2. Daniil Medvedev
3. Andrey Rublev
4. Alexander Zverev

Alternates:

1. Hubert Hurkacz
2. Taylor Fritz

Piazzale_Grande_Torino,_Turin,_Italy.jpg

The Tournament:

The ATP Finals is the season-ending championship of the ATP Tour. It is the most significant tennis event in the men's annual calendar after the four majors, as it features the top eight singles players and top eight doubles teams based on their results throughout the season. The eighth spot is reserved, if needed, for a player or team who won a major in the current year and are ranked from ninth to twentieth.

The tournament uses a unique format not seen in other ATP Tour events: the players are separated into two groups of four, within which they each play three round-robin matches. The top two players or teams from each group after the round-robin stage move on to a knock-out format in the semifinals and final to determine the champion.

The tournament was first held in 1970, although it was then known by a different name. Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic hold the record for the most singles titles with six, while Peter Fleming and John McEnroe jointly hold the record for the most doubles titles with seven.

In the tournament's current format, the champion can earn a maximum of 1,500 ranking points, if they win the event as an undefeated champion in the round-robin stage.

By winning the 2022 title, Djokovic earned a record $4,740,300, the highest payout for a tournament winner in tennis. Also, Rajeev Ram and Joe Salisbury claimed $930,300, the highest payout in doubles history.

About Turin:

Turin is a city and an important business and cultural centre in Northern Italy. It is the capital city of Piedmont and of the Metropolitan City of Turin, and was the first Italian capital from 1861 to 1865. The city is mainly on the western bank of the Po River, below its Susa Valley, and is surrounded by the western Alpine arch and Superga Hill. The population of the city proper is 847,287 (31 January 2022) while the population of the urban area is estimated by Eurostat to be 1.7 million inhabitants. The Turin metropolitan area is estimated by the OECD to have a population of 2.2 million.

IMG_4762.png

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Must be weird for Novak to see his former coach sitting in the Dane’s box. Becker looked very aged and haggard in Paris.
Oh well, he will have another chance to see him again in Rune Box, maybe his fraud charges, time in jail has caught up with him

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This quote from Stefanos Tsitsipas made me smile,
Stefanos Tsitsipas has suggested that winning the ATP Finals is 'bigger than' winning a Grand Slam Title' ( at least he has stop declaring his love and devotion for Paula Badosa for a second on social media).

tented

Administrator
Reactions
This quote from Stefanos Tsitsipas made me smile,
Stefanos Tsitsipas has suggested that winning the ATP Finals is 'bigger than' winning a Grand Slam Title' ( at least he has stop declaring his love and devotion for Paula Badosa for a second on social media).
Other Tsitsipas quotes:

”Losing the RG final after being up two sets to love was greater than winning it.”
”The way in which I lost the AO final in straight sets was greater than winning it.”

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Other Tsitsipas quotes:

”Losing the RG final after being up two sets to love was greater than winning it.”
”The way in which I lost the AO final in straight sets was greater than winning it.”
I have no 'words' lol!

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tough group for Rublev. If he can raise his level to when he played Novak, he’s got a good chance to be competitive with the others.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Must be weird for Novak to see his former coach sitting in the Dane’s box. Becker looked very aged and haggard in Paris.

Becker's led a very hard life! Started out as a successful pro winning majors 17! He also got married muiltiple times going thru divorce before going to jail for a couple years for tax evasion! He was guilty AF, growing up on the knee of Ion Tiriac! I hope he can help Rune! :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Other Tsitsipas quotes:

Did he seriously say that??

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks, Green group to me is a bit more challenging
I'm not sure, based on who is trending. Normally, at this time of year, I would have said having Medvedev in your half was worse, but Tsitsipas has been playing rather well. Also, Rune is feeling better and playing better, but that's a bit fresh. I do think Sinner is a problem on either side, but I guess Carlos is glad not to have him. Is that what folks are thinking?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not sure, based on who is trending. Normally, at this time of year, I would have said having Medvedev in your half was worse, but Tsitsipas has been playing rather well. Also, Rune is feeling better and playing better, but that's a bit fresh. I do think Sinner is a problem on either side, but I guess Carlos is glad not to have him. Is that what folks are thinking?
I will be interested to see Alcaraz v Meddy, after their most recent match at the USO, their H2H is 2all, Alcaraz hasnt faced Rublev, though I feel he has more upside to his game, and I also feel Alcaraz can win against Zverev.
Personally speaking I am waiting for the match up Novak v Sinner on a HC, for the first time, Novak wasnt at his best in Paris, his serve actually helped him through matches especially at the business end of the tournament, while Sinner played the best match so far this year against Meddy to win in Vienna,. of course with the insane scheduling at Paris, when Sinners match finished in the early hours of the morning and was expected to get up for a morning matchj, he withdrew,so I didnt get to see how he further handled the Paris conditions,.Rune is a player that is not over awed by Novak, plays well indoors, Stefanos is probably the weakest link, in that group, I mean it has taken him nearly all year to find his game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

MikeOne

Masters Champion
Reactions
Nole thrashing alcaraz 6-1 in practice set at turin.

My pick though is Sinner. He has had a breakout year, it’s in italy and feels like his time.

Tsitispas i think will also be dangerous as he has been playing better lately and prob feels he needs to make up from relatively subpar year after he made finals of AO

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nole thrashing alcaraz 6-1 in practice set at turin.

My pick though is Sinner. He has had a breakout year, it’s in italy and feels like his time.

Tsitispas i think will also be dangerous as he has been playing better lately and prob feels he needs to make up from relatively subpar year after he made finals of AO

You picking Sinner to win the title?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Nole thrashing alcaraz 6-1 in practice set at Turin.

I'm not sure how motivated Novak will be for this YEC! He had gone 7-8 years w/o a title before snagging his 6th win last season to tie Roger! I joke that he used up every bit of luck & skill in 2015 that he'd pay for it! He did w/ a lackluster 2016 (w/ Nole-Slam) and an injured 2017 resulting in "Fedal Redux!" :face-with-head-bandage: :fearful-face: :yawningface: