Nitto ATP Finals, 2019, London

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Clearly you're just campaigning for a way that Rafa can win it, Moxie.

I'll give Rafa a way; go back to the old days when The Masters' YEC moved around the world and even changed surfaces! That can be his crutch if he's truly desperate to win the 5th biggest event of the season! It's a shame that players not even in the top 100 now have won the WTF, but Nadal's been trying for years and I can only remember him playing 2 finals! Of course his best outing may have been in '09 when he lost all 3 of his RR matches! That was very entertaining and I re-live it whenever possible off my VHS recording! :whistle: :eek: :oops: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Meanings differ about that.
Every win and lost counts, so the overall h2h is the most important. That’s why it’s called OVERALL.
All of the 3 are highly ambitious, it matters.
You say Nadal is Goat, but in over 50 matches he loses more than won against Novak, how that sound to you. If Nadal is Goat, how you call the player who beat him the most ? Super- GOAT? I can accept that ;-):

That means that Connors is the GOAT since he has the most OVERALL titles. :rolleyes: Like I said, if you want to talk about "overall h2h" then you have to talk about "overall titles"... If you want to talk about "slam titles" then you need to talk about "slam h2h". You can't use slam titles as an argument for GOATness and then talk about overall h2h at the same time which includes atp250, 500, masters 1000 etc. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!! :bye:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'll give Rafa a way; go back to the old days when The Masters' YEC moved around the world and even changed surfaces! That can be his crutch if he's truly desperate to win the 5th biggest event of the season! It's a shame that players not even in the top 100 now have won the WTF, but Nadal's been trying for years and I can only remember him playing 2 finals! Of course his best outing may have been in '09 when he lost all 3 of his RR matches! That was very entertaining and I re-live it whenever possible off my VHS recording!
The down side of having someone on ignore...you tend to repeat. And get wrong. Sure, the YEC changed surfaces, a little tiny bit, and not really for decades.

Players not in the top 100 have won the YEC? Nalbandian? Davydenko? Dimitrov? Zverev? Oh, got it...Andy Murray. That over-achiever. The other down side of having someone on ignore is that when they call you a putz you won't know it.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
It's kind of an anomalous event, you have to say. It has moved around a lot over the years, changed names a few times, too, so not as hallowed as the Slams. But it's mostly always played on indoor HCs, and almost always in the Northern Hemisphere. Is there a good argument for that? I'm not convinced. Next year it moves to Torino. Again, indoor HC, and in Europe. And probably, as at the O2 in London, or Madison Square Garden in the old days, to be played on a makeshift court that stands for only a couple of weeks, at best. Funny how we can't get a MS 1000 on grass due to limits from the facilities, but they can play the YEC for 1500 points on any random concrete surface that can hold up for 15 days and win the bid.

Are Nadal fans a bit unenthused by this? Sure. But you might also ask yourself if it's a coincidence that Federer and Djokovic fans are so happy about it. It suits your faves. It's an interesting format, in that we get to see top guys play against each other, when maybe they don't meet often across the year. And we get to see how match-ups work, in short succession, since it's not sudden-death. But only on the one surface. All I've ever argued for is that they could rotate more, in terms of venues and surfaces, to get the most for the fans, across the globe, and the most interesting match-ups on various surfaces. However, as soon as I say that, someone will only say that I'm campaigning for a way that Rafa could win it. As @El Dude likes to do to me....and 3, 2, 1.
That means that Connors is the GOAT since he has the most OVERALL titles. :rolleyes: Like I said, if you want to talk about "overall h2h" then you have to talk about "overall titles"... If you want to talk about "slam titles" then you need to talk about "slam h2h". You can't use slam titles as an argument for GOATness and then talk about overall h2h at the same time which includes atp250, 500, masters 1000 etc. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!! :bye:[/
I’m referring to your Nadal Goat repetitions, and I talk nowadays and the big 3.
I said it multiple times, there is no one goat when looking at these 3. There are arguments for all of them.
But if you think Nadal is the best player of all times/ ever, how should Novak be called who beat him more often in so many matches? How could he be so great when there is someone who is better face to face?
That’s my point buddy. I know it’s not nice to read that, but you and some others came up repeatedly with this god like shit about a tennis player from Spain.
He is damn good, no doubt about that, so are the others.
Also to you a nice day.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
That means that Connors is the GOAT since he has the most OVERALL titles. :rolleyes: Like I said, if you want to talk about "overall h2h" then you have to talk about "overall titles"... If you want to talk about "slam titles" then you need to talk about "slam h2h". You can't use slam titles as an argument for GOATness and then talk about overall h2h at the same time which includes atp250, 500, masters 1000 etc. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!! :bye:
I’m referring to your Nadal Goat repetitions, and I talk nowadays and the big 3.
I said it multiple times, there is no one goat when looking at these 3. There are arguments for all of them.
But if you think Nadal is the best player of all times/ ever, how should Novak be called who beat him more often in so many matches? How could he be so great when there is someone who is better face to face?
That’s my point buddy. I know it’s not nice to read that, but you and some others came up repeatedly with this god like shit about a tennis player from Spain.
He is damn good, no doubt about that, so are the others.
Also to you a nice day.[/QUOTE]

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If you think that beating Nadal in "best of 3" matches like atp250, atp500, atp1000 is the same importance and/or difficulty as beating him in a "best of 5" slam then I can't help you. :cuckoo: Nadal is 9-6 vs Djokovic and 10-4 vs Federer, never forget! :bye: It's about the slam titles and slam h2h, that's where GOATness is decided. Everything else is secondary.

