(7) Alexander Zverev

Group B / Bjorn Borg:

(2) Novak Djokovic
(3) Roger Federer
(5) Dominic Thiem
(8) Matteo Berrettini

o2-court-nitto-atp-finals-2019.jpg

The Tournament:

The Nitto ATP Finals is the year-end climax to the ATP Tour season. The event, which features only the world's best eight qualified singles players and doubles teams, is contested in a round-robin format with the best four players and doubles teams reaching the knockout semi-finals stage. The prestigious tournament has been contested in major cities around the world, with a rich history dating back to the birth of The Masters in Tokyo (1970). In 2009, the tournament moved to its current home in London, where it will be played through 2020.

About London:

London is the capital and largest city of England and the United Kingdom. Standing on the River Thames in the south-east of England, at the head of its 50-mile (80 km) estuary leading to the North Sea, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. Londinium was founded by the Romans. The City of London, London's ancient core − an area of just 1.12 square miles (2.9 km2) and colloquially known as the Square Mile − retains boundaries that follow closely its medieval limits. The City of Westminster is also an Inner London borough holding city status. Greater London is governed by the Mayor of London and the London Assembly.

London is considered to be one of the world's most important global cities and has been termed the world's most powerful, most desirable, most influential, most visited, most expensive, innovative, sustainable, most investment friendly, and most popular for work city in the world. London exerts a considerable impact upon the arts, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, finance, healthcare, media, professional services, research and development, tourism and transportation. London ranks 26 out of 300 major cities for economic performance. It is one of the largest financial centres and has either the fifth or sixth largest metropolitan area GDP. It is the most-visited city as measured by international arrivals and has the busiest city airport system as measured by passenger traffic. It is the leading investment destination, hosting more international retailers and ultra high-net-worth individuals than any other city. London's universities form the largest concentration of higher education institutes in Europe, and is home of world-class institutions such as Imperial College London in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and the London School of Economics in economics, finance, and business. In 2012, London became the first city to have hosted three modern Summer Olympic Games.

vb34156199_1100.jpg

Future-London.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The draw for WTF is out.

Agassi Group: Ralph, Med, Tits and Sasha

Borg Group: Novak, Fed, Thiem and Matteo

Ralph got lucked out heavily. First he did not draw Fed. Second, both Tits and Sasha are kind of slumping currently. So, Ralph should be able to eke out two wins at least, even if he does not advance. In that case, Novak can wrench #1 only if he wins WTF. But, I think Roger will win this year's WTF. So, most probably Ralph will end up as YE #1.

Of course, all of this is based on the assumption that Ralph is in a position to play and his form will be at least as good as in Bercy.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The draw for WTF is out.

Borg Group: Novak, Federer, Thiem, and Matteo

Ralph got lucked out heavily. First he did not draw Fed. Second, both Tits and Sasha are kind of slumping currently. So, Ralph should be able to eke out two wins at least, even if he does not advance. In that case, Novak can wrench #1 only if he wins WTF. But, I think Roger will win this year's WTF. So, most probably Ralph will end up as YE #1.

Of course, all of this is based on the assumption that Ralph is in a position to play and his form will be at least as good as in Bercy.

Well this "broken clock" is callin' it early! I doubt Rafa will even lift a racket next week! If he does show up to collect his $$, Nadal will either lose an early match and "shut it down" or barely make the SF where he'll be vulnerable against either Fedovic! I see this as Nole having a dream draw with his pigeon, "old man river," a new kid with tons of promise, & a present star who's not quite ready to overcome Djokovic on his home court! I'm hopin' Nole will not only win his 6th title and tie Roger, but reclaim his #1 ranking in time to hold over the dead period out of season! :whistle: :eek: :sick: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This reminds me of when I am promised some happy time with wifey but my 3 year says they can't sleep because they're afraid of the boogyman..Just like Paris, I seriously have no expectations for Rafa's chances.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Frankly I'm interested in Nadal getting that 5th year-end #1 and the extra weeks at no.1 until next year, more than him winning the WTF title. Sure if he wins the title it would be great especially since some of the haters hold it against him but personally I don't care much about it cause it's nowhere near the slams.

That being said, this year he shut down many haters who used to brag about "he never defended a non-clay title" and "he can't win many slams outside RG", by defending his title in Canada and winning a 4th USO (and 7th non-clay slam). So why not also win the WTF and shut down some more haters?

We'll see what happens, but I really hope he doesn't pull out and does well enough to keep that no.1 ranking.

Reactions: Andy22

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Frankly I'm interested in Nadal getting that 5th year-end #1 and the extra weeks at no.1 until next year, more than him winning the WTF title. Sure if he wins the title it would be great especially since some of the haters hold it against him but personally I don't care much about it cause it's nowhere near the slams.

