NFL Playoffs

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I figure we should hold a separate thread for the playoffs. Everyone is welcome to make picks each week and also feel free to pick your Super Bowl winner now.

I think Seattle will win it all but this looks like another wide open year where we might see a huge surprise as has been the case the last 3 years.

As for the Wildcard Round:

KC @ Indy - Indy beat them handily in KC a couple weeks ago and they seem to have righted the ship after a bad 3-4 week stretch. KC is a good team but not great, have to go with Indy.

San Diego @ Cincy - Probably the easiest game to call but it should be noted that San Diego can play lights out and beat anybody. Cincy is great at home and figures to win this one.

New Orleans @ Philly - Apparently the conditions might be poor which only favors Philly even more. Philly is the hotter team and New Orleans stinks on the road especially in poor conditions. And if conditions are bad the Eagles have McCoy to do a lot of the heavy lifting. Philly wins though I hope for New Orleans.

San Fran @ Green Bay - San Fran is the only road favorite this week and for good reason. They easily handled the Packers twice last year and then had a close win to open up this season. GB has only 2 advantages in this game, home field and quarterback. And the 2nd one is iffy when you consider he looked plenty rusty last week and he is going against a great defense while Kaepernick is going against a bad one. The forecast appears to be bad and that would neutralize some of the advantage San Fran has. But San Fran is the pick. If GB sneaks this one out they will become very dangerous to deal with. San Fran already is as they have been the best team in the league the last 5-6 weeks. Winner plays Seattle instead of Carolina unless New Orleans wins (and that's why I will be rooting hard for New Orleans).

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OK, I'm late to the party, but Green Bay is my nephew's team. We watched that thriller v. Chicago in my apt. I'm going GB and NO.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
OK, I'm late to the party, but Green Bay is my nephew's team. We watched that thriller v. Chicago in my apt. I'm going GB and NO.

You mean we are on the same side here? That was a thriller indeed, I had my doubts but Rodgers saved our arses. I think my friends and I scared everyone within a 10 mile radius with our shouting! It was like this, sans the Bears fan:

http://deadspin.com/wisconsin-football-celebrates-packers-win-except-for-o-1491378033

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Moxie629 said:

You mean we are on the same side here? That was a thriller indeed, I had my doubts but Rodgers saved our arses. I think my friends and I scared everyone within a 10 mile radius with our shouting! It was like this, sans the Bears fan:

http://deadspin.com/wisconsin-football-celebrates-packers-win-except-for-o-1491378033

We are on the same side! Let's just enjoy it while it lasts. Green Bay all the way! :)

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Your union won't last long. The Pack aren't getting by Frisco this weekend.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
kskate2 said:

We shall see, Kskate. I've got Darth and me holding hands all the way to the Super Bowl win. :hug

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
kskate2 said:

We shall see, Kskate. I've got Darth and me holding hands all the way to the Super Bowl win. :hug
Even Darth picked the 49ers to win. You have more loyalty than he does right now towards GB. :grin:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Darth is a negative Nellie. He knows he wants Green Bay to win, and I'll get him there. :heart:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Moxie629 said:
kskate2 said:

Even Darth picked the 49ers to win. You have more loyalty than he does right now towards GB. :grin:

Darth is a realist and very brutally honest about his knowledge when making his picks

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Not a negative Nellie when it comes to football Moxie. GB has the best qb in football but that won't win on its own. San Fran is better in almost every way. I will say that the only 2 teams In all the playoffs I'd pick over GB is SF and Seattle, but that happens to be their first 2 opponents in all likelihood. We will hold hands as long as this joy ride lasts though :) and KS is a disgruntled Bears fan!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Also the forecast in Green Bay is 7 degrees at kickoff but no snow, I like that it will be freezing but want some snow too!!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Also the forecast in Green Bay is 7 degrees at kickoff but no snow, I like that it will be freezing but want some snow too!!

No snow please, we want to see these two talents at their very best

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Not a negative Nellie when it comes to football Moxie. GB has the best qb in football but that won't win on its own. San Fran is better in almost every way. I will say that the only 2 teams In all the playoffs I'd pick over GB is SF and Seattle, but that happens to be their first 2 opponents in all likelihood. We will hold hands as long as this joy ride lasts though :) and KS is a disgruntled Bears fan!

I agree w/ you except for the last part. I have never been a Bears fan let alone a disgruntled one. :nono I routinely pick against them.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:

I agree w/ you except for the last part. I have never been a Bears fan let alone a disgruntled one. :nono I routinely pick against them.

Oh ok, guess I was wrong, you seem so critical of their clownishness that I figured you had something invested in them.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I am critical because I live here and I have to hear all the media hype when the reality is they're just not that good.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Normally I like the Saints and the Pats, (and the Redskins…oh, well….) But my nephew is completely invested in GB, so I'm all about the Packers winning this year. That's it. No other team exists. They will win the Super Bowl. I insist. :please: :approved: :emperor: :clap

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Normally I like the Saints and the Pats, (and the Redskins…oh, well….) But my nephew is completely invested in GB, so I'm all about the Packers winning this year. That's it. No other team exists. They will win the Super Bowl. I insist. :please: :approved: :emperor: :clap

Let's hope you have some magic powers to make it so!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Moxie629 said:
Normally I like the Saints and the Pats, (and the Redskins…oh, well….) But my nephew is completely invested in GB, so I'm all about the Packers winning this year. That's it. No other team exists. They will win the Super Bowl. I insist.

Well, how do you think Rafa won 13 Slams? If you ask Cali, it's not by his "talent." :laydownlaughing
So it must be my lucky shirt, my candles, and the holy Mexican dirt I procured in a Oaxacan mission many moons ago. :cool: I'll be employing all of them during the Packers games. That should do it!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
DarthFed said:
Moxie629 said:
Normally I like the Saints and the Pats, (and the Redskins…oh, well….) But my nephew is completely invested in GB, so I'm all about the Packers winning this year. That's it. No other team exists. They will win the Super Bowl. I insist.

Well, how do you think Rafa won 13 Slams? If you ask Cali, it's not by his "talent." :laydownlaughing
So it must be my lucky shirt, my candles, and the holy Mexican dirt I procured in a Oaxacan mission many moons ago. :cool: I'll be employing all of them during the Packers games. That should do it!

Then I will know who to blame (aside from the Packers' poor defense) if they go down ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
DarthFed Other Sports 116
DarthFed Other Sports 98