Reactions: Andy22

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
If you think that beating Nadal in "best of 3" matches like atp250, atp500, atp1000 is the same importance and/or difficulty as beating him in a "best of 5" slam then I can't help you. :cuckoo: Nadal is 9-6 vs Djokovic and 10-4 vs Federer, never forget! :bye: It's about the slam titles and slam h2h. Everything else is secondary.
That makes no sense, if he’s the best ever to play the game, as you are praying, then why he didn’t win best of 2 matches more often against his nemesis? Why he loses more matches against an 38 Roger in the most of their last matches, why isn’t he better at indoor events or fast surfaces?
How can this be the best ever?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That makes no sense, if he’s the best ever to play the game, as you are praying, then why he didn’t win best of 2 matches more often against his nemesis? Why he loses more matches against an 38 Roger in the most of their last matches, why isn’t he better at indoor events or fast surfaces?
How can this be the best ever?

You're the one who makes no sense. Being the GOAT doesn't mean being perfect. :rolleyes:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
If you think that beating Nadal in "best of 3" matches like atp250, atp500, atp1000 is the same importance and/or difficulty as beating him in a "best of 5" slam then I can't help you. :cuckoo: Nadal is 9-6 vs Djokovic and 10-4 vs Federer, never forget! :bye: It's about the slam titles and slam h2h, that's where GOATness is decided. Everything else is secondary.
He played all these matches that you are downgrading, why? To lose? No he wants them all to win, but couldn’t . Because he is the best ever? Very logical.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He played all these matches that you are downgrading, why? To lose? No he wants them all to win, but couldn’t . Because he is the best ever? Very logical.

So it means that Connors is the GOAT as he has the most overall titles. Djokovic is not even close yet he also plays atp250, 500, 1000... But he couldn't win like Connors, he's nowhere near close.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
So it means that Connors is the GOAT as he has the most overall titles. Djokovic is not even close yet he also plays atp250, 500, 1000... But he couldn't win like Connors, he's nowhere near close.
He beats your guy more often, even on clay he beats him more than everyone else. He’s better on every surface except dirt.
I’m talking about Novak and Nadal, not Connors.
Let your Goat Definition beside , answer me only one question:
Is Nadal better than Novak , if it’s only between them?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He beats your guy more often, even on clay he beats him more than everyone else. He’s better on every surface except dirt.
I’m talking about Novak and Nadal, not Connors.
Let your Goat Definition beside , answer me only one question:
Is Nadal better than Novak , if it’s only between them?

Of course Nadal is better. Everyone would rather be 26-28 but 9-6 in slams instead of 28-26 but 6-9 in slams. :cuckoo: Just like everyone would rather have 70 overall titles but 16 slams instead of 100 overall titles but 8 slams. :rolleyes:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Of course Nadal is better. Everyone would rather be 26-28 but 9-6 in slams instead of 28-26 and 6-9 in slams. :cuckoo:
Haha of course.
Novak won more matches, more sets and more games against Nadal. But Nadal is better face to face? :cuckoo:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Haha of course.
Novak won more matches, more sets and more games against Nadal. But Nadal is better face to face? :cuckoo:

For the last time, if you want to include all matches then you have to include all titles and therefore Connors is the GOAT.

But when talking about GOATness we all talk about slams as most important so therefore it's also slam h2h that is most important.

Either way when all is said and done it will be 1. Nadal (23 slams), 2. Federer (20 slams), 3. Djokovic (17 slams). Now please go to bed and have sweet dreams. :smooch:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
For the last time, if you want to include all matches then you have to include all titles and therefore Connors is the GOAT.

But when talking about GOATness we all talk about slams as most important so therefore it's also slam h2h that is most important.

Either way when all is said and done it will be 1. Nadal (23 slams), 2. Federer (20 slams), 3. Djokovic (17 slams). Now please go to bed and have sweet dreams. :smooch:
We don’t talk about 10 matches, we talk about 54 matches they played. That’s a significant number.
Novak has won more, that’s the fact. He beat him more times.
Everything you wrote Is about the general Goat- discussion, what counts more or less.
I compare only your goat with Novak in terms of the matches they played, and for this there is not much goatness left.
I wish they have played and will play much more matches against each other, I think you don’t wish. And for a good reason.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We don’t talk about 10 matches, we talk about 54 matches they played. That’s a significant number.
Novak has won more, that’s the fact. He beat him more times.
Everything you wrote Is about the general Goat- discussion, what counts more or less.
I compare only your goat with Novak in terms of the matches they played, and for this there is not much goatness left.
I wish they have played and will play much more matches against each other, I think you don’t wish. And for a good reason.

Djokovic is better in 3 set meetings but Nadal is better in 5 set meetings. I think Djokovic should consider joining the WTA, he'd do great there! :bye:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic is better in 3 set meetings but Nadal is better in 5 set meetings. I think Djokovic should consider joining the WTA, he'd do great there! :bye:
He is better overall because he won more matches, sets and games and points. So he won more rallies.
if he surpass him in this aspect he’s the best.
Your 3set 5set Argument doesn’t stand.

Reactions: Fiero425