That being said, this year he shut down many haters who used to brag about "he never defended a non-clay title" and "he can't win many slams outside RG", by defending his title in Canada and winning a 4th USO (and 7th non-clay slam). So why not also win the WTF and shut down some more haters?

We'll see what happens, but I really hope he doesn't pull out and does well enough to keep that no.1 ranking.
No..#20 at AO..it's gonna Take new knee injections , first strike tennis and a all attack on Novak's FH and Roger's BH to win that damn title..I don't want to tell you my definition of WTF means to me because I went to church on Sunday and don't want to block my weekly blessing with my vulgar language.

Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Well this "broken clock" is callin' it early! I doubt Rafa will even lift a racket next week! If he does show up to collect his $$, Nadal will either lose an early match and "shut it down" or barely make the SF where he'll be vulnerable against either Fedovic! I see this as Nole having a dream draw with his pigeon, "old man river," a new kid with tons of promise, & a present star who's not quite ready to overcome Djokovic on his home court! I'm hopin' Nole will not only win his 6th title and tie Roger, but reclaim his #1 ranking in time to hold over the dead period out of season! :whistle: :eek: :sick: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Ralph is going to London . So, it looks like at least he won't go down with a fight.

Reactions: Moxie

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I hated those groups. It is the last combination I would pick myself. To begin with it pits my two favorite players together (Federer and Thiem), and denies Federer getting one more win over Nadal.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The draw for WTF is out.

Borg Group: Novak, Fed, Thiem and Matteo

I was a sort of hoping that Daniil would be on Novak's side, since he's won their last 2 encounters. Not a problem that he's on Rafa's side. But I do agree that he's lucky to have Tsitsipas on his side, who is disappointing, for the time being. Zverev is defending, though I'm not sure if that's a worry. Theim is at least trending a bit, and Matteo is still possibly dangerous.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I was a sort of hoping that Daniil would be on Novak's side, since he's won their last 2 encounters. Not a problem that he's on Rafa's side. But I do agree that he's lucky to have Tsitsipas on his side, who is disappointing, for the time being. Zverev is defending, though I'm not sure if that's a worry. Theim is at least trending a bit, and Matteo is still possibly dangerous.

Be careful what you wish for. They have consequences.

Fed is ranked #3 and Med is ranked #4 and by draw procedure, they will be placed necessarily in different groups. Only way that Ralph could avoid Med is if he draws Fed. I am sure, even you would say that Ralph would pick Med instead of Fed if he were to choose himself.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Be careful what you wish for. They have consequences.

Fed is ranked #3 and Med is ranked #4 and by draw procedure, they will be placed necessarily in different groups. Only way that Ralph could avoid Med is if he draws Fed. I am sure, even you would say that Ralph would pick Med instead of Fed if he were to choose himself.
I do know the variables. Roger is a much worse pull on indoor HC for Rafa. I was just thinking about Novak losing at least in RR, and not getting the YE#1, or potentially, even, to the finals.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I do know the variables. Roger is a much worse pull on indoor HC for Rafa. I was just thinking about Novak losing at least in RR, and not getting the YE#1, or potentially, even, to the finals.

Don't worry, Fed will win WTF and spoil Nole's party.

But, that won't be enough. Your boy should win a couple of matches. Only then he can keep #1, despite assist from Fed.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It seems the injury is not so bad and nothing is broken but Rafa is not going to have enough time to practice, he will try on Saturday to see if he can play or not but I'm afraid he won't be ready. I can't believe looking and playing so well like he was doing in Paris then it happened to him :cry:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don't worry, Fed will win WTF and spoil Nole's party.

But, that won't be enough. Your boy should win a couple of matches. Only then he can keep #1, despite assist from Fed.
Hopefully Nadal can bring his best, and even win it. Why not? I know what you want...Roger wins the YEC, and Rafa the YE#1, because Novak is getting too close. Let's face it.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions

It’s kind of conspicuous that most of Nadal fans don’t give much about WTF, where every year end the best players play for the crown. Why is that so?
Is the connection only coincidental? :)

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Hopefully Nadal can bring his best, and even win it. Why not? I know what you want...Roger wins the YEC, and Rafa the YE#1, because Novak is getting too close. Let's face it.
I do hope the same for Nadal, but for another reason of course. If he didn’t play well or is still injured, he can’t meet Novak or Federer in SF or F.
Despite these record discussions, for me it’s more important that Novak improves his h2h record against these two Greats! So he has to play them. To have a positive record against BOTH is absolutely unique.
Let’s both hope they will battle against each other:good:.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
It’s kind of conspicuous that most of Nadal fans don’t give much about WTF, where every year end the best players play for the crown. Why is that so?
Is the connection only coincidental? :)
wtf Is just a super exhibiton but anyway well done to Djokovic on winning it so much

Reactions: Bonaca