Premier League 2019/2020

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm only just getting over the excitement of last season, but here we are again. The Season kicks off this weekend.

Predictions?

I think the title is a straight two-horse race between Liverpool and City.

The other champions league places will go to Spurs and one of Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It always surprises me too how quick new season comes. I'd love to see Liverpool win a premiership this year, they started well last night. I see they bought no big names compared to City who just keeps spending a good amount very year.

Maybe City and Liverpool can swap places this year, City to win CL and Liverpool PL. Spanish clubs are not a dominating force in CL anymore. Also Bayern is making the team and Juventus like PSG is suffering from a weak league syndrome.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I actually think Spurs will be much stronger this season. How we managed to compete for over half the season last year still amazes me. This year our squad is a bit deeper, our players are rested with fewer injuries. I think that City remain prohibitive favourites, but I think Liverpool, Spurs and City will have good separation to the next team. Btw I think that next team should comfortably be Arsenal. Man Utd and Chelsea are weaker and need to be concerned about Leicester. Wolves will disappoint (everyone knows them now), Everton will get the manager sacked as they've made too many changes for a good outcome. My initial thoughts. Great wins for Liverpool and City so far, reinforces my point. I'm expecting a similar scoreline for Spurs. They'll probably embarrass me now :D

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm awaiting news of Alisson's injury. Looks like a ripped calf to me. I did mine playing tennis and I thought somebody had whacked me with a racquet in the back of the leg. If that's his issue he could be out for a couple of months.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great match Tottenham-Villa. Villa defense under siege for the past 20 minutes at least. Just when I tought nothing will go in today, they mananged to score. 1:1, 15 mins to go.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A little bit of luck is all that's needed sometimes, 2:1.

edit: 3:1

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
that was a thoroughly sobering start to the season. Man we need Eriksen in that midfield it seems. We'll have problems when Levy sells him in the next few weeks! We'll need to be better against City

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I actually think Spurs will be much stronger this season. How we managed to compete for over half the season last year still amazes me. This year our squad is a bit deeper, our players are rested with fewer injuries. I think that City remain prohibitive favourites, but I think Liverpool, Spurs and City will have good separation to the next team. Btw I think that next team should comfortably be Arsenal. Man Utd and Chelsea are weaker and need to be concerned about Leicester. Wolves will disappoint (everyone knows them now), Everton will get the manager sacked as they've made too many changes for a good outcome. My initial thoughts. Great wins for Liverpool and City so far, reinforces my point. I'm expecting a similar scoreline for Spurs. They'll probably embarrass me now :D

Yep, I'm thinking along the same lines... Liverpool and City battling out for the title (City will be favourites again), Spurs third and then the best of the rest. I'll be happy if United don't make the top 4 again. Based on their summer signings, I'm not confident they'll be much better than last.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Klopp is a top guy. I love the energy.

Nice to win, but the Super Cup never really meant that much to me. I always saw it as a UEFA cash cow trinket.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I LOVE VAR I FKG LOVE IT!!!

I expected Tottenham could maybe snatch some points here. The odds were ridicilously in favour of City like they almost played some low ranked club, not 3rd in the league. Still City showed all it's power just couldn't capitalize.

With regards to VAR there are some discussions was it a good decision or not, but obviously was because the ball touched the hand and changed course and hand was not close to body or even behind the back.

It's funny how Aguero argued with Guardiola for pulling him out and Gabriel Jesus, who came in instead of Aguero, scored that goal which could be the winning one, but it wasn't at the end.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
we were lucky though. Lamela looked like he gave away a penalty in the first half.

They had 30 attempts, to our 3. We scored with 2 attempts and the only other one was a Harry Kane shot to nothing from the halfway line! :D

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
we were lucky though. Lamela looked like he gave away a penalty in the first half.

Where referee quickly decided not to bother with VAR, but we've all seen these situations sometimes end up as a penalty.

Definitely a lucky escape for Spurs, but I like how they are able to score goals against City seemingly out of nowhere and City keeps drilling through their defense for 90 minutes and still scored the same.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
6 wins out of 6 for Liverpool in the Premier League, and 15 on the spin carrying on from last season. Another two horse race this season. City could have scored 11 or 12 in their match. Liverpool a tad fortunate at Chelsea... but winning ugly is the mark of champions.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mane does know how to fall. I don't see a contact there to be called out a penalty. Did referee use a VAR? I just saw the situation, didn't watch the game. Seems like undeserved win for Liverpool.

Spurs continue to play badly this season, lost to Brighton 3:0.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, there was contact and VAR confirmed it. Mane made the most of it but it was generally agreed by the commentators and analysts that it was a foul. Liverpool were the better team and deserved the win.

Spurs are pretty awful at the moment.

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
City lost to Wolves at home and Liverpool has a nice 8 point lead at the moment.