won't complain! :D

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I can't believe it. We're back up to second, and only 4 points behind Liverpool. Tough games for both Liverpool and City this weekend. I'm not saying it's back on, but god darn it! Spurs are keeping me hoping! :D

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I can't believe it. We're back up to second, and only 4 points behind Liverpool. Tough games for both Liverpool and City this weekend. I'm not saying it's back on, but god darn it! Spurs are keeping me hoping! :D

I kind of rolled my eyes to see Spurs back in the mix... It thought you were done and dusted... Realistically though, I don't feel you are championship material with that threadbare squad... good first XI but not enough depth... Still think this is a 2 horse race. Need a Liverpool win away at West Ham... this race is starting to pull at my nerves.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
There's no question our squad it thread bare, but if we keep hanging on when we have all these injuries, we stand as good a chance as any to steal in. You would be making a big mistake discounting them. We've tended to finish better than your lot the last few years. So have City. It's not over yet

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
just sporting banter here britbox, I can't resist...Truth, is if Spurs can't win it, I would rather you fellas did. But still...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
just sporting banter here britbox, I can't resist...Truth, is if Spurs can't win it, I would rather you fellas did. But still...

Ha,ha... I have changed my avatar in readiness for the challenge. I'll change it to Harry Kane if you win the title.

Liverpool didn't play particularly well... but I've seen them play worse a couple of times this season and win... I'm not panicking... that loss at City meant it was going to go down to the wire. Some fans are panicking like crazy though... jeez. Two draws but still top of the table. I'd have taken this at the start of the season. We need to steady the ship with the Bournemouth match though... that's becoming a must-win seeing as we have Bayern and Man United away coming up.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Ha,ha... I have changed my avatar in readiness for the challenge. I'll change it to Harry Kane if you win the title.

Liverpool didn't play particularly well... but I've seen them play worse a couple of times this season and win... I'm not panicking... that loss at City meant it was going to go down to the wire. Some fans are panicking like crazy though... jeez. Two draws but still top of the table. I'd have taken this at the start of the season. We need to steady the ship with the Bournemouth match though... that's becoming a must-win seeing as we have Bayern and Man United away coming up.
Bournemouth match will be massive for sure. In recent weeks both Spurs and Chelsea have taken them to poundtown. It wouldn't be a good look if you to have a relatively comfortable win

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Utterly pathetic from Chelsea today. Surely that's it for Sarri. My boys keep following hoping for some slip ups, but if City don't drop points against Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton what chance does anyone have? :(

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Utterly pathetic from Chelsea today. Surely that's it for Sarri. My boys keep following hoping for some slip ups, but if City don't drop points against Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton what chance does anyone have? :(

Well mate, only 11 days ago they lost to Newcastle... but I won't deny I was hoping Chelsea would pick up a point... I nearly choked when I saw a 6-0 drubbing over my cornflakes.

I stayed up for Liverpool match against Bournemouth (who also smashed Chelsea 4-0 a few weeks ago) and they steadied the ship...

I think this will go down to the wire with a couple of twists and turns. It's still in Liverpool's hands at the moment, but that game in hand is away at a rejuvenated Man United.

Spurs aren't winning the league mate... you're relying on Liverpool and City messing up and your guys going almost perfect... not going to happen.

Agree that Sarri gets the bullet.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm happy to still be in the race mate. If we are still close in the final month and a half with our top players back from injury, I wouldn't dismiss us. For the record I believe City will win the title. If we win our game in hand we'll remain 2 points behind City. But we go to Anfield and Eastlands. If we do damage in those places we could win the title :D But feel free to keep ignoring us, under the radar is good!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm happy to still be in the race mate. If we are still close in the final month and a half with our top players back from injury, I wouldn't dismiss us. For the record I believe City will win the title. If we win our game in hand we'll remain 2 points behind City. But we go to Anfield and Eastlands. If we do damage in those places we could win the title :D But feel free to keep ignoring us, under the radar is good!

I'd also make City favourites... I picked them at the beginning of the season, but as it stands it's still in Liverpool's hands. I hope you do come third mate... Spurs are probably my favourite London club... but you aren't going to win it. Absolutely not.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'd also make City favourites... I picked them at the beginning of the season, but as it stands it's still in Liverpool's hands. I hope you do come third mate... Spurs are probably my favourite London club... but you aren't going to win it. Absolutely not.
Lol! I hope we come first mate. It's still possible

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is something that I don't even want to contemplate for fear of jinxing it, but Talksport has pointed out that this could be a pivotal weekend in the race. If Man United beat Liverpool and Spurs beat Burnley, the title will be Spurs' to lose. I thought it was nuts, but they're right. In that scenario, if Spurs were to win every subsequent match they would take points off both Liverpool and City and thus acquire the most number of points. It's madness, madness! :lol6:

I'll wake up now... :D

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is something that I don't even want to contemplate for fear of jinxing it, but Talksport has pointed out that this could be a pivotal weekend in the race. If Man United beat Liverpool and Spurs beat Burnley, the title will be Spurs' to lose. I thought it was nuts, but they're right. In that scenario, if Spurs were to win every subsequent match they would take points off both Liverpool and City and thus acquire the most number of points. It's madness, madness! :lol6:

I'll wake up now... :D
Yeah, kind of bizarre... I wouldn't rule that scenario out for this weekend at least... but I still think you finish third.