NFL Playoffs

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, the big show is here. I will start out with overall predictions and say Seattle vs. New England in the SB with Seattle repeating in big fashion again.

As for Wild Card weekend:

Arizona @ Carolina (Saturday) - Carolina is kind of hot but they've beaten up on some bad teams. Arizona on the other hand has no QB and morale has to be low after their season has fallen apart due to Palmer's injury. I think Carolina takes it.

Baltimore @ Pitt (Saturday) - Tough one to predict especially if Bell doesn't play. Both teams are familiar with each other to say the least. Both have been pretty unpredictable all year. I do think Pitt wins but it will be close. HFA and an advantage at QB position is what pushes Steelers to a win here.

Cincy @ Indy - If AJ Green is ready to go this "could" be a good one. Certainly it should be better than the regular season game that Indy destroyed Cincy in. But the advantages Pitt has above holds the same for Indy except it's a much bigger edge at QB. HFA and Luck vs. Dalton? Pretty easy call.

Detroit @ Dallas - Suh's suspension was overturned and that gives Detroit some hope in this game. Without Suh I don't see them slowing Murray that much and that is the key to stopping this offense. Romo has been great this year but having that awesome running game has taken some pressure off. What will happen if he is in more 3rd and longs than normal...could still be same old Romo. On the other side the Lions offense is just not that good but neither is Dallas' defense. I think this will be a good one but Dallas should win. Again, HFA + the edge at QB. It's a pattern this wild card weekend and it makes the picks a little more clear IMO.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
As for Wild Card weekend:

Arizona @ Carolina (Saturday) - CAM.. CAM.. Panthers

Baltimore @ Pitt (Saturday) - Historically always tough between these two especially during the ray lewis years.. slight edge to the hometown Steelers but i wouldnt be surpised if Ravens won.

Cincy @ Indy - Indy

Detroit @ Dallas - Cowboys are doing everything better than the Lions on both sides of the ball. BOYS

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Ben is awful in this game. Looks like the Ravens will move on.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This was the toughest to call, not too much of a surprise. Baltimore is dangerous but I feel Pitt was even more dangerous as in they had a legit chance to make the Super Bowl.

I know it's too late now but maybe we should've done a confidence pool for the playoffs where you put 1 on the game you're least confident in and 4 on the one you're most confident in.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
That's a good idea. Let's keep it in mind for next year.

If Flacco continues to play game manager like that, they can take out the Empire.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
They have a pretty good chance vs. New England IMO. Again it's a game where the two teams are very familiar with each other. New England is still a lot of smoke and mirrors though their defense does have a lot more talent this year.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
This Romo guy has to be one of the dumbest QB's ever. :cover

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The Boys get lucky and get the win, but I still stand by my earlier statement.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Very blatant bias call against the lions to help Jerry's boys advance.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Those refs should be investigated. That's more than just a typical bad call. That's the group of refs huddling for 2 minutes and picking up a flag for blatant interference. A. Those refs should not be doing another playoff game and B. there should be an investigation into how that call was overturned; mainly which of the refs was the driving force behind that being picked up. After determining who was responsible you have a ref to investigate, maybe he is a Cowboys fan, maybe he had a big bet on the game, etc. When it's something this bad you have to wonder...

Glad I'm not a Lions fan but I was rooting for them today. I think they'd have had a better chance vs. Seattle than Carolina would. Also Dallas poses some threat to GB, especially if those refs show up.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
We all went 3-1 by the way.

So divisional round is set

Baltimore @ New England - I think Ravens have a legit chance here. New England came down to Earth a bit to finish the year and the Ravens have a good all around team. Still favoring New England but I don't see this as a big upset if Balt wins.

Indy @ Denver - Similar to above, not a real shock if Indy pulls this off as Manning could struggle if the weather is bad. For this one I kind of want to wait to see the forecast. Even if Manning struggles they now have a great running game to lean on and the Colts can be run over. I think Denver wins.

Carolina @ Seattle - Carolina and Cam suddenly have decent momentum but it won't be enough.

Dallas @ Green Bay - It will be a cold one next week. There shouldn't be any snow but temps could get down to 5 degrees. Regardless I think GB takes it but that Dallas offensive line will give them plenty to worry about. I see Dallas winning under three circumstances 1. Murray runs wild all game for about 200 yards and Dallas controls the clock. 2. Rodgers isn't close to 100% by game time (seems unlikely) and 3. Dallas gets to have the same refs for this game. I just think at some point GB will get a turnover or 2 and get a couple stops. If GB's offense does what it should do Dallas won't stop them at all.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/referee-from-lions-cowboys-explains-controversial-non-call-against-cowboys-030429958.html

Discussion about the horrific call. Yes, face guarding itself is not a penalty but it is as soon as contact is made with the receiver even if it was minimal which in this case it wasn't. We now know it was the head linesmen who reversed it. Hopefully he won't be reffing another game in these playoffs.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nearly as bad as the fricken tuck rule call against the Raiders in the playoffs a few years ago.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Seahawks, Pats(it wont be easy), Broncos(Indy has a lot of defensive vulunabilites that Peyton should be able to expose) and the Packers cause I just dont like the Boys(but I like and could ave played for Jerry's $)

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
kskate2 said:
If Flacco continues to play game manager like that, they can take out the Empire.

Phlacco = Luke Skywalker?
Brady = Darth Vader?
Belichick = Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious?

I like it!!!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
kskate2 said:

Brady = Darth Vader?

I like it!!!

No.. No :nono..

Someone like Arod is a Jedi Knight...

Phlacco = Jaja Binks

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/referee-from-lions-cowboys-explains-controversial-non-call-against-cowboys-030429958.html

Discussion about the horrific call. Yes, face guarding itself is not a penalty but it is as soon as contact is made with the receiver even if it was minimal which in this case it wasn't. We now know it was the head linesmen who reversed it. Hopefully he won't be reffing another game in these playoffs.

More nonsense from the NFL as they try to save face:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-says-refs-missed-suh-holding-call-in-lions-cowboys-game-211933291.html

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
They missed a lot of holds on that last drive. It was a debacle for the NFL especially since that was their only competitive game of the weekend. Hopefully Green Bay will serve some justice. I'm just worried about Murray running over the Packer D and Jerry bringing more of his refs to Lambeau.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
I. Haychew said:
kskate2 said:

Brady = Darth Vader?

I like it!!!

No.. No :nono..

Someone like Arod is a Jedi Knight...

Phlacco = Jaja Binks

Flacco might just end up being an Eli clone, especially if he somehow manages to win another ring. He is mediocre at best in the regular season and all of a sudden can play lights out in the playoffs.

A-Rod as a jedi knight? I can get on board with that :) Jerry Jones could be a decent Count Dooku and we all know Belichick is Palpatine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
DarthFed Other Sports 116
DarthFed Other Sports 242