NFL Playoffs

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Pack tie it up w/ 14 ticks left. 22-22. Looks like OT.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yeah. GB kicking all those FG in the 1st half was the difference. They didn't put up enough points when Wilson was playing one of his worst games ever.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
At the end , the runaway train named seahawks could not be stopped, they marched down the field and win it with a sudden death touch-down. The packers had them on the ropes and let them come back.

Seattle is in super bowl for second year in a row, going for a repeat.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
the AntiPusher said:
What a game , this has got to be pure agonizing for Darth to bear

Hopefully no furniture is being broken... unbelievable. :nono

Amen Brother, what Gutsy performance by Wilson, the Beast and the rest of the team including Sherman who was playing Like a Warrior, Congrats to all the Seahawks and their fans

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Loser franchise as long as they have that coaching staff. It's a big reason they find a way to lose damn near every big game. I wasn't surprised they lost even up 19-7 with 5 minutes left, that's what mediocre franchises do and that's what they've been for 4 years and counting

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Loser franchise as long as they have that coaching staff. It's a big reason they find a way to lose damn near every big game. I wasn't surprised they lost even up 19-7 with 5 minutes left, that's what mediocre franchises do and that's what they've been for 4 years and counting

I wasn't watching much at all until the last 5 minutes, but why did the Packers struggle so much to get any points in the second half. They couldn't find a way to get a TD?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This Patriots-Colts match-up is one of the lamest I can remember for a conference championship. The Colts have about as much chance of winning as Hewitt or Roddick did against Federer in Slam finals.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Ultra-conservative in the 2nd half with the defense playing lights out, recipe for disaster. And then our idiot coach passed on 3rd and 5 at a time they should've been running the clock out

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Stepped away from the AFC championship at half time. Checked back in to see NE go up 45 to 7. Yikes.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Ultra-conservative in the 2nd half with the defense playing lights out, recipe for disaster. And then our idiot coach passed on 3rd and 5 at a time they should've been running the clock out

Sorry Dude, no one wants to be the recipent of not being able to maintain a 12 lead with less than 5 minutes left..I would have to blame the defense although they played fantastically during the first half by putting pressure on Russell (Also, I think I mentioned that Clay would be used as a spy). Man.. Sh#T happens

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Shit happens more often to poorly coached teams. As long as they have McCarthy they will continue to be mediocre. I won't blame the defense, they were awesome for 57 minutes and that game should've been put away long before that. When you play not to lose you often do just that. And bostick needs to go after that, first he didn't do his job and block and then he basically handed the ball to the Seahawks on the onside kick. No reason to keep him around after that, fuck him

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/32621512

just read this article. What do you guys make of this whole deflatergate thing?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It was pretty obvious from the start that Brady was involved. These low level equipment employees were not going to deflate the balls on their own. The only questions of the investigation were whether they would find proof that he was involved and whether Belichick and others in the organization had knowledge of it.

They found pretty damning circumstantial evidence leading to the "more probable than not" language throughout the report. Can the NFL suspend Brady on "more probable than not?" They definitely are going to try. I'm guessing they will go for 4 games. After appeal it might be 2 or it might be 0 since they don't have any real proof he was involved. But the other part that might come back to bite Brady is that he didn't cooperate with the investigation by refusing to give them his private phone.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Seems that he's been suspended. Definitely taints his legacy. Can't be in Montana's league now surely?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Montana is the QB GOAT IMO, but Brady was in conversation and probably still is... but it definitely taints his legacy in that the guy is a cheat. Can't believe Belichick was an innocent in all this, or the Pats organisation in general.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Montana definitely is right now but if Brady gets #5...it now becomes a debate instead of a slam dunk because the guy cheated (very possibly for many years) and he's on a team already known for it. With that said I don't equate this to PED's where all accomplishments a player has is wiped off the slate if they've been on the juice. Brady is a great player and the Pats are an excellent team even with Deflategate and Spygate. I too think Belichick very likely knew about this but they have no proof of that yet. I also think Belichick is the main reason the Pats are so successful, not Brady. Even with their backup the Pats would probably go 11-5 (they did in 2008 with Cassel at QB!!)

Goodell will be ruling over the appeal. We've already heard some rumblings about the Pats actually taking this to court which would be very interesting as Brady, his texts and emails would be fair game.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
DarthFed Other Sports 116
DarthFed Other Sports 242